You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andrew Robertson

cuppatea

The only consistency he's had are poor performances since last Season.  Tsimikas on current form should rightly be ahead of him.  He deserves to start on what he offers attacking wise alone.  Robertson has so far offered fuck all going forward and even less defensively.

30 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

It’s not ridiculous at all. He’s been one of the most consistent performers since he signed, I can count the bad games he’s had on one hand. He’s still rock solid defensively, his attacking output is definitely down and needs to improve that but Tsimikas has done nothing to suggest he should be even mentioned in same breath as Robbo, don’t forget his fuck up at Norwich where Milner gave him a slap and that moronic challenge on Benteke that should have been a pen.

Was a mental post. It's "insulting and ignorant" to suggest someone in good form and with lots of quality could play ahead of someone in shite form? Yeah, sure. 

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Ironically Robbo looks sound in defence but poor in attack and Tsimikas looks sound in attack but no so clever in defence.

We could with a hybrid of them at the moment!

Did you watch yesterday's game?

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

No one really needs to be 1st choice and backup. There are enough games where we can rotate.

Personally I don't think defences thrive on rotation. I realise our full backs have an absolutely mental work load and in matip we have a lad who need to be wrapped in cotton wool, but I'd like the unforced changes in defence to be kept to a minimum. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Personally I don't think defences thrive on rotation. I realise our full backs have an absolutely mental work load and in matip we have a lad who need to be wrapped in cotton wool, but I'd like the unforced changes in defence to be kept to a minimum. 

What's the point of depth if we won't use it then? Tsimikas shouldn't stick around if his only game time is filling in when Robertson's hurt. Same for Konate or Gomez, and definitely Phillips. 

If Tsimikas is playing well, he should get games and because we're in many competitions we can give him that. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

What's the point of depth if we won't use it then? Tsimikas shouldn't stick around if his only game time is filling in when Robertson's hurt. Same for Konate or Gomez, and definitely Phillips. 

If Tsimikas is playing well, he should get games and because we're in many competitions we can give him that. 

I think it's the the job of some players to wait till others are injured and fill in in lower profile games or maybe the last 20 or 30 mins in a game to give others a rest - and I'm not too arsed if they don't like it. Kostas has done ok when he's been used this season, but people are talking like he's a world beater, yet his defending has been mediocre at best - although of course he's done well with his crossing. Robbo has been one of the world's leading left backs for a number of years, you build on that, not go to some merry go round selection policy because he has a small dip in form. Defences thrive on stability. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think it's the the job of some players to wait till others are injured and fill in in lower profile games or maybe the last 20 or 30 mins in a game to give others a rest - and I'm not too arsed if they don't like it. Kostas has done ok when he's been used this season, but people are talking like he's a world beater, yet his defending has been mediocre at best - although of course he's done well with his crossing. Robbo has been one of the world's leading left backs for a number of years, you build on that, not go to some merry go round selection policy. Defences thrive on stability. 

They thrive on stability, but do you know what else they thrive on? Players playing well. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think it's the the job of some players to wait till others are injured and fill in in lower profile games or maybe the last 20 or 30 mins in a game to give others a rest - and I'm not too arsed if they don't like it. Kostas has done ok when he's been used this season, but people are talking like he's a world beater, yet his defending has been mediocre at best - although of course he's done well with his crossing. Robbo has been one of the world's leading left backs for a number of years, you build on that, not go to some merry go round selection policy because he has a small dip in form. Defences thrive on stability. 

Quite decent of you to make the case for a Scotsman from Hull, especially after that business with the girl of your dreams.

Screenshot_2021-09-26-22-27-42-96_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

They thrive on stability, but do you know what else they thrive on? Players playing well. 

I think the form of both players is being grossly exaggerated. Kostas has made glaring errors in all the games he's played. He's done well going forward, but his defending has been ordinary at best. Robbo people are waiting for the form he's shown consistently for years, he's not at that level, but robbo -10% is still better than most. I don't think there's a lot between them and we know how high the ceiling is with robbo. Unless rest is going to sort his form (and I see no reason why this would be the case), imo this is the time you stick with him. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, m0e said:

People first crying out for better players to put pressure on the 1st 11, and when we have it, people then start playing favourites.

This isn't about credit in the bank, this is about picking our best 11.

Agree. I still think Robbo has the shirt for now and like I said, needs to re start showing a bit of composure on the ball. Also said before the link up play between Sadio and Robbo has been poor since last season and I think that's affecting his game.

Tsimikas is putting the pressure on though which can only be good for the team.

• 4 weeks later...