You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

The lad is a fucking cracking midfielder.

I know he is but for that much it’s quite insane, Utd paid that for Pogba because they bought into his “brand” and hype, they’ve probably earned his transfer back by now from shirt sales etc but can’t see that from Savic, he is ace though and would improve any team in the world, especially them..they lose Felliani’s physical presence and replace him with similar statue but 100% better footballer.

Guest Pistonbroke

If we start next season with Lovren, Mignolet, Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno and Klavan i think im going to kill someone.

I have a horrible feeling Mingolet will still be a regular next season, Henderson as well, or he'll be a squad player at the least. A lot will depend on whether or not he is still the club captain. 

If we start next season with Lovren, Mignolet, Henderson, Sturridge, Moreno and Klavan i think im going to kill someone.

Pick your target then mate because I got a sneaky feeling Mignolet and possibly Henderson will be in or around the starting XI. Both need replacing if we’re going to start making inroads towards closing the gap between us and the Top 2, if Henderson’s getting replaced as captain in my opinion he needs to leave the club aswell, no matter how “nice” or “professional” he is your asking for trouble replacing a club captain and keeping him at the club. I know Sami did it but in his own words could see how influential Gerrard was becoming and how long he could lead the team and that Sami himself could see in a year or two he’d start to be phased out of the of the starting XI.

Guest Pistonbroke

Bang, cracker from Torino. 3-1 up away to Lazio.

Lucas has been shite.

Pulled, and rightly so. Obviously that red card changed the game, but this is a kick in the balls for Lazio.

Guest Pistonbroke

Milinkovic-Savic hacks a Torino player into the advertising boards and cripples the cunt. You need a bit of that.

2 minutes later and Luis Alberto with a lovely finish puts 10 man Lazio back to 2-1.

Good game, getting nasty.

The ref is PL standard, shit. Like you say, been a nasty game but he is the reason it became so. I can't believe he used the video ref for that incident for the red, Immobile was daft but it was clear play acting and a dive after what looked like a shoulder push. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Rarely watch Serie A anymore mate, just way too slow. You can see why Lucas and Alberto ply their trade there.

I'm the same this season, I've watched a few of the high profile games, but there are better games to be watched in other leagues and the Monday night games in Serie A are usually gash. I'm always wary about getting players from serie A, mind you, Salah shut me up.