You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

It would seem a bit pointless Coutinho leaving in January as I would assume he is ineligible to play Champions League for another club this season. The only way I see him staying beyond the Summer is if this team improves immeasurably against the big teams, which is very possible and he would find it hard to leave a winning team.

All the accounts to date, the accounts that are only valid upto the point where we started spending next to fuck all and even make a profit during most windows.

Going to be real interesting when the next set is out and this out of date info is used to justify one of the richest clubs in the world spending fuck all, relatively speaking.   I don't know where the money is going but it's not going back into the team.

So where do you suggest? You think the owners are skimming money into their own yacht? Paying off the interest free loan they made to the club for the stadium?

It's interesting to me because the prevailing thought from those against the owners was that they were happy to build the asset and make their money when they sold. This would mean a big change and would include selling assets to line their own pockets. This would be revolution worthy.

Another possible option is that the manager didn't want to spend and wanted to save for the right players. No idea if that's the correct version of events, but it seems one possibility. Given that the other version would have surely seen Coutinho sold for over 100m this last summer, with no funds going out. If they are in it to line their pockets, these self-made billionaires are stupid and rubbish at making money.

The only way I see him staying beyond the Summer is if this team improves immeasurably against the big teams, which is very possible and he would find it hard to leave a winning team.

He's under contract until 2022 so unless Barcelona or PSG present us with a serious bid and\or he sulks enough for Klopp to sanction his leaving then he'll be here for a while longer.

He's under contract until 2022 so unless Barcelona or PSG present us with a serious bid and\or he sulks enough for Klopp to sanction his leaving then he'll be here for a while longer.

Nah, no way he's staying past this summer. He's defo been given assurances that they'll sell him. 

You should care.  You should be asking where the clubs money is going during a time when none of the back is good enough to be at the club and the midfield needs work too.

Klopp and the front four doesn't change that at all.

Yeah. That doesn't negate my point one bit. 

All the accounts to date, the accounts that are only valid upto the point where we started spending next to fuck all and even make a profit during most windows.

Going to be real interesting when the next set is out and this out of date info is used to justify one of the richest clubs in the world spending fuck all, relatively speaking.   I don't know where the money is going but it's not going back into the team.

So, you don't know?

And that is being kind to you. The actual evidence says that you are wrong - so, you are arguing for future evidence? Schrodinger's accounts! 

• Upvote 1

Nah, no way he's staying past this summer. He's defo been given assurances that they'll sell him. 

I agree. I think he is moving on - but I do think the price is still up in the air. Barcelona being cunts want him on the cheap, however I am hoping Real and PSG force the issue. £125m and, i'll be happy enough. 

I am under no illusion Coutinho is moving on in the summer. The lads head was turned last summer although to be fair he has not sulked since the window closed. Expect a lot of pressure from Spain in January and probably massive pressure in the summer with the World Cup his showboat. If he goes then and we re invest in the shortened window I will be ok with that.

It would be amazing if we actually landed his replacement before selling him right? RIGHT?

He can't be replaced.  The going rate for the few players of his ability , still only 25 , is through the roof and even if we could afford the fee and the wages these select few wouldn't sign for Liverpool . When he goes it will inevitably set us back, 

• Upvote 1

SERI ACROSS THE MERSEY?

City are also said to fancy Jean Michael Seri, though Liverpool are reportedly ready to fight them for the Nice star.

Seri again has Europe’s big hitters circling around him, with PSG also keeping an eye on the central midfielder

Seri is still at Nice, who refused to sell the 26-year-old to Barcelona for in excess of £35million in the summer, giving him the right old hump. But Barca’s interest remains, and Arsenal are said to hold a long-standing interest too.

City will have room in the squad for a dynamic midfielder when Yaya Toure exits next summer, while Liverpool seem to have outgrown Jordan Henderson and face the prospect of Emre Can leaving for nothing.