You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Lovren has proven his Lovrenitis. I wouldn't trust him as a starter for any string of multiple games.

All defenders are capable of making costly mistakes. I’ve used Vidic as an example enough times here. He got destroyed time and again against us. Got sent off twice. Yet at the time he was the best defender in the world. Lovren isn’t near as good a defender asVidic was, but he’s a good enough defender. He’s proactive and aggressive.

Yeah true, I mean no clubs sell their most important players in Ja...... oh!

You don't get it. That's not at all relevant to the keeper position. Like I said, clubs use two keepers. They aren't going to sell us one of them in the middle of the season. I'd be surprised if any big keeper transfer has ever been made in the month of January. 

All defenders are capable of making costly mistakes. I’ve used Vidic as an example enough times here. He got destroyed time and again against us. Got sent off twice. Yet at the time he was the best defender in the world. Lovren isn’t near as good a defender asVidic was, but he’s a good enough defender. He’s proactive and aggressive.

...and his Lovrenitis costs us games.  I'd call him a failed experiment.

Does this include the Coutinho, VVD and Keita deals?

As a general comment besides that, there should be no reason why we can’t compete with anyone, Manchester clubs aside, especially since Abramovich seems to be tightening the purse strings a bit.

It won't include Keita because we have not bought him yet

• Upvote 1

We have though. He's just not here yet.

Let's hope there isn't a clause that the deal only gets done if we make CL.

I wouldn't put it past us to have agreed it but not mentioned it.

There is a clause I believe that we have to pay some more on top if they do.

"Liverpool are unlikely to make further signings in this transfer window because Jurgen Klopp believes that his squad is strong enough to negotiate the final months of the campaign" - Paul Joyce

You have to admire his self belief but it is a big gamble IMO.

yeah you do its a ballsy  move  but at the same i also refuse to believe that 1 player out the door changes a whole team  id rather we wait and get the right player rather than end up with another balotelli/aquilani situation where they just dont fit the type of player we need

yeah you do its a ballsy move but at the same i also refuse to believe that 1 player out the door changes a whole team id rather we wait and get the right player rather than end up with another balotelli/aquilani situation where they just dont fit the type of player we need

I agree 1 player does not change team but there is an argument to say we are lacking in the middle and in attacking cover and the question is could/would an addition help us and be the difference between 4th and 5th or 6th in the league.

Of course the addition has to be the right one.

It is of course tricky it is of course all about opinion - time will tell if Klopp's decisions are the right ones I suppose.

• Upvote 1

"Liverpool are unlikely to make further signings in this transfer window because Jurgen Klopp believes that his squad is strong enough to negotiate the final months of the campaign" - Paul Joyce

"Negotiate the final months of the campaign",   what does that even mean....  Like saying we should have enough players to field a team every week......

We're such fucking losers. The more I think about the Coutinho sale the angrier I become, aside from being our best player he made us tick. I genuinely feel like it's a wind up that we've sold him with no replacement. Why the fuck didn't we just agree a deal for a summer move to the dirty catalan nonces. Handicapping yourself as you go into the most important part of the season, no other club in the Champions League would be so incompetent.

• Upvote 6

Personally, I don't admire it at all. It's pure delusion. 

When did Jurgen say that? (About the squad being strong enough to negotiate the final months of the season).

Was it after the Man City win?

Or after the poor loss to Swansea?

Or after getting knocked out of the FA Cup?

You would have to think that the two losses are at least making us check again to see if we can bring any of our targets in now.

When did Jurgen say that? (About the squad being strong enough to negotiate the final months of the season).

Was it after the Man City win?

Or after the poor loss to Swansea Or after getting knocked out of the FA Cup?

You would have to think that the two losses are at least making us check again to see if we can bring any of our targets in now.

If Klopp needed two losses on the bounce to see what the majority of us could see coming a mile off we have bigger problems.