You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think we need to take the hit and get rid this summer. Another season of this is going to see his value go down even further. He needs to go somewhere to start again and we need to free up his wages for someone worthwhile. I know lots of managers dont want to have to go to the board, effectively admitting failure but Jurgens got more than enough credit to do it.

Naby has dragged me back in, I'm back on board the Naby Keita train.

Curtis Jones has gone off to be replaced by Ox in the last 2 games and we have conceded 6 in about 30 minutes. The role of our wide center midfielder is to be a midfielder but also half a winger and fullback. Thiago has struggled massively with this, Ox will never be able to do it, Hendo has been removed from his role and Milner is creaking. Naby is the man to rescue our season. You heard it here first.

I'll throw in he will be like a new signing, he's had the peds injected into his eyes for 2 months, we are getting a new player with Adama Traore arms.

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Anyone pinning any hopes on this waste of space is going to be bitterly disappointed.

Have to agree, but we need somebody in there, something to help us.

We've ripped the guts out of midfield to plug holes in defence and what is left is a mixture of the not up to it, still too young/developing to be at it every week at top level, getting too old and struggling to settle.....and its killing us.

If Keita could just play a part for rest of season it might help.

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

Naby has dragged me back in, I'm back on board the Naby Keita train.

Curtis Jones has gone off to be replaced by Ox in the last 2 games and we have conceded 6 in about 30 minutes. The role of our wide center midfielder is to be a midfielder but also half a winger and fullback. Thiago has struggled massively with this, Ox will never be able to do it, Hendo has been removed from his role and Milner is creaking. Naby is the man to rescue our season. You heard it here first.

I'll throw in he will be like a new signing, he's had the peds injected into his eyes for 2 months, we are getting a new player with Adama Traore arms.

It's getting desperate isn't it? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's getting desperate isn't it? 

I think I may he serious though. I think we have done the right thing with him, we needed him over the last 6 weeks and it appears he was available but we chose to build him back up for one last shot at the title. There have been tonnes of players over the years that were in that "limbo" land, too much promise to fuck away but not enough output to keep. Chelsea have had loads of them, Loftus Cheek is a good example, every so often he shows you enough to keep you wondering but before you know it its been 6 years. Jamie Redknapp is another one. We have taken the now or never approach with Naby, he has 3 months to deliver or get the fuck.

10 minutes ago, No2 said:

I think I may he serious though. I think we have done the right thing with him, we needed him over the last 6 weeks and it appears he was available but we chose to build him back up for one last shot at the title. There have been tonnes of players over the years that were in that "limbo" land, too much promise to fuck away but not enough output to keep. Chelsea have had loads of them, Loftus Cheek is a good example, every so often he shows you enough to keep you wondering but before you know it its been 6 years. Jamie Redknapp is another one. We have taken the now or never approach with Naby, he has 3 months to deliver or get the fuck.

To be honest, I genuinely think we're that desperate he has to get a run. Our midfield needs to be all about energy and while I don't think he's great at that, he's more mobile than thiago for instance. Chamberlain is finished imo and Shaq.isnt a centre mid in this team. So it leaves us with thiago, Gini and Jones who are currently fit! We have no choice but to put faith in him. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Probably the only midfielder we have who attempts to get beyond the strikers , which would be very useful.

And last time he played we were top of the league and we scored 7. Number 7 is on the way with 14 league wins. And it would take 7 games to win the CL. Lots of 7 and multiples of 7. Is Ken Barlow marrying the pope too? 

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Probably the only midfielder we have who attempts to get beyond the strikers , which would be very useful.

He’s good at that, but hardly gets any credit for it. A gifted footballer that has has his career here ruined by injuries. I’ve been one of the few on here keeping faith in him, but have more or less written him off due to all the injuries, which I predict will only continue.

I thought this was dead funny from Klopp today...

Klopp went on to provide further details on Keita’s condition, stating: “Naby could have been in the squad against Leipzig, but it didn’t make sense because he’d only trained two days with the team. 

“So, we said stay at home, train two days of proper training sessions, but unfortunately Naby got ill a little bit and couldn’t train these two days.

“Yesterday we reintegrated him again. I just don’t know, but we don’t hold him back or whatever. Of course, after the injuries he had, we don’t want to force him in or something like that, but it would be nice to have him. Is he able to play a few minutes on Saturday? I don’t know. 

“If he’s not, if we speak about it and it’s better to rather not play a few minutes then it is better to stay away from the team and just train proper, proper."

Fucking hell, the lad is just unbelievable.

The thing with Naby is he’s never really shown us what he’s capable of since he arrived. Take Ox for example, he hasn’t had the best time of it of late, but he had a belter of a start to his Liverpool career. The fans have something to hang on to at least; memories of him doing something great for us e.g., the two City games. We haven’t had that with Naby, and time is running out.