You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Happy Father's Day

G Richards

Just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to the fine people of the GF. I know it's a bit early, but we are celebrating today as daughter is leaving tomorrow for a week at camp.

I was honestly completely surprised and they are making a bit of a fuss of me. We are having my favourite special meal - large garlic prawns as a starter, then a lovely chateaubriand with asparagus spears and mushrooms, washed down with a nice bottle of red wine.

I am concerned about the two gifts I received as it could point to a drink problem! (To be fair it will take me a while to polish it off). Kids got me a bottle of Woodford Reserve and a case of my favourite beer, Lagunitas IPA.

Happy Father's Day, and most important of all, may you spend some cherished time with the ones you love.

Just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to the fine people of the GF. I know it's a bit early, but we are celebrating today as daughter is leaving tomorrow for a week at camp.

I was honestly completely surprised and they are making a bit of a fuss of me. We are having my favourite special meal - large garlic prawns as a starter, then a lovely chateaubriand with asparagus spears and mushrooms, washed down with a nice bottle of red wine.

I am concerned about the two gifts I received as it could point to a drink problem! (To be fair it will take me a while to polish it off). Kids got me a bottle of Woodford Reserve and a case of my favourite beer, Lagunitas IPA.

Happy Father's Day, and most important of all, may you spend some cherished time with the ones you love.

Nice one mate same to you,my youngest has just got a 1st in her degree so a great early present to kick the weekend off.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

Nice one mate same to you,my youngest has just got a 1st in her degree so a great early present to kick the weekend off.

Nice one, and a happy fathers day to all those fathers on here. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Cheers mate and don't forget them hangovers take a lot longer to get over has were knocking on,enjoy.

Fathers day has been and gone over here mate, having a quiet weekend myself. Great news with your daughter, a moment to fill you with pride. Our own daughter is in her last year and doing really well, hopefully she carries that on into her next move which is doing her masters. 

Fathers day has been and gone over here mate, having a quiet weekend myself. Great news with your daughter, a moment to fill you with pride. Our own daughter is in her last year and doing really well, hopefully she carries that on into her next move which is doing her masters.

Great stuff hope everything she aims for comes true,they put a lot of effort and hard graft in mate and it's nice to see them rewarded at the end.

Guest Pistonbroke

Great stuff hope everything she aims for comes true,they put a lot of effort and hard graft in mate and it's nice to see them rewarded at the end.

Cheers mucka, same to your daughter. I fully agree on the effort, some things come natural but other areas of their studies see them putting an awful lot of effort in. 

Just as long as we're all clear it's a good thing right? I have 3 under 7 and blessed etc. But I won't lie, it's fucking hard work and ruined my hedonistic approach to life; generally reckon that's ok and just how it rolls: I do miss fun though; anyone else?

If my useless dopey get of a son actually manages to send me card that arrives today I will be mightily surprised. This is the one that works in a supermarket that sells stamps, cards and has a post box but couldnt get me or his gran a card to arrive at christmas as he was too busy at work.

I love him really

Just as long as we're all clear it's a good thing right? I have 3 under 7 and blessed etc. But I won't lie, it's fucking hard work and ruined my hedonistic approach to life; generally reckon that's ok and just how it rolls: I do miss fun though; anyone else?

I only have one, but it's like living with an active volcano - always about to blow for no discernable reason and you have no control over it. I love watching him grow, doing different things every day - those changes also happen for no discernable reason such as 'parenting', which is rather thrilling - but lordy yes, do I miss 'fun'.

Sorry to piss on chips but lost my step dad in the early hours following a short cancer battle. We were never close but he was a good dad to his daughter, my half sister.

Felt really gutted for her over the last few weeks whenever I saw a father's day sign or advert. I sat with him and held his hand during the final hours, and kissed him on the head. Reassurance in the face of fear was the only gift I could give.

Bawled my eyes out in my car on the way home, really surprised me, first time I'd she'd a single tear over anything since I was 17 when I found my grandad dead - who I thought of as 'my dad'.

All death is heartbreaking but there's something specifically odd about seeing a father pass away, people who spend their lives trying to be strong, in control and avoiding being seen as afraid, vulnerable or emotional.

My wife said she's going to phone her dad today and tell him how much she loves him. Appreciate today my friends, whether you're son or father, or both.

• Upvote 5

That's heavy that, Section. I don't really know what to say other than I genuinely hope you're alright mate. Sounds like some night you've had there.

Happy Father's Day to the rest of you motherfuckers. My kids are all still asleep so I'm about to jump into the shower in the hope that it'll wake them up.

Sorry to piss on chips but lost my step dad in the early hours following a short cancer battle. We were never close but he was a good dad to his daughter, my half sister.

Felt really gutted for her over the last few weeks whenever I saw a father's day sign or advert. I sat with him and held his hand during the final hours, and kissed him on the head. Reassurance in the face of fear was the only gift I could give.

Bawled my eyes out in my car on the way home, really surprised me, first time I'd she'd a single tear over anything since I was 17 when I found my grandad dead - who I thought of as 'my dad'.

All death is heartbreaking but there's something specifically odd about seeing a father pass away, people who spend their lives trying to be strong, in control and avoiding being seen as afraid, vulnerable or emotional.

My wife said she's going to phone her dad today and tell him how much she loves him. Appreciate today my friends, whether you're son or father, or both.

Sad news that mate,lost a great brother in law to cancer last year,gone in six weeks ,it's ruthless.