You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I'm wondering if we're deliberately pausing on the Keita deal, because the moment we pay £70m for him you can be assured we won't get Oxlade Chamberlain for less than £35m, for example.

I don't think so... I'd be telling Arsenal that we've blown our kitty and 20m is all thats left, if we signed Keita

I just want Van Dijk, Keita and Aumbameyang! It's not that hard isit? £180m spent and get the title won.

Mignolet

Clyne Matip Van Dijk Milner

Henderson/Can

Coutinho Keita

Mane Aumbameyang Salah

No team in the league is keeping up with that, no way. Mourinhos park the double decker routine would get bulldozed by Klopp's German war tank, we'd make at least a quarter of that outlay back in sales so it's not unrealistic.

I really don't get why nobodies in for Aumbameyang. Arsenal are buying Lacazette who isn't as good, Utd are buying Morata who is unproven at best, why aren't Chelsea looking at him as a Costa replacement instead of letting him retire in China? I don't understand it at all, why did PSG pull the plug on the deal? He's better than anything Us, Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, he's better than Kane also but he's not £63m worth better than him, PSG, even Monaco where's he's played before as a replacement for Mbappe when he leaves, both the Milan clubs who now have money.

I just want Van Dijk, Keita and Aumbameyang! It's not that hard isit? £180m spent and get the title won.

Mignolet

Henderson/Can

Coutinho Keita

Mane Aumbameyang Salah

No team in the league is keeping up with that, no way. Mourinhos park the double decker routine would get bulldozed by Klopp's German war tank, we'd make at least a quarter of that outlay back in sales so it's not unrealistic.

I really don't get why nobodies in for Aumbameyang. Arsenal are buying Lacazette who isn't as good, Utd are buying Morata who is unproven at best, why aren't Chelsea looking at him as a Costa replacement instead of letting him retire in China? I don't understand it at all, why did PSG pull the plug on the deal? He's better than anything Us, Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea, he's better than Kane also but he's not £63m worth better than him, PSG, even Monaco where's he's played before as a replacement for Mbappe when he leaves, both the Milan clubs who now have money.

Isnt it down to Klopp and Aumbameyang not having the best of relationships when they were at dortmund?

That said, if the lad's prepared to accept the reported half million quid a week to play in china, I guess the other clubs think he wont join them for 200 thou a week so why bother?

Isnt it down to Klopp and Aumbameyang not having the best of relationships when they were at dortmund?

That said, if the lad's prepared to accept the reported half million quid a week to play in china, I guess the other clubs think he wont join them for 200 thou a week so why bother?

Think that was Manc Micky mate, I've only ever heard Aumbameyang talking positively about Klopp, he's said in the past he was the best manager he worked with and was like a father figure to him.

Obviously I'd never be in that situation but when your already a multimillionaire what's the difference between earning say £15m a year to £26m? I know what I'd personally choose, I'd take the £15m and play at the highest standard possible and still be rich beyond my wildest dreams and be set for life.

Mignolet

Henderson/Can

Coutinho Keita

Mane Aumbameyang Salah

Upgrade needed in both full back areas on that side - get that done and we are good to go.

Upgrade needed in both full back areas on that side - get that done and we are good to go.

I agree on replacing Milner because as the season went on it became apparent he's nowhere near being a proper left back but I'd be willing to give Clyne another season because despite how awful he was at the end of the season he's basically played every game since Klopp arrived and was probably fatigued, it's been proven time and time again that the fullback positions are the only ones on the pitch where you don't need top players there to be successful, I mean it helps if they are but you can be successful with reliable 7/10 every week players. As long as they can stretch the opposition in a Klopp team they will be enough, Milner became to predictable as he always cut inside and it didn't help that Coutinho did the same thing when he played on the left.

I agree on replacing Milner because as the season went on it became apparent he's nowhere near being a proper left back but I'd be willing to give Clyne another season because despite how awful he was at the end of the season he's basically played every game since Klopp arrived and was probably fatigued, it's been proven time and time again that the fullback positions are the only ones on the pitch where you don't need top players there to be successful, I mean it helps if they are but you can be successful with reliable 7/10 every week players. As long as they can stretch the opposition in a Klopp team they will be enough, Milner became to predictable as he always cut inside and it didn't help that Coutinho did the same thing when he played on the left.

I just don't rate Clyne - he is ok defensively but is awful going forward and in our system being so poor going forward is a big problem.

His decision making in attack is awful and he loses the ball/fails to put a good ball in from decent positions so often.

I just don't rate Clyne - he is ok defensively but is awful going forward and in our system being so poor going forward is a big problem.

His decision making in attack is awful and he loses the ball/fails to put a good ball in from decent positions so often.

I agree that most moves broke down with him last season and his decision making at times was worse than awful but how much of that was down to fatigue is my question, he was a lot better going forward at Southampton and scored a few good goals so like I said he's not a huge priority to upgrade at the moment but if he has another season like he did then I'd 100% replace him the season after, having said that we do really need at least one of our fullbacks to give us width and an extra dynamic when going forward so if it's only possible to upgrade Clyne now and keep Milner for another season then replace him I'd do that.