You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

The trouble is, matip and lovren don't stay fit. The 3rd and 4th choice centre backs will get loads of games because of this and I don't want to see either Gomez or klavan play loads of games.

Say we get De Vrij, then I'd imagine Lovren or Matip would be that 3rd centre back, and that'd be sufficient I think.

Say we get De Vrij, then I'd imagine Lovren or Matip would be that 3rd centre back, and that'd be sufficient I think.

But then where does Gomez get his game? I think we need a 1st choice centre back (who can stay fit!), but equally I only expect us to go into the season with 4 centre backs and that's what we have if Lucas goes.

But then where does Gomez get his game? I think we need a 1st choice centre back (who can stay fit!), but equally I only expect us to go into the season with 4 centre backs and that's what we have if Lucas goes.

Domestic cups.. and as 4th choice hopefully.. with Klavan phased out.

With the news that Barkley is on his way out at Everton. Would anyone have him here?

Have you not noticed that he tries his best to injure Liverpool players when he plays against them? He's dirty, not particularly good, bad attitude and he's blueshite.

So best answer to this is probably no.

Yes. Absolutely. Imagine the fume. Him scoring a winner for us in the.Derby at the gwladys end would finish them as a.club.

I first read this and thought you were exaggerating but then thought about it and believe that it would actually happen. Either that or Big Dunc having a secret Liverpool tattoo.

I don't see that happening. I reckon we'll go with the 4 and if we buy a 5th, Gomez will be loaned.

I agree with this.

We stick to the 5 that we have, with Lucas also covering DM as he did last season. Klavan is more settled, Lovren and Matip shouldn't miss as many games and Gomez is back fully fit.

We're certainly in better shape without doing much.

We'll also definitely be back in for VVD either in Jan or next summer. I just can't see anyone buying him, and Klopp will be desperate to honour the deal.

I agree with this.

We stick to the 5 that we have, with Lucas also covering DM as he did last season. Klavan is more settled, Lovren and Matip shouldn't miss as many games and Gomez is back fully fit.

We'll also definitely be back in for VVD either in Jan or next summer. I just can't see anyone buying him, and Klopp will be desperate to honour the deal.

Why do you think others won't be back in for him?

Why do you think others won't be back in for him?

We'll he's already turned them down, in effect.

I doubt any of them think he's the be all and end all, other than us for whatever reason

Plus the fee has certainly gone up, because if they accept anything under £50m, they'll look like a bunch of cunts.

You'll also get top defenders for £30m in Europe. It may not be easy, but VVD is hardly a guaranteed success, which is the only way big clubs splash out this kind of dough.

City or Chelsea can gamble on 2 center backs for that sort of fee, and if neither work out, no big deal.

Gremio and now Newcastle are keen on Lucas Leiva this summer, rumoured £4m fee.

Lucas would be available for around £4M. Gremio are also interested & he seems to prefer a move back to his hometown club. [Northern Echo]

Liverpool reject Huddersfield approach for Danny Ward, goalkeeper ‘not for sale’

If Lucas leaves, we riot.

• Upvote 1

We'll he's already turned them down, in effect.

I doubt any of them think he's the be all and end all, other than us for whatever reason

Plus the fee has certainly gone up, because if they accept anything under £50m, they'll look like a bunch of cunts.

You'll also get top defenders for £30m in Europe. It may not be easy, but VVD is hardly a guaranteed success, which is the only way big clubs splash out this kind of dough.

City or Chelsea can gamble on 2 center backs for that sort of fee, and if neither work out, no big deal.

I agree he's over priced. And maybe city and Chelsea wouldn't go for him. But arsenal were in and are pretty desperate.

Can you get top defenders for 30m? Haven't Chelsea just agreed a fee for over 50m for the lad from napoli and City have been spending 30m on centre backs for years before this latest price boom. For me, it's almost like if you want a bargain you need to shop even lower, because anyone who has a few top flight games and a couple of caps for some shit arse country seems to be 20-30m on the current prices.

I agree he's over priced. And maybe city and Chelsea wouldn't go for him. But arsenal were in and are pretty desperate.

Can you get top defenders for 30m? Haven't Chelsea just agreed a fee for over 50m for the lad from napoli and City have been spending 30m on centre backs for years before this latest price boom. For me, it's almost like if you want a bargain you need to shop even lower, because anyone who has a few top flight games and a couple of caps for some shit arse country seems to be 20-30m on the current prices.

I can't see Arsenal spending anywhere near that figure, but maybe things have changed.

The 35 they spent last summer was paid out of desperation, and that was for an established German international.

The Napoli lad is someone Conte wanted last year and that tells me he's all in on him being the one. Chelsea seemingly refuse to pay the fee and we now have reports that Conte is demanding full control because of this (and others like Lukaku).

United just bought their center back for 30mil and Mourinho is no mug when it comes to spending big on getting the player he wants.

If Sakho goes for 30, that gives us a clearer indication of where we are at.

I'm not sure you'll see any CB's go for more than 45 this summer. Anything above that is insane.

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K

I agree with this.

Setting new heights for how much "wrong" can be contained in 1 post.