You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Regardless, this window has been a shocker. After spending nothing in January, and after securing a top four finish, FSG should have placed their confidence in Klopp and backed him to the hilt.

This unfortunately for me says it all about FSG.

Unless some fucking miracles happen in the next 3 weeks (which doesn't look likely) we'll start yet another fucking season under the owners with a piss weak squad and will get overtaken yet again soon enough.

Have they not realised you strengthen the squad when competing in more competitions? Everyone else adds to the squad, us? The tired and tested soundbites "Injured players returning will be like new signings" "we only need one or two signings" get rolled out year after year.

FSG aren't here to compete, they are here to take as much money and profit as possible with the team occasionally over achieving.

Joke of a fucking club these last few years. A constant circle of shite year in year out, regardless of who the players/manager are.

Fuck off

• Upvote 7

This unfortunately for me says it all about FSG.

Unless some fucking miracles happen in the next 3 weeks (which doesn't look likely) we'll start yet another fucking season under the owners with a piss weak squad and will get overtaken yet again soon enough.

Have they not realised you strengthen the squad when competing in more competitions? Everyone else adds to the squad, us? The tired and tested soundbites "Injured players returning will be like new signings" "we only need one or two signings" get rolled out year after year.

FSG aren't here to compete, they are here to take as much money and profit as possible with the team occasionally over achieving.

Joke of a fucking club these last few years. A constant circle of shite year in year out, regardless of who the players/manager are.

Fuck off

Spot on mate.

So I see some journo I've never heard of has linked us to Arturo Vidal this morning.

Not saying that's going to happen, because duh, but I still really think that we're going to do some serious business between now and the end of the window.  I think VVD will come and one other (Ziyech?) and if Coutinho leaves then there will be another major signing on top of those two.

As for Vidal himself, when he left Juve I wasn't too fussed with him but now obviously you'd take him in a heartbeat.  Just turned 30 so he's not one for the future but if we think we can get Naby next summer that's the future part solved there.  

In the meantime we'd get the one player in world football who absolutely defines the "you need a bit of that" cliche.  Snide bastard, the midfield equivalent of Suarez, who will absolutely wind up every opposing midfielder he plays against, who every opposition fan will despise, and who referees will send off every sixth game.  Just what we need in the short term if you ask me.

Vidal would make almost too much sense. Ziyech is a decent player but a central midfield pair of him and Phil will be pretty poorly balanced, neither of them can defend. Vidal would be the perfect midfield partner for Phil. But, yep, probably not going to happen, with him being a full grown adult and all that.

Vidal would make almost too much sense. Ziyech is a decent player but a central midfield pair of him and Phil will be pretty poorly balanced, neither of them can defend. Vidal would be the perfect midfield partner for Phil. But, yep, probably not going to happen, with him being a full grown adult and all that.

Ziyech can play wide or number 10 as well. Ajax have only really moved him back as he can play well enough there as a playmaker and they had other players coming through in his other positions.

If Phil goes go and make an offer that RB and Southampton can't refuse. They won't obviously. There are times when you have to pay above the market value. Go and make a £150 million bid for a top tier replacement. This is the market we're in now.

The problem is that by not investing adequately over the three previous windows with Klopp returning a profit we end up with a small squad and the focus becomes greater on every subsequent transfer window.

I don't believe FSG are here to make an operational profit (from year to year) for themselves however they want to minimise their financial exposure whilst they own us before eventually selling us for a huge profit set against their initial investment.

Vidal has won club league 6 seasons running and the CA the last two years in a row - he could get in any side in the world and he would come to Liverpool?

Well, he seems to want to leave Bayern for Inter. We are better than Inter. He might prefer to go back to Italy though.

Yeah let's help Bayern get rid of an unhappy ageing centre mid so they can have a free run at our real target next summer when he's available for half the price we offered the other week. Would be very us, I have to say.

I'd say there is virtually zero chance of us getting Keita next summer.

Ziyech can play wide or number 10 as well. Ajax have only really moved him back as he can play well enough there as a playmaker and they had other players coming through in his other positions.

Yep, I know, but he won't get ahead of Mane and Salah as a winger. And, we don't play with a 10, but if we do, Phil would take that spot. The only starting position he could come in for would be the Lallana/Gini spot next to Phil, but even then it's debatable whether he's better than Lallana. Vidal would definitelywalk into that starting spot. I see Ziyech more as a Chamberlain alternative than a Keita one, a good versatile squad player who can fill in different spots when needed, which I wouldn't be against as I would take him over Chamberlain. Anyway, it's just pure speculation atm, both links have come from questionable sources so far.

So I see some journo I've never heard of has linked us to Arturo Vidal this morning.

Not saying that's going to happen, because duh, but I still really think that we're going to do some serious business between now and the end of the window.  I think VVD will come and one other (Ziyech?) and if Coutinho leaves then there will be another major signing on top of those two.

Why do you think we've left our serious business until the end of the window? Who the fuck are we going to sign mid august to replace Coutinho?