You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) - Tuesday, 31/1/2017 - Chelsea, Chelsea. We're gonna make it a blue day......for those cockney fucks!

Nelly-Szoboszlai

There was contact, but not enough to take him down. He did that of his own accord, just like Hazard for the freekick.

They cheat their way to goals, but if the referees are too gullible to fall for it then it's a tactic that is in the rules of the game. The referees have to be better at spotting these but it won't change until decisions are made in a different way.

The free kick he gave wasn't a free kick, no where near, I agree with that but it was a pen like Rio said Matip didn't show him down the line and dangled a leg, he was asking for it. It was shit defending and if you can't see that he clipped Costa then look more closely. Thankfully it doesn't matter Mignolet saved it and we got a point that I would have taken before the game.

More worrying is how he was able to run right at him.

Yea that was on Lovren (again) trying to win the ball, Matip was ropey today but he's been good since he came, a top quality partner for him in the summer and it's a massive step forward. Matip is a ball player who carries it out, we could do with a partner that is an out and out defender like a young John Terry or Vidic.

The free kick he gave wasn't a free kick, no where near, I agree with that but it was a pen like Rio said Matip didn't show him down the line and dangled a leg, he was asking for it. It was shit defending and if you can't see that he clipped Costa then look more closely. Thankfully it doesn't matter Mignolet saved it and we got a point that I would have taken before the game.

Like I said, there was contact but he went down of his own accord. As far as I'm aware the rules of penalties and fouls in general is if the contact is enough to take a player down (for example a foot hooks the leg and actually causes a player to lose their balance) and the result is the player loses posession of the ball then a foul is to be given.

If Costa wanted to continue his run beyond Matip, he could have. But he chose to drop to the floor as a result of the minimal contact there was.

There's no debate there was contact. I would seriously question if it was enough to take him down. He did that to himself and won the penalty.

I didn't catch the game but let's just try to be positive going forward. It took Klopp a few years to put his stamp on Dortmund (and to win the league) I get its hard to positive after an absolute disaster of a month and lack of transfer activity is unacceptable but I genuinely believe we're in the best hands and we're not that far off a team that can truly challenge.

I expect we'll ditch a lot of the shite in the summer and bring in some genuine quality. We really were flying early in the season and played some of the best football I've seen. Loss of form, injuries and cover has really kicked our arse but I think we'll address this in the summer and we'll definitely win the league under Klopp.

Yea that was on Lovren (again) trying to win the ball, Matip was ropey today but he's been good since he came, a top quality partner for him in the summer and it's a massive step forward. Matip is a ball player who carries it out, we could do with a partner that is an out and out defender like a young John Terry or Vidic.

And a defensive midfielder. I feel sorry for our centre backs sometimes and Henderson as well because they have little protection.

I didn't catch the game but let's just try to be positive going forward. It took Klopp a few years to put his stamp on Dortmund (and to win the league) I get its hard to positive after an absolute disaster of a month and lack of transfer activity is unacceptable but I genuinely believe we're in the best hands and we're not that far off a team that can truly challenge.

I expect we'll ditch a lot of the shite in the summer and bring in some genuine quality. We really were flying early in the season and played some of the best football I've seen. Loss of form, injuries and cover has really kicked our arse but I think we'll address this in the summer and we'll definitely win the league under Klopp.

Did he play this formation in Germany with one in front of the back 4? Was the one an absolute monster?

Matip didnt dangle a leg so the camel lipped fuck is wrong. Matip clearly made contact with the ball and didnt go through the player to get it either.

Still, if people thought the first pen at sunderland was a stone wall pen as well, Im clearly in the minority. Not a pen in my book.

Like I said, there was contact but he went down of his own accord. As far as I'm aware the rules of penalties and fouls in general is if the contact is enough to take a player down (for example a foot hooks the leg and actually causes a player to lose their balance) and the result is the player loses posession of the ball then a foul is to be given.

If Costa wanted to continue his run beyond Matip, he could have. But he chose to drop to the floor as a result of the minimal contact there was.

There's no debate there was contact. I would seriously question if it was enough to take him down. He did that to himself and won the penalty.

But why should he stay up? Sterling did the other day and got nothing for it, it might be the rules that it has to be enough contact to take them down but it doesn't work like that does it? If a player feels contact anywhere on the field and it benefits him he will go down. Unfortunately that's the way football is.

Where matip half raises his leg after the contact i think it makes it look worse...maybe better had he left it on ground if possible would need to see it again to see if could but the moving leg and the falling elephant man looks worse than possibly matip appearing to just stand ground

Matip didnt dangle a leg so the camel lipped fuck is wrong. Matip clearly made contact with the ball and didnt go through the player to get it either.

Still, if people thought the first pen at sunderland was a stone wall pen as well, Im clearly in the minority. Not a pen in my book.

I don't know what you seen mate but he didn't make any contact with the ball, he clearly made contact with Costa, whether it was enough to take him down is another debate but it definitely made contact with Costas leg.

I don't know what you seen mate but he didn't make any contact with the ball, he clearly made contact with Costa, whether it was enough to take him down is another debate but it definitely made contact with Costas leg.

I wasnt at the game tonight, my lad went instead. I watched the whole game on the tv and you can see Matip getting his foot to the ball before the player goes down.

If I was in my seat at the other end of the ground, Id probably have no beef about it.

I wasnt at the game tonight, my lad went instead. I watched the whole game on the tv and you can see Matip getting his foot to the ball before the player goes down.

I thought that too at first but it was my eyes playing tricks, couldn't see the contact on Costa so as far as I could see he must have got a touch on the ball.

But then I watch it again and notice their knees, clear contact and, on reflection, cos of the speed he's moving I don't think Costa even makes that much of a meal of it.