You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mein Kampf

Captain Turdseye

Has anyone on here read it?

Let's be clear, I'm not a nazi and I don't want this thread invaded by the usual suspects (I mean the political debaters on here, not the Germans). It's just that I'm getting more and more intrigued by WW2 as I get older. I can't get enough of it and was wondering whether or not it's worth a read.

Does it shed any more light on Hitler's life and thinking than the hundreds of documentaries that have been made about him? Is it a boring read? Were you glad you read it? Sickened by it? All that kind of shit.

I need the GF to decide for me. Should I read it or give it a swerve?

It should also be said that if I go to the library to borrow or reserve it, it will be on Sunday as that's usually the day I take my girls there for a little arts and crafts session they love to do. Not only will the librarian judge me but I'll also get home with them saying "Look, Mummy, we made fuzzy owls and Daddy got Hitler's autobiography."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Never had any interest in reading it myself. A mate of mine said it was a very hard read as Hitler certainly wasn't a budding author and he said the book itself is cringe worthy. 

I've never read it but not really had the desire as I've always got the impression it's not a very good read.

Inside the Third Reich by Albert Speer is the one you should try, if you've not already. A brilliant insightful read, the best I've ever read on the subject /WW2.

• Upvote 1

Had a look at it years ago. Rambling and all a bit arid, even by political philosophy standards. He starts going on about 'bastard' races and, for anyone who thinks his anti-Semitism was just a spur of the moment war thing, his attitude towards Judaism and Jews is clearly stated. Lots of references to the betrayal of the Aryan peoples. Overall, mad shite that would only appeal to right wing male virgins.

I've never read it but not really had the desire as I've always got the impression it's not a very good read.

Inside the Third Reich by Albert Speer is the one you should try, if you've not already. A brilliant insightful read, the best I've ever read on the subject /WW2.

As a follow-up to that, try Gitta Sereny's Albert Speer: His Battle with the Truth.  

It should also be said that if I go to the library to borrow or reserve it, it will be on Sunday as that's usually the day I take my girls there for a little arts and crafts session they love to do. Not only will the librarian judge me but I'll also get home with them saying "Look, Mummy, we made fuzzy owls and Daddy got Hitler's autobiography."

Awesome!

Anyway, is it possible to goose-step in cargo pants?

Has anyone on here read it?

Let's be clear, I'm not a nazi and I don't want this thread invaded by the usual suspects (I mean the political debaters on here, not the Germans). It's just that I'm getting more and more intrigued by WW2 as I get older. I can't get enough of it and was wondering whether or not it's worth a read.

Does it shed any more light on Hitler's life and thinking than the hundreds of documentaries that have been made about him? Is it a boring read? Were you glad you read it? Sickened by it? All that kind of shit.

I need the GF to decide for me. Should I read it or give it a swerve?

FFS, not this again.

Hitler has gone. Get over it.

• Upvote 2

Really not sure on believing a word Speer said to be honest. He gets off without the same shit as the other Nazi's but i really dont but his 'we were wrong/betrayed,shit.

"I tried to kill Hitler"

You mean you had a quick idea but never even attempted to carry it out.

I dont buy it at all.

The war crimes drama that was done a while back was pretty good.

af64565acdead05d1073985d91e7e6cb.jpg

As was Brian Cox performance of Hermann Göring in Nuremberg