You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Acting Performances You Can't Accept

Vincent Vega

Sky keep pushing House on their boxsets channel at the moment, but though I've never watched a second of it, I cannot take to it at all. I refuse to accept Hugh Laurie talk with a false American accent.

This guy was Prince George in Blackadder 3 and Lieutenant George in Blackadder 4, one of the greatest comedy acting performances of all time.

• Upvote 2

Agreed 100%.  I sometimes feel I'm missing out, but I just can't get past it.

It's awful, but the two performances below are actually offensive:

Juliette Lewis The Other Sister:

Sean Penn I Am Sam:

Liam McIntyre in Spartacus. Fucking ruined the whole thing. That show was perfectly cast and Andy Whitfield was superb as Spartacus until he developed non Hodgkins lymphoma and sadly passed away. The role was given to McIntyre who seemed hell bent on giving the most wooden delivery of each line humanly possible in every scene. Not only that but he mumbled everything as to appear almost indecipherable and had the stock amount of facial expressions as a ventriloquist dummy.

I can't think of any other performance as singularly irritating as that one. His presence was the acting equivalent of someone coming into your house on Christmas day and taking a shit on top of your christmas turkey.... foul, odious, brazen, unacceptable.

Poor shout. He was alright in that. If you forgot he was in Eastenders. Which I never watched. You clearly did. Why?

I've never watched Eastenders, bar the odd clip, but I know shit acting when I see it. And Ross Kemp in Ultimate Force is shit acting.

You're awfully defensive of him. You aren't the bloke Rebekah Brooks found him in bed with when she kicked off and got arrested, are you?

I take it this isn't the same thing as worst acting, because Dev from Corrie has that locked down. It's hard to tell whether that fell into the so-bad-it's-good category, the so-bad-it's-utter-shite category or whether the actor and producers were taking the piss.

• Upvote 2

Sky keep pushing House on their boxsets channel at the moment, but though I've never watched a second of it, I cannot take to it at all. I refuse to accept Hugh Laurie talk with a false American accent.

This guy was Prince George in Blackadder 3 and Lieutenant George in Blackadder 4, one of the greatest comedy acting performances of all time.

I liked House and think Hugh Lawrie's accent is ok because its a very light American accent rather than say a southern US accent which are much more difficult than the northern ones.

Only found out recently that it was a modern,medical twist on Sherlock Holmes. House's best friend was a Doctor called Wilson,therefore House and Wilson substituted for Holmes and Watson. House was a drug addict and unsociable but brilliant Doctor and Wilson his foil.

Not saying they are not great,they obviously are but surely im not the only one disappointed in the dross they do these days. Its the same character every film. Angry grumpy for de niro and loyd shouty for Pacino.

There legends were made years ago but there talents are going to waste