You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He definitely was. Is? Unfortunately I think that has yet to be proven.

Do you think anyone would pay, say 40m for him at this time?

In a world where average players are getting 20m then yes.

I'd hate for us to sign a couple of really exciting full backs, a center back and a wooly back mammoth cunts in charge of this bollocks buy a destroyer for midfield arrrggggyyayahahahahaaggggggghhhhhhh can't take the transfer shite no mo' no mo' eeeeuaahghh get down !! cunt cunt FS cunting my Gees Sturridge to the breakdown eeeurrghhhaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!

tumblr_lnh67e0qJD1qb98uxo1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

Liverpool looked vulnerable defensively against Roma with Klopp unhappy about their organisation.

However, the boss is confident they will put things right ahead of the Premier League opener at Arsenal on August 14.

“We have to improve a lot but not because of this game,” he added.

“What you saw was an example of how you can’t defend - leaving spaces so big you could have cut grass in between.

“We were too wide, too deep and too far from each other so each pass they played was a chance.

“But we created six or seven chances of our own with really good football.

“It was a bad game but we know why we lost. There were tired legs and it was really hot.”

Those quotes make it sound like Klopp might have been a bit chastened by the team's defensive performances on this tour. It doesn't look like Matip is going to be fit for the start of the season either, what happened to Lloyd Jones and Jordan Williams? Are either of them good enough to fill in if necessary?

Full back cover should have been a top priority in this window, especially as we've let Smith and Flanagan go. If Clyne gets a serious injury we could end up with Randall and Moreno at full back until January, that would probably destroy any chances we have of doing well this season.

Really surprised we haven't signed a striker, left back or holding mid. Players like Can will let him down at some stage, guaranteed, feels like we've just nibbled around the edges when what we needed was a spine transplant.

I think we're fine up front with Origi and Sturridge, especially if we're only playing one up front. Then there's Ings (who I think is a bit crap, but good for 4th choice) and Firmino who can play there too.

But yeah, top notch midfielder and decent left back seem like obvious ones. Wijnaldum just appears to be a similar sort of running about midfielder that we already have.

I think we're fine up front with Origi and Sturridge, especially if we're only playing one up front. Then there's Ings (who I think is a bit crap, but good for 4th choice) and Firmino who can play there too.

But yeah, top notch midfielder and decent left back seem like obvious ones. Wijnaldum just appears to be a similar sort of running about midfielder that we already have.

Wijnaldum is probably the most pointless signing by any team, ever.

Completely baffling from klopp that one.

Discussing our maddest signing ever with our current squad is like pushing against an open door.

We seem prepared to pay over the odds for players in positions we already have covered whilst refusing to go higher than our valuation when it comes to a position where we are weak.  That's the baffling thing for me.

• Upvote 2

The frustrating thing is that practically any of us no-marks on here could have drawn up the correct transfer strategy the day after Sevilla, without being paid millions per year or having UEFA coachng badges coming out of our kazoo.

Get a Goalie, Get a centre half, get a left back, gat a DM, get a couple of wide men.

Once these are sourced then see how much money is left for frills.

The frustrating thing is that practically any of us no-marks on here could have drawn up the correct transfer strategy the day after Sevilla, without being paid millions per year or having UEFA coachng badges coming out of our kazoo.

Get a Goalie, Get a centre half, get a left back, get a couple of wide men.

Once these are sourced then see how much money is left for frills.

You missed a controlling CM to play alongside Can.

• Upvote 1

Premier League giants are on red alert after Julian Draxler announced he intends to leave VfL Wolfsburg.

Draxler, after an impressive Euros with Germany, has been linked with Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United this summer.

He told BILD this morning: "I want to leave the club, I had already alerted them after the European Championship semi-final against France."

Arsenal are regarded as favourites for Draxler's signing.

He left Schalke for VfL last summer for €34 million.