You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Songs with great outros

Boss

Been listening to the new Iggy Pop record a lot recently. It's got a track on it called Sunday which has a great outro.

It starts at 3.29. I love the three duelling guitar parts taking off into the a capella vocals and then the incredible orchestral strings at the end. 

What are some of your favourite musical outros?

• Upvote 1

Speaking of songs in "parts", I have always loved the second part of Rod Stewart's Killing of Georgie (though I know it's Don't Let Me Down):

I didn't know this video existed.  For such a moving eulogy and politically-conscious war-cry for the dispossessed gay liberation movement, you'd think he'd try to forgo the coke and vodka on this occasion.  But alas...

• Upvote 3

Out on the tiles - Led Zeppelin

Birds of Fire - The Mahavishnu Orchestra

Ordinary Pain - Stevie Wonder

Stand - Sly & the Family Stone

The funky drummer - James Brown

Space Truckin' - Deep Purple

Snowblind - Black Sabbath

Master of eyes - Aretha Franklin

• Upvote 1

Out on the tiles - Led Zeppelin Birds of Fire - The Mahavishnu Orchestra Ordinary Pain - Stevie Wonder Stand - Sly & the Family Stone The funky drummer - James Brown Space Truckin' - Deep Purple Snowblind - Black Sabbath Master of eyes - Aretha Franklin

there speaks a connoisseur.

Another time another place - Bryan Ferry

If there is something -Roxy Music

the Bewlay Brothers - Bowie

John Finns wife - Nick Cave

Paranoid android - Radiohead

Bake me pie I'm starving for me gravy!

Out on the tiles - Led Zeppelin

Birds of Fire - The Mahavishnu Orchestra

Ordinary Pain - Stevie Wonder

Stand - Sly & the Family Stone

The funky drummer - James Brown

Space Truckin' - Deep Purple

Snowblind - Black Sabbath

Master of eyes - Aretha Franklin

I've come in to fix this so it's actually readable, fucking Tapatalk does my head in.

I was thinking about this on the train this morning & Stevie Wonder has loads of great outros on his 70s LPs, He's mistra know it all, Ordinary Pain, I believe when I fall in love, that one he done with The Jackson 5.

Another one is Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith.

• Upvote 1

Kid Charlemagne by Steely Dan. Sounds like Larry Carlton is ready to go absolutely off on one as it fades out

Brilliant shout that, I'm out of rep, sorry.

Another one off that LP is the song, The Royal Scam, Fagan is playing a mental piano chord every few bars as it fades out & it sounds ominous as fuck.