You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

At the very least, a world class footballer is surely one who would not look out of place in a world's best XI. Which, by definition, means there must be at least eleven of them.

But realistically, there are way more than eleven. I mean, you would have more than eleven just by counting the world class players plying their trade in Madrid and Barcelona.

• Upvote 1

Dele Ali is a good player, very good in fact. But not world class. Not for me. He could go on to be that, but at present he's not there. I'd say the same about Harry Kane. Very good indeed, but I want to see a bit more from both of them before I could say world class.

Dele Ali is a good player, very good in fact. But not world class. Not for me. He could go on to be that, but at present he's not there. I'd say the same about Harry Kane. Very good indeed, but I want to see a bit more from both of them before I could say world class.

Aye.

I've been fortunate enough ( or spoilt ) to watch British players from Everton and Liverpool over the years who were probably the best player in the world in their position.

Atletico just announced that Griezmann has signed a contract extension, complete with a quote about how happy he is being a part of the Atletico family and how it's the perfect place for him to continue to improve as a player.

I expect Ed Woodward to lash out in a frenzy of spending and end up with Perisic and maybe a new deal for Rooney.

Atletico just announced that Griezmann has signed a contract extension, complete with a quote about how happy he is being a part of the Atletico family and how it's the perfect place for him to continue to improve as a player.

I expect Ed Woodward to lash out in a frenzy of spending and end up with Perisic and maybe a new deal for Rooney.

cant find anything on their homepage 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Shitcoat in trouble with the Spanish prosecutors reference Tax Fraud. 

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has been accused of tax fraud by Spanish prosecutors investigating his time as Real Madrid's head coach.

He is accused of defrauding Spain of €3.3m (£2.9m; $3.6m) in taxes between 2011 and 2012, prosecutors say.

He has yet to comment on the accusation.

Other big names in football have been accused of tax fraud in Spain recently, including Barcelona star Lionel Messi, who was given a 21-month jail term.

I wonder what the clampdown on dubious tax practices will mean in the long run for Spanish football? Don't get me wrong, people should pay their taxes, but it has always been the case that high earners will try to find ways to shelter their money from the tax man, and once you start to do that then somewhere along the way it gets more and more complicated and tax avoidance becomes tax evasion.

The Spanish authorities are clearly no respecter of 'name' given Messi and Ronaldo and now Mourinho have all been embroiled in this.

I'm just wondering what, if any, the longer term ramifications might be. Will it weaken the Spanish League? Will we see any sort of exodus of top players?