You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

Maybe , maybe not. Lukaku on his day is a great player, he just failed to do it consistently at Everton, With better players around him and a real chance to win stuff he might step up,

I take some comfort that they have had to take a chance on him at silly money rather than get Morata who would have been much more of a nailed on success , Utd finding out that they don't have the pulling power they once had. A reality we have had to deal with for many years

I don't think Lukaku is 'great' by any stretch of the imagination,but he is very useful in a lop sided league full of very ordinary teams and defenders. It's hard to imagine he won't bag a few at United but what fun for their fans to watch a team with both Fellaini and Lukaku in it. If any blue tries to tell me they aren't United's feeder team I will piss myself laughing.

• Upvote 2

The thing is, they're trying to replace Zlatan with Lukaku, and paying £75m+ for the privilege.

To my mind, Zlatan is the ultimate flat-track bully. So replacing him with another (not as good) bully means they're already at a disadvantage.

Running to stand still.

They're the top spenders in this window already, and I only know they've signed Lukaku. Who else have they got?

The thing is, they're trying to replace Zlatan with Lukaku, and paying £75m+ for the privilege.

To my mind, Zlatan is the ultimate flat-track bully. So replacing him with another (not as good) bully means they're already at a disadvantage.

Running to stand still.

They're the top spenders in this window already, and I only know they've signed Lukaku. Who else have they got?

Centre back from Benfica.

I don't think Lukaku is 'great' by any stretch of the imagination,but he is very useful in a lop sided league full of very ordinary teams and defenders. It's hard to imagine he won't bag a few at United but what fun for their fans to watch a team with both Fellaini and Lukaku in it. If any blue tries to tell me they aren't United's feeder team I will piss myself laughing.

I have seen Lukaku play some great games for Everton, Churlish to argue otherwise but he will be warming the bench if he doesnt hit the ground running at Utd. Something he might not react well to , Big fish small pond syndrome at Woodison, 

• Upvote 1

I have seen Lukaku play some great games for Everton, Churlish to argue otherwise but he will be warming the bench if he doesnt hit the ground running at Utd. Something he might not react well to , Big fish small pond syndrome at Woodison,

Ive also seen him put in the back pocket by Ragnar Klavan,so the wind blows both ways. Both our examples throw up doubts about his consistency and add the fact that he has sometimes been kept out of the national team by a striker who can't make our first team makes me wobble my head at anybody paying £75 for him.

• Upvote 2

It makes sense to discuss Lukakus overall contribution and how much he will improve their team compared to Ibrahimovic.

But to label a 24 year old who's scored 85 PL goals and 20 senior International goals 'shit' doesn't make people take you seriously.

Who said he was shit? Inconsistent? Probably,worth £75m? Probably not,but maybe in the grand scheme of things.

Ive also seen him put in the back pocket by Ragnar Klavan,so the wind blows both ways. Both our examples throw up doubts about his consistency and add the fact that he has sometimes been kept out of the national team by a striker who can't make our first team makes me wobble my head at anybody paying £75 for him.

He's gone missing in big games for Everton  That's the issue and the risk Utd have taken,

75 mill will be considered cheap if they get 20+ goals out of him next season  

They'll be a lot better next season, no doubt about that. There's nothing we can do about that.

The onus is on us to improve. With Mignolet, Milner, Lovren and Lallana starting regulary in key positions. Improving really shouldnt be that hard.

You say the same thing every summer. I swear you're a fucking manc.

Anyway, i say the same thing every summer too. Fuck them. They are done. Don't worry about them.

Lukaku is shit. He will score goals but he's easily stopped and he won't have the space to run in behind like he did for Everton. Teams will sit deeper and his touch is shit. Him and Pogba will spend more time creating a shitter celebration than the Dab. 

As for Mourinho, he has never had to win a league with 6/7 teams all able to win games and fight for the title. Usually he sets up for a draw in the big games because he knows they will beat all the other smaller teams. Well now, there are 6 other teams, that's 36 points. He can't set up for a draw anymore. They will get rinsed and his glorified Stoke city/ WBA tactics will get shown up.

They won the Coca cola cup and Europe's B grade competition last year, beating Zorya, Rostov, Anderlect and Celta vigo. Let's get real here those teams are fucking shit and they still scraped through a couple of those ties. They are shite, they finished 6th and they have spent nearly 1 BILLION pounds IN 4 YEARS since purple nose retired. Of course they will win some cups but they have also finished 7th, 4th, 5th and 6th in those 4 years.

It's exactly the same as Liverpool. We won shit loads of titles, then when it stopped we threw money at it and the cup runs papered over the cracks. Football moves in cycles, no team stays at the top forever. United's cycle is over. 

They are buying bullshit players to either sell shirts and keep the business flowing or they are signing pure tabloid names. They monster is consuming itself....sit back and enjoy it. We've waited a long time for this.

• Upvote 8

You say the same thing every summer. I swear you're a fucking manc.

Anyway, i say the same thing every summer too. Fuck them. They are done. Don't worry about them.

Lukaku is shit. He will score goals but he's easily stopped and he won't have the space to run in behind like he did for Everton. Teams will sit deeper and his touch is shit. Him and Pogba will spend more time creating a shitter celebration than the Dab.

As for Mourinho, he has never had to win a league with 6/7 teams all able to win games and fight for the title. Usually he sets up for a draw in the big games because he knows they will beat all the other smaller teams. Well now, there are 6 other teams, that's 36 points. He can't set up for a draw anymore. They will get rinsed and his glorified Stoke city/ WBA tactics will get shown up.

They won the Coca cola cup and Europe's B grade competition last year, beating Zorya, Rostov, Anderlect and Celta vigo. Let's get real here those teams are fucking shit and they still scraped through a couple of those ties. They are shite, they finished 6th and they have spent nearly 1 BILLION pounds IN 4 YEARS since purple nose retired. Of course they will win some cups but they have also finished 7th, 4th, 5th and 6th in those 4 years.

It's exactly the same as Liverpool. We won shit loads of titles, then when it stopped we threw money at it and the cup runs papered over the cracks. Football moves in cycles, no team stays at the top forever. United's cycle is over.

They are buying bullshit players to either sell shirts and keep the business flowing or they are signing pure tabloid names. They monster is consuming itself....sit back and enjoy it. We've waited a long time for this.

Mourinho is a disciple of the great Bela Guttman(not in style of play) but he seems to conform to his saying which roughly says 'the third season is hell.' It would also be nice if he put a 100 year curse on Utd winning a European trophy for not getting significant pay rise but I dont think he has that kind of sway with the man upstairs.

Who said he was shit? Inconsistent? Probably,worth £75m? Probably not,but maybe in the grand scheme of things.

I dunno... I'd call his contribution outside the box to be 'shit', definitely.    He's a goal-scorer, but not exactly the most industrious, consistent, or learned how to bully a defender yet.

He hasn't got Zlatan's ability on the ball, but should still be able to hit 20 for them.   So, I'm absolutely laughing at the price tag, as I'd expect some world class, game-breaking talent for 75m.  

That said? Prices are mental now, so maybe they don't care that he's 'average' if he can hit those 20.  

Now they've got Lukaku in, I wonder if they'd be willing to sell Martial.

There are rumours out there that they are willing to include Martial in the Perisic deal.

Can't even express how great that would be to see. Trade one of the best young forwards in the game for the new (well, 29 years old, but new to them) Ashley Young. Plus probably add 10 or 15 million on top.

Please let it happen!

• Upvote 2

There are rumours out there that they are willing to include Martial in the Perisic deal.

Can't even express how great that would be to see. Trade one of the best young forwards in the game for the new (well, 29 years old, but new to them) Ashley Young. Plus probably add 10 or 15 million on top.

Please let it happen!

Are they after Ivan Perisic? I thought he was still at Wolfsburg but it seems he moved to Inter. Has long spells without goals and is more of a second striker,which might suit Lukaku.

Hope they do re-sign zlatan, his ego will want to play every game and I can't see them playing him and lukaku up top meaning one will have to be dropped, which after spending 75m seems insane, or one will be forced to play in an unfamiliar way. I'm getting visions of lukaku on the wing, losing confidence before mourinho throws him under the bus. That or zlatan kicking off. Either way it will be a car crash.

Surely they aren't that stupid?

• Upvote 1