You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

Obviously there would be calls for one of the best managers about in Mourinho when we had a fucking idiot like Rodgers.

Ive not seen anyone say they wanted him since we got Klopp.

Besides Mourinho doing his shit here and winning titles would be loved.

Not actually true, but carry on.

Guest Alex_K

Mourinho doing his thing here would not have been loved. His brand of toxic aggression is self-aggrandising and insecure. It fits perfectly with the Mancunian breed of success. Ours was different.

Obviously there would be calls for one of the best managers about in Mourinho when we had a fucking idiot like Rodgers.

Ive not seen anyone say they wanted him since we got Klopp.

Besides Mourinho doing his shit here and winning titles would be loved. Just like Suarez would be a diving cheating racist cunt if utd signed him from Ajax.

Not by me. I'd rather have Alex Ferguson managing us than him.

Have to laugh at the suggestion that many on here would have taken the moral high ground as opposed to seeing the positives if Mourinho had ever arrived here.

Not taking any moral high ground, merely expressing my opinion. I didn't, don't, and won't ever want him here, no matter what the potential positives may be.

Not by me. I'd rather have Alex Ferguson managing us than him.

Not taking any moral high ground, merely expressing my opinion. I didn't, don't, and won't ever want him here, no matter what the potential positives may be.

Even in 2004 when he was first linked? (Though for me we chose the right man that time)

Even in 2004 when he was first linked? (Though for me we chose the right man that time)

As I said, when he was first linked and before he went to Chelsea, then yes I probably would. He'd just won the European Cup with Porto, and no one really knew much about him and his character.

As you say, for all his faults, we definitely made the right choice taking Benitez.

Look, this is going to be an anathema to many people in here but I sincerely wouldn't take Mourinho here even if it guaranteed us the league.

We are Liverpool, and in my eyes that means a certain standard of behaviour and attitude from our players and our managers.

That might be harking back to an age long gone, but it's an age and an adage I still want my club to aspire to.

It's a standard that Mourinho falls way short of.

• Upvote 4

If Mourinho had ever taken over here we wouldn't have won a thing because we have never had an unlimited budget. His 'thing' isn't just winning trophies, as if he could just do that anywhere, it's taking over at clubs where it's almost guaranteed and spending a lot of money on top of that. He's spent an obscene amount of money there and is already putting out his PR that he's not happy.

It's aright saying you would or wouldn't take him if it guaranteed a league title but it's complete nonsense. We wouldn't be anywhere near the league with him in charge. He'd probably near enough bankrupt the club as well if they let him get his way (without actually signing any of the level of player he usually gets).

If Mourinho had ever taken over here we wouldn't have won a thing because we have never had an unlimited budget. His 'thing' isn't just winning trophies, as if he could just do that anywhere, it's taking over at clubs where it's almost guaranteed and spending a lot of money on top of that. He's spent an obscene amount of money there and is already putting out his PR that he's not happy.

It's aright saying you would or wouldn't take him if it guaranteed a league title but it's complete nonsense. We wouldn't be anywhere near the league with him in charge. He'd probably near enough bankrupt the club as well if they let him get his way (without actually signing any of the level of player he usually gets).

Sounds like what we got anyway... to be fair... 

My nephew has just shown me the reaction of the people on Red Cafe to Klopp's answer to Mourhinio's crap about Liverpool.

Apparently he's having a breakdown because of the other fella's genius. I know they're mostly children but for fucks sake.

What has cunt face said about Liverpool now?

Just more shite about us being really lucky to have no European games last season and apparently Klopp has bad teeth?

He also had a dig at Chelsea having no European games!  Now who's fault was that again?!  A bit of self reflection wouldn't go amiss, the stupid cunt. 

• Upvote 7

The soft twat is now moaning about transfer fees.  You couldn't make this shit up.  The way he would spend with such disregard at Chelsea, was the catalyst for crazy prices, IMO.  He would just outbid for players, just to stop other teams getting those players and would ruin their careers by doing so.  His current club have also spent £800m in four fucking years, the fucking tard.   My hatred for this cunt is off the charts.  

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has voiced his concern about the way clubs are "spending £30 million, £40 million, £50 million in such an easy way.''

The 54-year-old has splashed the cash since replacing Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford in May 2016, highlighted by the £89m and £75m captures of Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku, respectively.

But what Mourinho does not like is the excessive transfer fees that are currently being paid for players that do not fall into the world-class category.

"I always thought the problem is not what you pay for these kind of [top] players, I don't think the problem is what you pay for Pogba, I don't think the problem is going to pay crazy for Neymar,'' the Portuguese told several national newspapers.

"I think the problem is with the other group which is a big group because players like Pogba, there is one or two [big] transfers [like that] per transfer window. The other ones are where you have 100 transfers and for me that is the dangerous area of the market.

Getty

"Some clubs are paying or they don't buy because they don't accept the numbers that are now ruling the market, or to do it they have to go the same levels and for me that's what worries me a little bit because now we speak about £30 million, £40 million, £50 million in such an easy way.''

While the likes of United, Manchester City, Everton and Chelsea have all spent big money this summer, Tottenham have yet to dip into the market.

They lost Kyle Walker to City in a £50m deal but have so far managed to keep their other best players at the club, even thwarting Mourinho's reported pursuit of England international Eric Dier.

"Everybody speaks about the dimension of the investment at Man City, but there is another team that I feel the dimension of their investment is also phenomenal -- Tottenham,'' Mourinho said.

"I think until now they spent zero pounds, right? For me the dimension of their investment is amazing. They keep everybody they want to keep. They keep Dele Alli, Harry Kane and Toby Alderweireld, they keep Eric Dier, they keep everyone they want to keep.''