You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Awful player, he does none of the simple basics at all, he looks like an outfield player who's been asked to go in goal and is a mix of baffled and scared. Absolute priority position this.

He caught or punched absolutely every single cross that came his way last night. Surely that's a simple basic?

• Upvote 1

I think we are over critical of our players and I include myself in that. Does no one think its because we have a relatively small group of players that we are where we are. We could have shitloads of very good players competing for places not getting game time and causing disruption in the ranks.

Karius has improved since he became first choice. It is a question of can he reduce the errors leading to goals. Anyone remember who Real Madrids keeper has been in their last 2 CL finals and who should be in goal for them in Kiev. Kaylor Navas. The Bayern keeper cost his side their chance in the final. We put 7 past Allison.

People think when we get all these better squad players we should be able to challenge on 4 fronts. Nope it will just dilute the effort and we will still have to prioritise our major targets for the season.

• Upvote 2

I think we are over critical of our players and I include myself in that. Does no one think its because we have a relatively small group of players that we are where we are. We could have shitloads of very good players competing for places not getting game time and causing disruption in the ranks.

Karius has improved since he became first choice. It is a question of can he reduce the errors leading to goals. Anyone remember who Real Madrids keeper has been in their last 2 CL finals and who should be in goal for them in Kiev. Kaylor Navas. The Bayern keeper cost his side their chance in the final. We put 7 past Allison.

People think when we get all these better squad players we should be able to challenge on 4 fronts. Nope it will just dilute the effort and we will still have to prioritise our major targets for the season.

This isn't realistic, you need a huge squad to achieve long term success and a world class starting 11 with very able back ups.

• Upvote 1

He caught or punched absolutely every single cross that came his way last night. Surely that's a simple basic?

When there was nobody there. He headed an easy catch (??) and Palmed a save straight into the path of their goalscorer, goalie 101.

Also worth pointing out that we put 7 past one of the two most sought after alternatives over two games, with him barely making a save of note (as well as only really making one error) so as that’s the only football I’ve ever seen him play I’m not running to the bank to withdraw the £30-50m needed to get that lad.

Bang on for me, I didn’t see a significantly better keeper at the opposite end of the field over 180 minutes

Definitely not someone we should be rushing out to spunk £50m on

I’d have Karius as our No1 for next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't realistic, you need a huge squad to achieve long term success and a world class starting 11 with very able back ups.

Having a huge squad is not realistic. You are allowed 25 for the PL and a similar number maybe 21 for the CL. Even City with all their riches and Chelsea when they were splashing all the cash cannot compete on 4 front. It is very unlikely on 3 fronts and I do not need to remind people who did that once even if we got very close back in 77.

Red card all day long and would have missed the final had we made it

Didn’t the rule on GK red cards change. Outside the box a red, inside it’s a pen and only a red if deliberate foul play?

Yellow card.

That red would have sent him off though, obviously.

Bang on for me, I didn’t see a significantly better keeper at the opposite end of the field over 180 minutes

Definitely not someone we should be rushing out to spunk £50m on

I’d have Karius as our No1 for next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to think our scouts might watch a player for a bit longer than 180 minutes.

I’ve got to say goalkeepers with the exception of De Gea and Oblak are pretty shite, look at people like Lloris, Kelyar Navas, Ter Stegen And Donnaruma they make some absolutely horrific errors but all seemed good enough to play for their sides. Karius has improved, last night was madness. I’ll give him a pass.

I’d be surprised if we don’t stick with Karius as our first choice. He has improved a lot and there is more to come from him. Yes, there is an error or two there, but I would say that for almost all keepers. He comes for the ball and makes saves. He’s quick to distribute it and he’s not bad with his feet. He plays as a sweeper keeper and that’s why he headed that one last night. He was coming out and wasn’t sure if he would handle it inside or outside the box so he headed it.

Get a player to add to the front three, another midfielder to add to Keita coming and a partner for Van Dijk and we’re well on the way.

All keepers make mistakes.  All at Allison, wank over the two legs on plenty of the goals.  Karius did so much right that it's a huge step up from the weak meek cunt that did nothing right and let every second shot in.

I like him.