You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Ha. This is nonesense on so many levels. First off if you think Jurgen Klopp is accepting mediocrity at the club can I suggest you write and tell him. Second all players make mistakes and the objective is to lessen these which is often gained via experience. Third since when was Liverpool Football Club ever one to go out and sign these galactico players many now seem to want the club to buy. Fourth I do not know anyone who accepts mediocrity. This club has always been one to give players a chance to show their worth. Fifth if the manager finds better players for any position he will buy them.

1. People don't send letters anymore.  Lovren, Karius, Moreno, Solanke, Ings - are less than mediocre.

2. Great players make far fewer mistakes and inspire confidence.

3. I didn't mention galacticos - why is this argument used?  Why is it that the person defending shit players instantly thinks the person criticising wants to sign the best player ever and spend billions.  I want very good and great, not average/shit.  We have the money to achieve this.

4. Accepting Lovren and Karius and our bench is accepting mediocrity

5. We have enough money and don't need to blood prospects.  How can Solanke play for us? criminal. If he was a prodigy or clearly something special - like Trent at times, okay, but I would still prefer a more than able alternative to step in when the erratic performances inevitably kick in.

We have the chance to have an incredible season and fair play to all but upgrades must be made.

1. People don't send letters anymore.  Lovren, Karius, Moreno, Solanke, Ings - are less than mediocre.

2. Great players make far fewer mistakes and inspire confidence.

3. I didn't mention galacticos - why is this argument used?  Why is it that the person defending shit players instantly thinks the person criticising wants to sign the best player ever and spend billions.  I want very good and great, not average/shit.  We have the money to achieve this.

4. Accepting Lovren and Karius and our bench is accepting mediocrity

5. We have enough money and don't need to blood prospects.  How can Solanke play for us? criminal. If he was a prodigy or clearly something special - like Trent at times, okay, but I would still prefer a more than able alternative to step in when the erratic performances inevitably kick in.

We have the chance to have an incredible season and fair play to all but upgrades must be made.

Then send him an email or text. Jurgen Klopp does not do mediocrity.

Can't believe I've been negged for calling Karius shit. Burden of proof wise I'm the prosecution in the Fred West case with a bin in one hand and a woman's leg in the other.

All in a days work for Code, Mentalist is in love with Karius 

What are you rambling on about haircuts?

Objective analysis? What we need stats now to critique players? I said he's shit based on the fact he's a goalkeeper and isn't very good at stopping goals. My eyes and my ability to see he is in fact shit have also made me reach this conclusion.

I hate him partly for being shit but also for the abject nature of the shitness, half the time he doesn't even dive, just stands there with his mouth open.

This makes me think that your ability to see is shit.

Mignolet is shit.

Karius in his first spell was shit.

Karius now is far from shit.

Karius has entered the realms of competent since his becoming the number 1 keeper just a few short months ago. Klopp wants a keeper who comes off his line,has decent distribution and can kick it further than a 12 year old,check for Karius. He's also become very good on crosses,which is a rare thing for any goalkeeper in the modern game and even the best still struggle with this. Room for improvement? Absolutely a yes. His footwork still needs work and this is something a good goalkeeping coach should focus on in every session but its also something that has let us down with our previous keepers too.He also still has those rushes of blood to the head but those situations are inevitable due to how we play,improved communication is the key there. He has improved steadily but needs to continue and an experienced number 2 in the summer might help this situation. Its also impossible to not look at our goalkeepers over the past decade and not question the coaching of them too.

• Upvote 1

This makes me think that your ability to see is shit.

Mignolet is shit.

Karius in his first spell was shit.

Karius now is far from shit.

Karius is shit, just not as shit as he was. People's goalkeeping standards have fallen dramatically is all I can assume.

Karius is shit, just not as shit as he was. People's goalkeeping standards have fallen dramatically is all I can assume.

Must include Klopp's standards as well then.

He bought Karius, made him his number 1 and continues to play him.

Maybe Klopp needs new glasses or something.

This simply is not true. Quite ironic at a club that hasn't had a decent keeper since Reina's early days that fans can't recognise that we have got a potentially excellent one coming through.

De Gea is the best goalie in the league. Karius is at least as good as anyone else; better than almost all of them.

I don't think that anyone who isn't the absolute undisputed best must therefore be shit.

There isn't a single non Liverpool fan on the planet that thinks Karius is as good as Courtois, Ederson or Lloris. Even if all/some of them have had patchy form this season. Karius has had a few months of looking quite good. That is it.

He's lucky the bar (Mignolet) was so incredibly low to improve on.

If he can maintain his form he might just about be good enough.

There isn't a single non Liverpool fan on the planet that thinks Karius is as good as Courtois, Ederson or Lloris. Even if all/some of them have had patchy form this season. Karius has had a few months of looking quite good. That is it.

We paid around £4 million for Karius while the others you mention were signed for between £10 and £50 million. Despite this Karius has not looked any worse than Emerson.

Perhaps now the bar's been lowered, is there any chance we could narrow the gap between the goalposts?  Asking for a freund.

We paid around £4 million for Karius while the others you mention were signed for between £10 and £50 million. Despite this Karius has not looked any worse than Emerson.

What is the relevance of the price? We're not discussing value, just ability.

I couldn't possibly disagree any more re Emerson and Karius.