You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tories - convince me you're not evil

Gym Beglin

I'm asking you a question, why are you (and others) hurling abuse at me for that?

So far, all the examples you have cited are not of anyone "taking" money from anyone else, but of government reducing the amount of money it gives.

Do you have any examples of the government actively taking money from the poor, or will you continue to cite examples of them giving less?

How is a Government giving less Public money to the Public not an example of the Government taking money from people?

Why is it that under every Tory Government in history there have been strikes by Public sector workers over longer hours and less pay?

You can dress it up anyway that you like, but the Tories are using economic recession and austerity to inflict trickle down economics and their Ideology on a nation.

The role of Government is to guide Society and to look after it's most vulnerable. Not to actively make life more difficult.

A Government is there to stop the very worst excesses of the rich and to curb the 'fuck you I'm alright' attitude of it's citizens, not to actively encourage it.

Right Wing ideology is there purely to harness the very worst in human nature. Humans have always taken that which doesn't belong to them and seek to kick down and feel better about themsleves and to victim blame. The role of any Government is to stop this and re-educate people about the concept of 'Society'. It certainly isn't their role to insist that it's a good thing and promote the 'private' over 'public'.

It's people who make up society and the valuing of both concepts should be the primary role of education and Government.

Nobody who is rich has ever got there by not shitting on people, otherwise we would all be rich.

Right wing politics are those of least intelligence and most greed. Create a bogeyman, in this case, the poor and blame them for their own plight. It's about controlling the media and the means of production, about class subjugation and redistribution of public wealth to private cause.

That is the essence of Right Wing ideology. Why else would Duncan-Smith be wasting public money like confetti on bringing Court cases to make the lives of the public more difficult than they already are?

If Vodafone paid the Taxes they owe, that could fund the entire Welfare budget of this nation for a year. And next year. So why is it, as always that the Tories are squeezing the poor and vulnerable first and the rich last?

The answer is...because that is what they do. It's what they always do and always have done.

Quite why you feel the need to defend this is very telling. Telling in the sense that you are a Tory through and through.

The primary function of any Government is to protect it's most vulnerable, not enrich it's most powerful.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

The only good Tory is a fucking dead one. 

They should ALL be rounded up, to a man, and brutally fucking murdered, the disgusting fucking parasite cunts. 

Every one who voted for them too. 

I'd even chip in to make it happen. Someone should start a crowd fund to make it happen. I'd put a fucking grand in. 

Cunts. Kill them all. 

• Upvote 6

I'm asking you a question, why are you (and others) hurling abuse at me for that?

So far, all the examples you have cited are not of anyone "taking" money from anyone else, but of government reducing the amount of money it gives.

Do you have any examples of the government actively taking money from the poor, or will you continue to cite examples of them giving less?

No, you weren't trying to ask me a question, you were trying to make a little snide remark like you always do. You're exact words were "what have they taken from those in need" and i answered you. The answer should suffice. If you have issue with the answer, you're welcome to refute it. But stop trying to shift the goalposts by being deliberately obtuse.

• Upvote 1

There is no hypocrisy in defending oneself against unprovoked attacks. Just because a person lives their life with the mantra "do no harm" does not mean they should have to take unlimited shit off others. I feel I have had to point this out on more than a dozen occasions, and still some people don't get it.

You don't need to keep pointing it out. There's nothing for people to get. 

They simply don't agree with the idea that they are unprovoked. 

How is a Government giving less Public money to the Public not an example of the Government taking money from people?

Because taking something from someone usually involves taking it from them.

Government does take money from people, and we generally call that tax.

It is perverse doublespeak to describe the act of giving less as "taking".

I have no problem with people making an argument against the reduction of government largesse, but they ought to describe it in those terms.

Quite why you feel the need to defend this is very telling. Telling in the sense that you are a Tory through and through.

Can you point out where I defended anything? Of course not. You're a fiction merchant.

No, you weren't trying to ask me a question, you were trying to make a little snide remark like you always do. You're exact words were "what have they taken from those in need" and i answered you. The answer should suffice. If you have issue with the answer, you're welcome to refute it. But stop trying to shift the goalposts by being deliberately obtuse.

Any "snide remarks" are in your head. If I want to say something I'll come out and say it. I am being criticised in this very thread for doing just that in the past.

Yes, you answered me, and you still didn't demonstrate anything being taken.

Let me demonstrate the difference with this easy to follow example.

If I pick 100 apples a day, and you take 10 of them from me every day, then that is an act of taking.

If I pick 100 apples a day, and I give you 10 every day, that is an act of giving.

If I keep picking 100 apples a day, and I give you 10 a day for a month, but then I start giving you 7 a day, that is NOT an act of taking. It is still an act of giving, albeit at a reduced rate.

Now, if you want to argue that I would be wrong to reduce the generosity of my apple giving, then make that argument. But do not accuse me of taking anything from you when that is demonstrably untrue.

There is nothing obtuse about any of this. It is something a child could understand.

You don't need to keep pointing it out. There's nothing for people to get. 

They simply don't agree with the idea that they are unprovoked.

I'm fully aware that you think people should be subjected to bullying abuse merely for expressing reasonable but locally unpopular opinions.

Respectfully, I disagree.

• Downvote 1

Any "snide remarks" are in your head. If I want to say something I'll come out and say it. I am being criticised in this very thread for doing just that in the past.

Yes, you answered me, and you still didn't demonstrate anything being taken.

Let me demonstrate the difference with this easy to follow example.

If I pick 100 apples a day, and you take 10 of them from me every day, then that is an act of taking.

If I pick 100 apples a day, and I give you 10 every day, that is an act of giving.

If I keep picking 100 apples a day, and I give you 10 a day for a month, but then I start giving you 7 a day, that is NOT an act of taking. It is still an act of giving, albeit at a reduced rate.

Now, if you want to argue that I would be wrong to reduce the generosity of my apple giving, then make that argument. But do not accuse me of taking anything from you when that is demonstrably untrue.

There is nothing obtuse about any of this. It is something a child could understand.

Did that person shit those apples out of his arse? No, he extracted the Earth's natural resources from soil which belongs to every being on this planet.

Well, this thread has turned into AIDS.

The usual suspects instigating it. The bottom line is that the government are making life extremely difficult for people who are ill, disabled, incapable of working, who have the temerity to have a sec in bedroom etc and if you don't want to discuss the real issues and instead drag the discussion down to one of petty semantics of whether the government is taking off people or not giving as much, proper trivial, unimportant shite, then you can't really complain when people call you out for being a bit of a gobshite.

• Upvote 2

Can you point out where I defended anything? Of course not. You're a fiction merchant.

Oh, I dunno Stronts, maybe it's because here you are defending Government policy on a

'Tories - convince me you're not evil'

thread.

You know, just small things like that.

As for the rest of your post. The usual smoke and mirrors Horseshit from a second rate politician who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

As for your laughable assertion that you are somehow 'bullied' because of 'unpopular' opinions. ..you get all you deserve because of your hectoring tone, your stamping of feet when someone disagrees with you, your insistence on calling people 'freedom haters', your resorting to insulting peoples intelligence, your Narcissistic attitude, your calling people Facists and most of all the fact that you are a snide, petulant, spiteful child.

But it's all unprovoked, nothing you ever do or say is designed to get a reaction. Oh no. Always the victim. 'Justice would happen'. Isn't that what you said to AoT when he once disagreed with you and showed you up?

Feel free to link this up to my employer to try and get me the sack like.

• Downvote 1

The usual suspects instigating it. The bottom line is that the government are making life extremely difficult for people who are ill, disabled, incapable of working, who have the temerity to have a sec in bedroom etc and if you don't want to discuss the real issues and instead drag the discussion down to one of petty semantics of whether the government is taking off people or not giving as much, proper trivial, unimportant shite, then you can't really complain when people call you out for being a bit of a gobshite.

Oh come on, it was designed to start a row or be a laugh certainly wasn't political discourse. Have a look back at some of the things said and tell me it's rational. Some of the 'out lefting' is outrageously funny - or scary depending on your point of view.

I'm assuming Tom R is joking, after all isn't he an advertising executive?

Stronts, you need to seek help for your dissociative identity disorder.

Whilst I agree somewhat with this (as I wonder if SD may be mentally ill even if just on a minor scale) unfortunately he may not be in a position to get the help required due to the massive cuts in mental health funding.

Seriously SD good luck with that. I'm not talking the piss now, but you seem to either get your kicks to a ridiculous degree from winding people up, or you have an exceptionally fragile ego. Either way that can't be good for you.

It's not petty semantics though, is it?

Why can't you express your argument in the very terms you just used instead of using inaccurate language?

This inability to even get basic terminology correct is exactly the reason this government isn't being held to account. So it's not gobshitery to point out that the language of Toytown Trots is unhelpful, it has a direct effect for those of us who oppose these things - as in really, actually oppose, rather than seeing who can out-Trot each other on a football forum.

Whilst I agree somewhat with this (as I wonder if SD may be mentally ill even if just on a minor scale) unfortunately he may not be in a position to get the help required due to the massive cuts in mental health funding.

Seriously SD good luck with that. I'm not talking the piss now, but you seem to either get your kicks to a ridiculous degree from winding people up, or you have an exceptionally fragile ego. Either way that can't be good for you.

It's not fucking winding anyone up. You cartoon fucking Trots express things in such ludicrous, easily disprovable terms that the government is just laughing outright at you. No wonder they are able to dismantle literally everything that has been built by progressive elements over the last two centuries.

It's not petty semantics though, is it?

Why can't you express your argument in the very terms you just used instead of using inaccurate language?

This inability to even get basic terminology correct is exactly the reason this government isn't being held to account. So it's not gobshitery to point out that the language of Toytown Trots is unhelpful, it has a direct effect for those of us who oppose these things - as in really, actually oppose, rather than seeing who can out-Trot each other on a football forum.

Turn it in.

It's the internet. People type stuff like "take" instead of "providing £30 less per month than they previously did" for brevity etc.

It's still making the same point. And people understand what it means. And it still has the same detrimental effects for the people subject to such policies. That's the important issue.

So, yes. It is gobshitery and petty semantics. Entirely.