You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All out on 77 minutes

kop77

I drove a five hour round trip to walk out on 77 and I'd do it again. Solidarity means more than geography.

you probably grew up going to games every week. I grew up watching on telly and planning one trip a season. thousands there today would have been at their one game a season planned from months back and people are saying shame on them for not walking out?

as I said its not black and white and the problem is going to be how do you protest against extortionate ticket prices and the outpricing of going to football every week without making it local fans v overseas fans?

They won#t give a shit mate, not whilst the dollars keep coming in. 

I've always thought that when the new stand is finished (or at least this summer) they'll be looking to sell part of the club at least and get a return on their investment. This sort of stuff damages them a lot. 

Once the fans get behind something like this (and there were between 10 and 15 thousand today) it can only snowball. 

At some point you have to stop bending over and say enough is enough. Today we did that, the smart move would be to meet fans hallway which would cost them £1m. Considering the shit they've bought and the pay offs they've made, I would think for some good PR this would be incredible cheap. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I've always thought that when the new stand is finished (or at least this summer) they'll be looking to sell part of the club at least and get a return on their investment. This sort of stuff damages them a lot. 

Once the fans get behind something like this (and there were between 10 and 15 thousand today) it can only snowball. 

At some point you have to stop bending over and say enough is enough. Today we did that, the smart move would be to meet fans hallway which would cost them £1m. Considering the shit they've bought and the pay offs they've made, I would think for some good PR this would be incredible cheap. 

I agree with that.

I still don't think FSG will give a shit as stuff like today just won't happen on a regular basis. A real call would be to walk out of Wembley after 1 minute, the whole lot, won't happen though. 

Season tickets will be renewed and normal ticket sales will be sold out no matter what. 

Bad PR may affect them, but imo they are looking to cash in once the new stand is in place and they are pinning their hopes on Klopp getting the club buzzing again, a cup win might just prove to be more worth for those cunts than the club. Sad, but probably true. 

you probably grew up going to games every week. I grew up watching on telly and planning one trip a season. thousands there today would have been at their one game a season planned from months back and people are saying shame on them for not walking out?

as I said its not black and white and the problem is going to be how do you protest against extortionate ticket prices and the outpricing of going to football every week without making it local fans v overseas fans?

No, I grew up in South Wales. I wasn't able to go to my first game until I was 13. I didn't get to go to my second game until I was 19. I have never lived in Liverpool, the closest I've lived is Nantwich in Cheshire. I now live in Mansfield, it's a 250 mile round trip for every home game I go to. I can guarantee you this, and it doesn't make me better and it isn't a boast, but I'd still walk out no matter what my circumstances were. Local, OOT, overseas - everyone should feel solidarity with those affected the most.

• Upvote 20

Guest Pistonbroke

No, I grew up in South Wales. I wasn't able to go to my first game until I was 13. I didn't get to go to my second game until I was 19. I have never lived in Liverpool, the closest I've lived is Nantwich in Cheshire. I now live in Mansfield, it's a 250 mile round trip for every home game I go to. I can guarantee you this, and it doesn't make me better and it isn't a boast, but I'd still walk out no matter what my circumstances were. Local, OOT, overseas - everyone should feel solidarity with those affected the most.

Well said. Out of rep I'm afraid. 

a cup win might just prove to be more worth for those cunts than the club. Sad, but probably true. 

Didn't seem that valuable for Kenny. 

The jackpot for them at least would be Champions League football as it guarantees so much money and of course those extra corporate seats will soon pay dividends. In any case, disgruntled fans and the publicity that it has generated will only scare away potential buyers. 

They made a fucking salesman CEO though and still fans didn't get it. In the short term giving something back to the loyal fans will win them great PR and mean they can continue to bring their potential buyers to the games. 

So it was pure coincidence that we went from a comfortable win to a draw in the ten minutes following loads of people leaving?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Haha!

We're currently 9th in the league with a minus goal difference. We're one of, if not the lowest scoring Liverpool side in history. By the time Firmino scored today it was our first goal in 250 odd minutes of football. We can't defend. Our defensive record is shit. Our goalkeeper is getting worse by the week. Of the last 26 goals we've conceded, 21 of them have come from the opponents first shot on target in the game.

Sunderland had 2 shots on target today and scored 2 goals.

And you're blaming the fans for a shit result?!

Give your head a fucking wobble.

• Upvote 9

Guest Pistonbroke

Didn't seem that valuable for Kenny. 

The jackpot for them at least would be Champions League football as it guarantees so much money and of course those extra corporate seats will soon pay dividends. In any case, disgruntled fans and the publicity that it has generated will only scare away potential buyers. 

They made a fucking salesman CEO though and still fans didn't get it. In the short term giving something back to the loyal fans will win them great PR and mean they can continue to bring their potential buyers to the games. 

They have put a new manager in place, a lot of fans will give them grace until after the summer transfer window and then probably until November earliest to see how things pan out. That gives them probably enough time to make a killing when they sell on, which IMO is their aim. 

They have put a new manager in place, a lot of fans will give them grace until after the summer transfer window and then probably until November earliest to see how things pan out. That gives them probably enough time to make a killing when they sell on, which IMO is their aim. 

I agree, although I do think they will want to retain some part of the club as it's a cash cow for them. They made a salesman CEO, he will undoubtedly stay until we are fully or part sold. Any sensible owners would immediately employ a decent footballing CEO.

We should not underestimate the damage that protesting fans does to scare off potential buyers though. 

you always struck me as a season ticket holder and a scouser for that matter.

im not sure I ll ever agree with paying money in and then walking out. 25% of fans today gave up 25% of their hard earned money to walk out today but like the protests against mike ashley at newcastle, there has to be a better way to protest than wasting our own money. you can sayits not about money but thats exactly what its about. we re paying too much money to see our teams fail repeatedly and everybody except us getting rich out of it.

im for fairer ticket prices for everyone but I expect better than a walking out protest because 75% of people stayed im the ground today. We re not any club, we dont sing who are ya, somebody organised a cyber campaign against rbs to warn them not to refinance our previous owners. thats the difference between us and newcastle. they talk, we do but we do differently.

Guest Pistonbroke

Half decent mention of it on MOTD, Shearer spoke up for supporters saying ticket prices should be lowered due to the TV deal and Lineker saying he agreed, fair play!

Shearer was good, Lineker only agreed after having a laugh and asking if the fans leaving had an affect on the result, he's an utter bell end. Shearer was the one who said the fans leaving had no affect on the result and it was down to being shit at defending. 

i

m not sure I ll ever agree with paying money in and then walking out. 25% of fans today gave up 25% of their hard earned money to walk out today but like the protests against mike ashley at newcastle, there has to be a better way to protest than wasting our own money. you can sayits not about money but thats exactly what its about. we re paying too much money to see our teams fail repeatedly and everybody except us getting rich out of it.

im for fairer ticket prices for everyone but I expect better than a walking out protest because 75% of people stayed im the ground today. We re not any club, we dont sing who are ya, somebody organised a cyber campaign against rbs to warn them not to refinance our previous owners. thats the difference between us and newcastle. they talk, we do but we do differently.

yep that bit right there says it all  never makes sense paying the money then walking the fuck out ....just like the moronic twats calling for klopp to be sacked etc etc 

im pretty sure FSG didnt give a fuck about people walking out AFTER paying to get in 

im not sure I ll ever agree with paying money in and then walking out. 25% of fans today gave up 25% of their hard earned money to walk out today but like the protests against mike ashley at newcastle, there has to be a better way to protest than wasting our own money. you can sayits not about money but thats exactly what its about. we re paying too much money to see our teams fail repeatedly and everybody except us getting rich out of it.

I go to nearly every home game because I've built up the credits on my fancard.

There is no better way. If we don't go then some jabroni who doesn't give a fuck about the prices will just go in instead and where does that leave us? Walking out is a visible protest that can't be ignored and I don't consider it wasting my money when the club are looking to pilfer more if they get away with the price rise.

And I've got bad news for you, lots of our fans sing "who are ya" all the time and I'll leave people to draw their own conclusions about why they do it.

On matters like this you don't need to agree 100% with the method as long as you agree 100% with the message. If you don't then there's not much more to say.

• Upvote 1

i

yep that bit right there says it all  never makes sense paying the money then walking the fuck out ....just like the moronic twats calling for klopp to be sacked etc etc 

im pretty sure FSG didnt give a fuck about people walking out AFTER paying to get in 

Did you go and did you stay or walk out?

Today was a powerful demonstration that I was very proud to support and take part in but on the walk away from the ground it did occur to me that actions like this are not sustainable for us a loyal match going fans and it doesn't hurt the Owners financially.

I think a development on this is a total boycott of any/all snacks, drinks, programmes, merchandise etc inside and outside the Stadium on match days (basically anything with an Official Club stamp on it).  

If we can somehow get the masses to buy into this idea that will really start to hurt them and maybe hopefully have them start to re-think their current values when it comes to us as supporters.

• Upvote 1