You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

We just need to get rid of the last shite signed under Rodgers and the committee. If we get another centre back, striker and a keeper we will stop drawing these frustrating games.

A right back as well and we are in business.

Assuming TAA's future is in midfield

Yeah,Gomez is struggling there. Even if TAA's future is in midfield I would still play him at right back. He's young enough to stake a claim in another position or two. Is he any good in goal?

Was he? He was utterly awful at judging balls floating over his head (makes it very tricky to be a central defender, that he supposedly is -- perhaps he needs his eyes checked out, something might not be right with his depth perception? I don't know) -- but a complete terrier on the ground. He didn't win every dual against Sane but he handled him at least as well as anyone I've seen, I thought.

We just need to get rid of the last shite signed under Rodgers and the committee. If we get another centre back, striker and a keeper we will stop drawing these frustrating games.

I have news for you, the committee is still running the targets list. Klopp has some input and has veto power, supposedly -- but he's not out there running his own scouting network. 

The difference being Klopp is working and helping the new players to find their place. Exhibit A: Compare Lallana under Brendan and under Klopp. 

Yeah,Gomez is struggling there. Even if TAA's future is in midfield I would still play him at right back. He's young enough to stake a claim in another position or two. Is he any good in goal?

It would be hard to imagine him being any worse than the clowns we have in there...but today is not the day to worry about that (don't get me wrong it needs sorting big time) but for now it's...

https://media.giphy.com/media/RNy6VoPjONd3q/giphy.gif

I have news for you, the committee is still running the targets list. Klopp has some input and has veto power, supposedly -- but he's not out there running his own scouting network. 

The difference being Klopp is working and helping the new players to find their place. Exhibit A: Compare Lallana under Brendan and under Klopp. 

In one. Also, Klopp is used to working in a committee, whilst Rodgers' ego couldn't accept that he wasn't given full control. 

Nothing new in that. When Klopp came he said he was happy to work with the structure in place. It was the committee or sports analystics who said we should sign Salah but Jurgen was not fully sure. They convinced him to sign him. There is nothing wrong in the committee if the signings are good and we are winning. Under Klopp the signings whether by him or with his OK have been very good. You can only point to Karius one of the first signings in his time who may be considered to be less able. Shit people are even saying Klavan is a good signing after his last few displays. Look at the reviews Robertson is getting. Chill.

How do people know which are committee or management signings?

Even going back to Rodge everyone seemed to know, is there a list?

If you wanted to side with Rodgers and a signing was good you claimed it was his, if the signing was bad you claim it's committee. Vice versa if you want to blame him instead.

Either that or huge swathes of our fan base are in constant contact with members of said committee and/or our managers and get given first hand information on a daily basis. 

If you wanted to side with Rodgers and a signing was good you claimed it was his, if the signing was bad you claim it's committee. Vice versa if you want to blame him instead.

Either that or huge swathes of our fan base are in constant contact with members of said committee and/or our managers and get given first hand information on a daily basis.

That's what I suspected.

It's a different culture.  I can see why Rodgers wanted full control and I don't see it as an ego thing.

I think the manager should have final say and they can then live and die by their decisions.

Watching Bobby spearhead our attack and Benteke hobble about for Palace is proof that thank fuck he didn't.