You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Rumours that Fox has gone too. Yet to be substantiated mind but with a soft Brexit he's effectively surplus to requirements anyway. The corrupt bumder.

All this positioning for a leadership run is head spinning, I'm surprised they have time to govern the country too.

Me neither. Brexit is a disaster that will fuck everyone other than the rich .

The implication that the Eu levels the inequality gap always makes me fucking wince.

https://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/revealed-how-we-pay-our-richest-landowners-millions-subsidies

The main beneficiary of the Eu has always been the super rich. It's how the system works.

Anyway I'm off this subject for a bit, It's getting in the way of laughing at the conservative party.

The above is the truth, being in the Eu didn't halt the last decade of austerity.

Nor did it cause it.

Leaving the EU will make the UK poorer; if we get a Labour Government, they will be trying a more equitable distribution of a shrunken economy. If we stay in the EU, a Labour Government could achieve so much more.

I wonder what effect two years of demographic churn - whereby members of a generation that favours the EU have entered the electorate and members of the Leave generation have carked it - have had on what the outcome would be if the Referendum were rerun tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Matt Hancock to Health Secretary. Inspiring appointment...

He’s my local MP. The doctor’s surgeries around here are on the brink of collapse. People have been badgering Hancock for ages about it. He ignored them for months, finally got one of his secretaries to send round a generic one-size-fits-all email, turned up for a quick photo op one afternoon and now a few weeks later he’s the head honcho of the NHS. Incredible scenes.

Harry Kane for PM!

Gareth Southgate for Queen!

It's a good job that most of the country is fixated on nationalism in the form of a sporting team.  Times like these could bring a government down.  Even a strong and stable one...

• Upvote 1

Fucking great. The no vote proving to be the best thing to happen to this country in a long long time.

You don't have to be nostradamus to predict the Tory infighting will get even worse once we're out,

Why not?

Literally everything else will get even worse.

• Upvote 1

Kuenssberg spinning at as a positive for May.

She may be constantly spitting on the graves of all the journalists who have given up their lives over the years in their search for the truth, but she certainly knows what her paymasters want & is ensuring her mortgage is paid.

• Upvote 1

Identifying as a member of a nation or an ethnonationalist is going to be very painful for someone in the 21st century because reality is shifting further and further away from that. The ones wanting the world to go back to strict national or gender identities are going to find a world and science increasingly hostile to them.

The solution is to identify as emotional apes with power to overcome human stupidity through reason and evidence.  I think that's the way forward for humanity. The old solutions will keep us trapped in a cycle of war and fear.

• Upvote 1

In fairness as much as I can't stand May she's handled this quite smartly. She's purged her cabinet of the Brexiteer big beasts and marginalised the Tory hard right. They don't have the numbers to unseat her and as as much as a bureaucratic fudge her Brexit proposal is at the moment it's not a million miles away from an associate membership. If the EU doesn't reject the deal out of hand which I suspect they won't as she'll have already briefed them, over the coming months the UK position will shift to an effective membership of the customs union and a modified acceptance of the four EU principles. Briefing the Labour party is key. They'll support a customs union and ultimately she'll comfortably have the numbers in parliament despite the sound and fury from the Tory right.