You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

Top notch on his day, but it's getting to the point when it might be prudent to look elsewhere now.

Who would take him? His injury record speaks for itself and don't forget his wages. We are stuck with him

Might as well just write him off and even when he's back to full fitness. I wouldn't distrub a settled team for him, because there is no point

Posted this before but in case anyone missed it...

The former Liverpool captain describes how Daniel Sturridge often needs to be cajoled into playing in order for him to overcome his injury problems, and paints a picture of a player plagued by self-doubt.

Stevie G contrasts Sturridge’s flakiness with Suarez’s sheer grit, noting how the Uruguayan never needed convincing to play, and often plays with significant niggling injuries.

Gerrard explains how on this occasion, Sturridge was worried about a thigh niggle ahead of a big game against Manchester United, and was unsure of whether to play or not.

But the Reds skipper learned from the medical team that Sturridge was actually fine to play, and that it was purely a mental block.

Gerrard was desperate for Sturridge to play, as if not, he ominously intones, they’d be forced to go with…Iago Aspas.

From memory he played against Utd scored and then was injured and missed games after that. It looks like he's just not built for playing top level football on a regular basis.

He reminds me of what Agger said when he left us that his body wasn't able for it.

He will score either tonight or at the weekend and all will be forgiven.

In a month's time people will have completely forgotten that they were on here calling him a pussy and a waster and he will once again be one of the most important players on our team.

Yup, very likely...

I'd go straight down the middle on it personally and say whether it's his fault or not is now academic. It's just how it is with him and we cannot afford to carry passengers.

For me this season we had to plan to not have him fit and treat any availability as a bonus. Unless there's a miraculous turn around in his availability and a sustained performance level from him I'd go another step on and be looking to get whatever we can for him in the summer, then buy a striker we can rely on.

Sad to say as he's sublimely talented but it's only half the battle and unless you can get him on the pitch reliably it's doing you no good. Saw some journo draw a parallel with Saha the other day and that's not the furthest away from it.