You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

Wouldn't be a problem if we hadn't signed an immobile lump as our second-most expensive signing ever.

Wouldn't be a problem if we hadn't signed an immobile lump as our second-most expensive signing ever.

Yep, Danny played him off the park tonight.

I'm going to go back a bit and try to find out what the scoop is on the latest injury. I watched the match and I was looking forward to Sturridge either starting or getting a decent run out, but it seems something else has happened to him.

It's such a shame as he is a good player, but his fitness record is atrocious.

Tonight's performance wasn't great but we found a way to win, and Benteke popped up with a good goal. He is proving to be far more useful than Sturridge at this point.

I'm ready to cut our losses with Sturridge and sell him on. There's got to be a moneyed club who will be thinking they will be able to get 30 appearance and 15 goals out of him and will be happy to pay for that.

We still have a £30m wage liability on Daniel for the remainder of his contract, the odd game would be nice...

I'm no contract/employment lawyer but surely there's something that can mean we don't need to pay this shirker? If I was off work for more than a few months I'd only get statutory sick pay. Someone needs to stick him on £55/week and see how he feels then.

If there was an Daniel.Sturbridge version of Operation it'd just be him with a constant flashing nose and buzzing sound wouldn't it?

"Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...the fucking batteries have gone again."

• Upvote 8

If there was an Daniel.Sturbridge version of Operation it'd just be him with a constant flashing nose and buzzing sound wouldn't it?

"Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...the fucking batteries have gone again."

The damned buzzer would be going off when it was on the shelf. 

Getting beyond a joke now. A supremely talented player but he's absolutely useless to us at the moment and has been for half his career at Liverpool. We may need to cut our losses and move him on if we can. Otherwise this will become like a Diaby situation where we keep hold of a talented player in the hope he can play regularly one day and 10 years have passed but he's still fucking injured!

Walcott

Rosicky

Nasri

Wilshire

Diaby

Hargreaves

Ashton

Kewell

Carroll

Remy

K Dyer

Ledley King

Woodgate

Redknapp

Aurelio

Lennon

The list is much longer, and the crux of the matter is that however long you wait for a good player to return, it's very, very rarely been worth it in the end.

• Upvote 3

Klopp: Sturridge must learn what serious pain is

Jurgen Klopp says Daniel Sturridge must “adapt” to Liverpool’s new intensity, and distinguish what “serious pain” to what is “only pain”.

After stepping up his recovery from a knee injury which had ruled him out since the start of October, Sturridge picked up a knock to his foot in training, ruling him out of Thursday’s Europa League clash with Bordeaux.

The 26-year-old has now suffered eight separate injuries since joining Liverpool in January 2013, and Klopp believes the striker must “adapt” to a new, more intense way of training.

Asked whether he has long-term concerns over Sturridge’s fitness, Klopp replied: “I cannot think of this like you because I have not been here that long. But I understand.

“His body had to adapt to the new intensity of training and learn what is serious pain and what is only pain.

“Everyone wants him back on the pitch but we all have to learn. Training for him was intensive. But we have to stay patient. I am sorry for you, sorry for me, sorry for him.

“All the players from yesterday are in good shape. Does Daniel have a chance for Sunday? I don’t know. But five weeks in a row without playing means he needs matches.”

Klopp also revealed that midfield pair Jordan Henderson – who has been out of action since August – and Jordan Rossiter have returned to training, while Joe Allen is likely to start against former club Swansea on Sunday.

On captain Henderson, Klopp added: “He wants to play but we have to wait. We’ll see every day how he adapts to the intensity of the previous day.”

http://www.football365.com/news/klopp-sturridge-must-learn-what-serious-pain-is

Him and Rooney have new Monopolies out at Xmas as well. Daniel's has a " Go directly to Hospital do not pass go " card and Wayne has a " Go directly to the gym and walk past the buffet " card.

A subtle way of saying you can play through a bit of pain as most do I think. Also saying Henderson is basically chomping at the bit is also a little hint, no ?

Champing.

But yeah, you're right. Sounds like a bit of psychology there. Good to know Hendo is back in training. With any luck he'll give Sturridge a kick up the arse and tell him to man the fuck up.

Gutted that he's injured again, I don't like the criticism he is getting as he will be as disappointed as anyone.Everytime something like this happens fans moan saying why isn't he playing through the pain and a couple of days later we hear he's out for months, imo it looks like he has been right to sit out the games he has in the past and is probably right now.

There's no point selling him as we won't get a good fee and if he gets fit for his new club we have let go a world class striker, he's had one start where he was nowhere near 100% fit, scored two and should have had more.I still want him to stay but if he doesn't come back before the end of the season something has to be done.

• Upvote 1

Champing.

But yeah, you're right. Sounds like a bit of psychology there. Good to know Hendo is back in training. With any luck he'll give Sturridge a kick up the arse and tell him to man the fuck up.

We need all the fit players we can get. Hopefully he will add cover at full back in January too unless Flanagan is back.

If anyone kicks Sturridge up the arse he'll be out for months.

I can't see how he's going to get back on the pitch if Klopp sticks to only playing those who've proven themselves through ten days of training though.

He's one of those who, because of his skill, you parachute into the squad when he's half fit. Trying to get him back to full fitness - whilst a good idea initially - may never be possible, because mentally he'll probably never feel he's achieved that level. There's a growing sense that in trying to completely cure him of niggling injuries, we've engendered more of a hypochondriac mentality in him.

• Upvote 1

Gutted that he's injured again, I don't like the criticism he is getting as he will be as disappointed as anyone.Everytime something like this happens fans moan saying why isn't he playing through the pain and a couple of days later we hear he's out for months, imo it looks like he has been right to sit out the games he has in the past and is probably right now.

There's no point selling him as we won't get a good fee and if he gets fit for his new club we have let go a world class striker, he's had one start where he was nowhere near 100% fit, scored two and should have had more.I still want him to stay but if he doesn't come back before the end of the season something has to be done.

The manager seems to be hinting he needs to be a bit more hardy. But we will have to wait and see if the scan reveals anything.