You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

Sturridge seems to knock about with Ibe a bit, all a bit of 'bants' and big brother-little brother thing going on between them.

But we're about to enter into a period when Ibe is actually the more revered of the two in the eyes of the manager, and I wonder how that relationship plays out as a result.

I'd like to see Ibe given a go as a striker, because his ability to make a yard on a defender by dropping a shoulder and pushing it half a hard wide of him and getting their first is perfect for someone playing on the edge of the area to get a shot away, and my god he can hit them.

Ibe is Owen to Sturridge's Fowler. The latter is/was rediculously talented and popular, but the former just has this professional attitude allied with natural athleticism which just makes/made him a better bet for progressing in the game.

If Ibe really is Owen then he'll need to score 18 goals in the league this year to make that comparison plausible.

Sturridge was told by the Club to come home from the States in the summer and be dealt with by a Southport based physio.  The Club was worried that he was not focused on his rehabilitation/ fitness  with his showbiz lifestyle and showbiz girlfriend.  Well, he came home, and still has the showbiz lifestyle and showbiz girlfriend.

There's countless examples of how a potentially world class player does not reach that because of his lifestyle - Fowler being the best example for us or Charlie Nicolas if you want to be more extreme.

Unlike Rodgers, the ultimate "tomorrow will be better than today" man, don't think Klopp will tolerate his lack of a professional lifestyle and today's comments were probably the first airing of this frustration.

Personally, I would get rid of the cunt and only have players at the Club who are 100% committed to the Club.

To be honest reading him during the interview the other night you got the impression he didn't seem too happy. I can't see Sturridge lasting here because if he is already calling him on it then he obviously doesn't believe he is totally unable to play and just lacks the will to run though walls, which I'm guessing is what he likes his players to do.

it's a shame as we can all see his talent but even when he came 3 years ago, you could see his attitude - not celebrating when Suarez scored because he could have received a pass, poor judgement between shooting and playing a final ball to a teammate (usually Luis), that stupid fucking dance etc....

Sturridge is a better version of Collymore IMO - a great talent but never a Liverpool player. The preciousness around injuries is just a symptom of this.

We draw a line under 2013-2014 - we now have the world's best manager with the 3rd largest  global fan base, a top 4 squad of players when all fit - we push on and leave behind the primadonnas

• Upvote 2

it's a shame as we can all see his talent but even when he came 3 years ago, you could see his attitude - not celebrating when Suarez scored because he could have received a pass, poor judgement between shooting and playing a final ball to a teammate (usually Luis), that stupid fucking dance etc....

Sturridge is a better version of Collymore IMO - a great talent but never a Liverpool player. The preciousness around injuries is just a symptom of this.

We draw a line under 2013-2014 - we now have the world's best manager with the 3rd largest global fan base, a top 4 squad of players when all fit - we push on and leave behind the primadonnas

I'm not sure I'm buying that. There was the odd example of Sturridge moaning when Suarez shot and vice versa. Generally, the link up play and willingness to assist each other wasn't that bad. Suarez setting up Sturridge a West Brom. Sturridge's back heel for Suarez at Cardiff. Loads more examples.

Any examples of when Sturridge was ball greedy? I can think of one. When he was on a derby hattrick.

As for the dance? It's a celebration. People read too much into innocuous shite like that.

As for him not being a Liverpool player, bit of revisionism there, for me. When he's fit (which isn't enough) his record speaks for itself and makes him a player definitely worthy of representing Liverpool, or any other top club.

fair enough N-T but you could see when he came how he would moan and sulk at Luis and they never had a natural connection - even in the 2013-14 run-in and the goals you talk about, it was their instinctive play but Danny's attitude always seemed to be brewing below the surface.

During the 5-0 demolition of Swansea in 2012-13, he was a disgrace and there was one stage when he wouldn't walk over to Luis to congratulate him on a goal because he didn't pass.  Its that Collymoresque behaviour which I'm referring to.

Gerrard alluded to it even before his ill-thought book and said that he needs to get his head right.  Don't think he has, hence the "injuries".

I thought it was pretty obvious that Sturridge wasn't a huge fan of Suarez, and they certainly didn't seem to get on all that well on the pitch. But it didn't mean a thing because whatever their personal relationship, they banged the goals in regularly. But it is interesting to see just how unselfish Suarez is at Barcelona......

exactly, like Rodgers, Sturridge was made to look good because of Suarez...Danny hasn't shown us much since.  Luis tolerated him despite his attitude/ frostiness - I've called him a "rat" on here before because of the Arsenal dalliance but if Luis can deal with egos like Neymar and Messi and make them look like schoolboys winning their first trophy together, then Danny was lucky to have him.

'I cannot think of this like you because I have not been here that long. But I understand. His body had to adapt to the new intensity of training and learn what is serious pain and what is only pain.'

Klopp.

Last sentence of that is about as close to saying 'he's a massive fucking fanny' that I've seen a manager come out with in quite some time.

Jamie Carragher: Liverpool might have to think about selling Daniel Sturridge

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/478129/Jamie-Carragher-Liverpool-selling-Daniel-Sturridge

"The one thing I remember most of all from being his team-mate is that he had to feel 100 per cent right mentally and physically in order to play."

I think he's got the wrong end of the stick where the term "striker" is used. If he's going to do it, the least he should do is stop pulling sickies, wear a donkey jacket and stand by a fire in a bin on a picket line.

By the side of the pitch screaming 'scab' at everyone who crosses the line?

• Upvote 2