You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

Gutted that he's injured again, I don't like the criticism he is getting as he will be as disappointed as anyone.Everytime something like this happens fans moan saying why isn't he playing through the pain and a couple of days later we hear he's out for months, imo it looks like he has been right to sit out the games he has in the past and is probably right now.

There's no point selling him as we won't get a good fee and if he gets fit for his new club we have let go a world class striker, he's had one start where he was nowhere near 100% fit, scored two and should have had more.I still want him to stay but if he doesn't come back before the end of the season something has to be done.

Maybe we could loan him out then for a season and see how he gets on.

Klopp has his number and won't put up with it for long.  In my opinion, Sturridge wants all the trappings that come with being a professional footballer but doesn't want to make the sacrifices.  It was in one of Gerrard's books that there is never a fully fit changing room, someone will always have a knock or niggle that they're willing to play through, Sturridge seemingly has to be 100% or won't even entertain the idea.

He'll end up on Strictly Come Dancing or something of that ilk before long, I can see his footballing career being cut short, not even sure it's the career he wants anyway.

The manager seems to be hinting he needs to be a bit more hardy. But we will have to wait and see if the scan reveals anything.

Yeah I've just seen his comments but maybe Klopp should have waited until the scan results before saying that, can't blame Sturridge for being wary when he feels pain and I can't remember a time he has pulled out of a game and not been injured.

Derek Acorah?

Yeah I've just seen his comments but maybe Klopp should have waited until the scan results before saying that, can't blame Sturridge for being wary when he feels pain and I can't remember a time he has pulled out of a game and not been injured.

Maybe Klopp knows a bit more than us. I trust the manager. If he is given the all clear and still won't push it then in my mind he is finished here .

• Upvote 2

Sturridge seems to knock about with Ibe a bit, all a bit of 'bants' and big brother-little brother thing going on between them.

But we're about to enter into a period when Ibe is actually the more revered of the two in the eyes of the manager, and I wonder how that relationship plays out as a result.

I'd like to see Ibe given a go as a striker, because his ability to make a yard on a defender by dropping a shoulder and pushing it half a hard wide of him and getting their first is perfect for someone playing on the edge of the area to get a shot away, and my god he can hit them.

Ibe is Owen to Sturridge's Fowler. The latter is/was rediculously talented and popular, but the former just has this professional attitude allied with natural athleticism which just makes/made him a better bet for progressing in the game.

Klopp: Sturridge must learn what serious pain is

Jurgen Klopp says Daniel Sturridge must “adapt” to Liverpool’s new intensity, and distinguish what “serious pain” to what is “only pain”.

After stepping up his recovery from a knee injury which had ruled him out since the start of October, Sturridge picked up a knock to his foot in training, ruling him out of Thursday’s Europa League clash with Bordeaux.

The 26-year-old has now suffered eight separate injuries since joining Liverpool in January 2013, and Klopp believes the striker must “adapt” to a new, more intense way of training.

Asked whether he has long-term concerns over Sturridge’s fitness, Klopp replied: “I cannot think of this like you because I have not been here that long. But I understand.

“His body had to adapt to the new intensity of training and learn what is serious pain and what is only pain.

“Everyone wants him back on the pitch but we all have to learn. Training for him was intensive. But we have to stay patient. I am sorry for you, sorry for me, sorry for him.

“All the players from yesterday are in good shape. Does Daniel have a chance for Sunday? I don’t know. But five weeks in a row without playing means he needs matches.”

Klopp also revealed that midfield pair Jordan Henderson – who has been out of action since August – and Jordan Rossiter have returned to training, while Joe Allen is likely to start against former club Swansea on Sunday.

On captain Henderson, Klopp added: “He wants to play but we have to wait. We’ll see every day how he adapts to the intensity of the previous day.”

http://www.football365.com/news/klopp-sturridge-must-learn-what-serious-pain-is

Have a go at him, publicly. That should do the trick.

I've had second thoughts on Sturridge. When I read about his latest injury I was on the 'get rid' bandwagon. But I'm willing to be a bit more patient and see how the rest of the season unfolds.

My reconsidered view is that we have persevered so long with him that we might as well keep going a bit more. If he gets back in and scores 10-15 goals and helps us win some big games this season then fair enough. But if he keeps stumbling along, never getting fit and never adapting to what Klopp demands on the training pitch, then get rid in the summer.

For me he gets the rest of the season while we find out.

* If I were a betting man I'd bet on Klopp signing his main man up front to replace Sturridge in summer, with Benteke to be retained as a very useful, but different, option; and Ings and Origi to make up the group of strikers. Given the attacking midfielders we have, I also expect to see Firmino as a false nine from time to time, as the Man City and Chelsea games show what a good option that is.

If it is a bit in his head, as has been suggested, it's a bit weird, logic wise.

Is he concerned about playing when not a full 100% fit in case he gets a more serious injury and misses a long spell of games? If so, to avoid that from potentially happening he.....er.....misses a long spell of games anyway that he probably hasn't needed to miss anyway. Well, not all of them.