You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

Yeah desperate to play for England, showed real desire there, but has done everything to avoid playing for us, if the bench was an option he'd take it, that's what i heard. Shithouse, got an attitude, what's that pointing at the sky all about? If he falls over in training I hope Klopp runs over and kicks him while he's lying there. His wages are a disgrace and I feel guilty for missing a day at work. You'll never walk a..gain.

No cause for rawkus. Who's next? Coutinho being sold would benefit the economy and empower younger generations towards a brighter Britain. This is a matter of Liverpool FC's security.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Too many fucking tarts playing these days. 

The one thing that I find curious is that in the 'modern age' with all this scientific bollocks and best medical facilities ever in football there seems to be more injuries than ever, particularly long standing ones. 

Go back to the 60's, 70's, 80's and probably 90's how many players were out for a year ?

I wouldn't mind but you aren't even allowed to tackle these days - maybe that's the problem. 

Too many fucking tarts playing these days.

The one thing that I find curious is that in the 'modern age' with all this scientific bollocks and best medical facilities ever in football there seems to be more injuries than ever, particularly long standing ones.

Go back to the 60's, 70's, 80's and probably 90's how many players were out for a year ?

I wouldn't mind but you aren't even allowed to tackle these days - maybe that's the problem.

It's money. Money is the issue. Insurance etc. All a load of cock.

Most of us have played football at various levels, and me and a few mates had a discussion about injuries.

Q.  In the 15 or so years of playing football amateur/semi pro and a couple of ex pros how many players do you remember being out for a year or more ?

Most of us cited 6-8 weeks for the odd broken leg, and 3 months for a compound fracture

Yet,  since the authorities banned proper tackling and boot companies started supplying players with slippers all these arty farty injuries seem to be regular occurrences. 

Black boots, no shinny's and crunching tackles are the future

That whole last page is an absolute disgrace.

It's not Sturridge's fault the club misdiagnosed his hip problem for over a year before finally sending him in for surgery.  And now that they've finally fixed it, he gets a contact injury, which can (and does, all the time) happen to absolutely anyone.

Bad luck?  Sure.  Sign of a "weak character/pussy?"  Please.  Whatever happened to "you'll never walk alone?"

• Upvote 8

Yeah desperate to play for England, showed real desire there, but has done everything to avoid playing for us, if the bench was an option he'd take it, that's what i heard. Shithouse, got an attitude, what's that pointing at the sky all about? If he falls over in training I hope Klopp runs over and kicks him while he's lying there. His wages are a disgrace and I feel guilty for missing a day at work. You'll never walk a..gain.

No cause for rawkus. Who's next? Coutinho being sold would benefit the economy and empower younger generations towards a brighter Britain. This is a matter of Liverpool FC's security.

Negged by accident.

It's not Sturridge's fault the club misdiagnosed his hip problem for over a year before finally sending him in for surgery.  And now that they've finally fixed it, he gets a contact injury, which can (and does, all the time) happen to absolutely anyone.

Bad luck?  Sure.  Sign of a "weak character/pussy?"  Please.  Whatever happened to "you'll never walk alone?"

Sturridge has played one full season in his entire career.

Brendan did not want to sign him, not because he is not a talented goal scorer, he is, but because mentally, and physically, he has not shown himself to be a player any manager can rely upon.

You’ll never walk alone is fine, it would just be nice if he could run around a bit as well.

It's not Sturridge's fault the club misdiagnosed his hip problem for over a year before finally sending him in for surgery. And now that they've finally fixed it, he gets a contact injury, which can (and does, all the time) happen to absolutely anyone.

Bad luck? Sure. Sign of a "weak character/pussy?" Please. Whatever happened to "you'll never walk alone?"

And what about the 5 years before those injuries too?

Its not just about the last 12-18 months,its basically his whole career.