You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Anfield pitch.

niallers

Last few seasons it always looks a bit bare around Nov - Jan like it hasn't quite got enough grass on it and what looks like clay patches. I know fuck all about what makes up pitches these days and I am sure it isn't clay but it does look threadbare in patches.

That said and it's typical of modern football it really shouldn't be an excuse it's a fucking million times better than pitches from even as recent as the 90's and early 00s

It's about the watering of the pitch isn't it? Brendan's massively into the idea of a slick pitch, that's watered so that the ball has a lot of zip. He's talked about it in the past, it favours us on the counter attack. He was moaning about it in pre season, someones obviously said to him we won't be able to do it how he wanted it this season.

I dont think the pitch is re laid every season. I think its more like every 3 seasons with re seeding inbetween.

I thought we were going to lay one of those 3 Gen pitches last summer that has grass and fibres interwoven.

I cant agree with the manager if he's saying the pitch has been crap since he came here because it clearly is not.

I dont think the pitch is re laid every season. I think its more like every 3 seasons with re seeding inbetween.

I thought we were going to lay one of those 3 Gen pitches last summer that has grass and fibres interwoven.

I cant agree with the manager if he's saying the pitch has been crap since he came here because it clearly is not.

Noted.

I remember on the stadium tour years ago they told us that the pitch was a mixture of real grass & fibre.  And they re-laid it every season, whereas Manure had 4-7 pitches laid a season.  Hoe much truth there is in that I don't know.  And that was about 10 years ago too.

It's about the watering of the pitch isn't it? Brendan's massively into the idea of a slick pitch, that's watered so that the ball has a lot of zip. He's talked about it in the past, it favours us on the counter attack. He was moaning about it in pre season, someones obviously said to him we won't be able to do it how he wanted it this season.

Maybe they want to water the fans again instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9r4x3BQ0Ao

I'm sure we've all seen the pictures of new pitches being laid every summer. Surprised it's taken this long to mention. Why not mention it last year when I didn't affect us? Not taking a swipe,just curious.

probably wasn't as bad last year and if its a few years old its had a lot of football played on it.

even on my shitty stream on sunday it didnt look great.

To be fair it's been one of his gripes for a while now, he had a moan at the start of the season too, saying the players would find the pitch better at the Etihad before we played city, and as Boss said the watering system..

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/363133-Anfield-pitch-too-slow-for-Rodgers-football

Must admit, its the first 'moan' Id heard about the pitch though. I did hear we were wanting a 3Gen pitch or whatever its called laid for this season but dont know why it didnt go head.

I cant agree with the manager though on this. He didnt moan about it last season when we played some brilliant stuff.

Fuck, think Id better go lie down, that's the 2nd time in one thread Ive disagreed with him!