You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

The same people who would want Rodgers out for finishing below the champions league places are the one's that would of called for Rafa's sacking when we finished 7th. Their solution to Rodgers is bringing back Rafa, do they not see the irony?

Very good point.

I think, I may have a solution. I've heard of this fella from Norway...

• Upvote 2

Yeah? It could also be that they don't have cunts like you in their supporter base, or at least not as many. His first two seasons were 6th and 5th, and he'd done absolutely fuck all before joining them. You see, some people know when they've got a good manager, and some stay quiet for 18 months whilst things are going well and then get their knives out the minute things aren't. There's a word for those people.

There will be bumps in the road, and I said that 2 years ago and during last season, and now is one of those. The problem is that some people have the attention spans of a goldfish.

Quite a lot of paying fans made it clear what they thought of Rodgers last week in the Chelsea game. People are getting edgy and uncertain of Rodgers however you want to paint it!. I can only imagine you at a game throwing a strop and walking out, as they said bad things about Rodgers and harsh words about whichever player floats your boat.

The way you go on, it seems like you blame me for Rodgers having a car-crash of a season so far. Look why blame me, when the boss has spent 220 million including 60 odd million improving the defence. But the defence is wank and we have less points than we did under Hodgson. The 50 odd million he has given to Southampton has improved them, whilst we go backwards. The defender he bought to be the leader has stank the place out and Southampton have the best defensive record. John Henry must be scratching his head, especially after Rodgers comments last season. I have not even mentioned him doing a Numero and crying about transfers.

"If you spend that kind of money, you need to be winning the league" - Brendan Rodgers on AVB last season

Anyway stop mentioning Klopp and Rodgers in the same sentence, it is silly one has two league titles and schooled Mourinho in Europe. The other has one championship play-off and is still finding his feet in Europe against the Bulgarian postmen.

• Upvote 3

we slipped up badly by not offering moysie a job... too late now... sack big bren now and bring back hanging....... ffs  panic stations, AGAIN, rome was not built in a day (conquered at night, btw)...have patience.. rafa should NOT have been sacked... so if bred did go, would rafa come back??? not a prayer...we lost a world class player, bought 5 or 6 new faces, lost our best striker for months because of OUR ex manager, so we cant expect to be flying high yet..

again PLEASE be patient... support the boss, the team and most importantly  ........

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB.... YN EVER WA....                                   

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I can only imagine you at a game throwing a strop and walking out, as they said bad things about Rodgers and harsh words about whichever player floats your boat.

I can imagine you blindly hurling abuse at people, getting kicked out, getting a new ticket, coming back in, hurling abuse, getting kicked out, getting a new ticket, coming back in, hurling abuse, getting kicked out, getting a new ticket, coming back in, hurling abuse, getting kicked out, getting a new ticket, coming back in, etc.

The way you go on, it seems like you blame me for Rodgers having a car-crash of a season so far.

That's because you're a bit slow. I blame you for your lack of knowledge, lack of patience, lack of vision, and your myopic idiocy. I blame several factors, one of which is the manager. However, I'm not a baby out with the bath water sort of person. I'm not crying, I'm not angry, I'm one of the few people who is quite calm and not losing his shit about form.

Anyway stop mentioning Klopp and Rodgers in the same sentence

You're a very strange person, no matter what name you choose. I mentioned Klopp because somebody else said we should bring him in. He has spent a lot of money recently and gone backwards. Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

To answer the question directly - Rafa.

It isn't something I want to see happen though as it means we would have stayed as shite or worse than we are now and we would be in transition yet again.

That said if we end up out of the top 4 and Europe come the end of the season given how modern football works I can see it happening.

• Downvote 1

That's because you're a bit slow. I blame you for your lack of knowledge, lack of patience, lack of vision, and your myopic idiocy. I blame several factors, one of which is the manager. However, I'm not a baby out with the bath water sort of person. I'm not crying, I'm not angry, I'm one of the few people who is quite calm and not losing his shit about form.

You are the man who only the other day implied i won't read the forum as it does not conform to what I think. That pretty much tells me a lot about your irrational approach when it comes to football. Anything that does not agree with your version of events, the person is tagged as stupid or ill-informed. If a man only wants to read stuff that conforms to his own views, then he will always be a flouncing shitbird.

You look at it like politics, you have an entrenched view. You are a "Rodgers" man and are unable to view his actions like most normal football fans. 14 points from 11 games is shit shit shit and Rodgers has played Hodgeball.Oh and again spent a shitload of money,a huge amount of money. I think he will rightly get the season but football is a results business. Well it is a results business if we are an ambitious club.

• Upvote 1

We didnt spend over a hundred million to go a step further. We spent that much because we sold Suarez.

I find the idea that we spent £65m "because we had it" from Suarez, rather than because we wanted to achieve something, odd.

As for who would come in, I have seen Rafa mentioned. But I cannot see anyone less suited to working with FSG/Ayre than Rafa.