You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

Its november, nearly won the league last year Did rodgers not coach suarez? Sturridge, sterling and henderson were quite good too

Its november, nearly won the league last year Did rodgers not coach suarez? Sturridge, sterling and henderson were quite good too

Well, the proof will be in the pudding, I guess. So far, it tastes like shit.

I'm not saying he should be sacked, but the rubrics for his performance seem pretty fucking obvious.

Unfortunately he doesn't. It doesn't matter how you come by the money, if you spend a £100m of anyone's money you have to answer for it. In some 'professions' that can mean with your limbs or your life.

I didnt say Rodgers didnt have to answer for it. I said we spent that money to try and limit the damage our best player leaving would bring.

Do you think we would have spent that much had he stayed? 

Rodgers has still been given £215 million in a little over two seasons whatever the funding source. He deserves scrutiny especially given his smart arse remarks about Spurs.

In reality there's no chance of Klopp or even Rafa. Most likely FSG would draw the conclusions that the fault was not in appointing a young manager but rather not implementing their model of a Director of Football with a younger 'coach'.

So take your pick of DoF and some young up and coming thing.

Can't believe people are suggesting rafa as a realistic choice. If rodgers was to be sacked I'd move the earth for Simeone or Klopp. But I'm afraid that's unrestrainedly fanciful.

Can't believe people are suggesting Simeone as a realistic choice. Why the fuck would he want to come here?

If you want a dark horse who ticks a lot of boxes. Unei Emery won the Europa last season with Sevilla, had a fair bit of experience of Europe at Valencia as well. So he fits my criteria of being used to balancing Europe and the league.  He could also bring the Sevilla DoF, as well and unlike Rodgers is happy to work under said conditions.They sold Moreno and Rakitic and are still doing well this year. He also lost a lot of players at Valencia and still fared well overall. 

Not that I am advocating sacking Rodgers of course just going with the thread obviously.

I'm not sure why people say last season's efforts means Rodgers has all this season as some sort of free pass. What if were in the bottom 3 come the turn of the year or February and the football is just as bad as it is now? It's not beyond the realms of possibility looking at our form. Would he still deserve to stay the whole season? That statement is madness.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Chicken and egg?

I'm not one for criticising the owners because they've been straight with us from day one. Saying that, it fucking does my head in when it's rebuked out of hand by the echo that we'd be in for certain players (might have been Reus, but not certain). I understand that Fenway are just not going to be competing with the likes of City and Chelsea over salaries, but if they're not, how do we compete on a regular basis? No side can. Look at Dortmund. He builds a top side, winning trophies, getting to finals, but it'll only be short term if you keep losing top players to teams offering more money. Would Suarez have left Chelsea with all those top players around him, all happy at the club? Who knows? He may still have left, but how many Chelsea players have agitated for a move? Hardly any. They're playing with the best players on top money.

I don't blame Rodgers since the great majority of our success last year was down to the unbelievable efforts of one player. I know this is true because we are not even a shadow of what we were last season and the only difference, forgetting for a moment all the additions, is that he's not here. I suppose Sturridge being out has hurt somewhat, too, but who here thinks we'll make it back to second just with him.

Rodgers has to show it was more him than Suarez and up until now he hasn't. I'd definitely give him the rest of the season and expect 4th at least. If not, he'll be gone I think.

If so, I can't see any reason why Simeone would come here, unless we broke the bank for him. Less so with Klopp, who might just want to move on. Whoever it is better be strong enough to deal with Gerrard and assert himself forcefully.

how come suarez didnt take us to 2nd place in rodgers first season?

This idea that it was all suarez and nothing to do with rodgers is as ridiculous as those who think we won the CL inspite of Rafa.

Even though he infuriated the hell out of me sometimes, I'd have Rafa back here in a heartbeat.

He loves the club, and pretty much sacrificed himself for the good of the club by calling the cunts a pair of cunts. Would love to see what he could do with us with stable, supportive owners. Of all the possible managers that would be available to us, he has the best pedigree by a country mile.

All that being said, I don't think FSG would go for it. So Klopp for me, followed by Simeone, then maybe Owen Coyle.

• Upvote 1