You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

What?

Fuck, I'm going to stop reading the football forums for a bit.

Numero Veinticinco, on 10 Nov 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:snapback.png

Fuck, I'm going to stop reading the football forums for a bit.

It seems from this statement you made above that when you read stuff on a forum you disagree with it and it makes you sad. You either have to lash out or stop reading the forum. The only conclusion I can draw from your statement, is you did not like reading the forum as people held other views about football that you did not agree with!. My nephew has a similar problem, but he is only six.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It seems from this statement you made above that when you read stuff on a forum you disagree with it and it makes you sad, you either have to lash out or stop reading the forum. The only conclusion I can draw from your statement is you did not like reading the forum as people held other views about football than you did not agree with!. My nephew has a similar problem, but he is only six.

Oh dear, Frode. You really are out of your mind. I tend not to do things I don't enjoy, so I decided to stop reading idiots saying idiotic things to other idiots. I don't enjoy idiots. Now, you can draw whatever conclusion you like.

You're making the mistake of thinking that just because I've not lost my head, I've not got issues with the summer. The difference is I said them in the summer, before a ball was kicked. You and your brainless buddies are acting like twats the way you're going on. There's a difference between being a cunt and not being happy. You are being a cunt.

• Upvote 1

As much as i dont really trust Rodgers with transfer funds, it would fucking help matters if we could actually scout a few nuggets out of the blue.

Mind you, possibly our best attacking mid prospect (Suso) is about to be jettisoned to Serie A, so i'm not convinced he would use scouted prospects that well.

Wisdom and Ibe should have been retained for a start.

Kelly Flangan Manquillo and Wisdom all better bets than Johnson at RB.

2 of them had/have realistic prospects of moving in to CB too.

Baffling stuff.

Rafa

Simeone

De Boer

Koeman

Klopp

Rodgers deserves the season to turn it around, and show that it wasn't just the Luis show. He's spent the money, he has to make that golden goose cash work, otherwise, i wouldn't blame FSG. Kenny got the same.

• Downvote 1

Oh dear, Frode. You really are out of your mind. I tend not to do things I don't enjoy, so I decided to stop reading idiots saying idiotic things to other idiots. I don't enjoy idiots. Now, you can draw whatever conclusion you like.

You're making the mistake of thinking that just because I've not lost my head, I've not got issues with the summer. The difference is I said them in the summer, before a ball was kicked. You and your brainless buddies are acting like twats the way you're going on. There's a difference between being a cunt and not being happy. You are being a cunt.

Numero, If you keep calling me Frode It will not make your point any more valid shitbird. You clearly get sad and a bit emotional when people write posts you disagree with. Don't worry in a few years, you might grow out of it.

Grownups consider other peoples opinions even if they disagree, it helps people form balanced views. I disagree with a lot of what you say, but I read it to see if I can learn anything. However it seems like your only call to arms is to refer me to what Klopp did as some sort of reason Rodgers will come good. I hope if Rodgers continues to struggle, he has a better explanation on the table.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Grownups consider other peoples opinions even if they disagree, it helps people form balanced views.

Or they pretend they're a child and talk about being a grown up in a hope that their knee-jerk cuntery is covered by belittlement and patronisation.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Can't believe people are suggesting rafa as a realistic choice. If rodgers was to be sacked I'd move the earth for Simeone or Klopp. But I'm afraid that's unrestrainedly fanciful.

I love Rafa, but his time has come and gone hasn't it. I very much hope we don't sack Rodgers. It's way too early to be talking about any of this stuff.

• Upvote 1

I love Rafa, but his time has come and gone hasn't it. I very much hope we don't sack Rodgers. It's way too early to be talking about any of this stuff.

What makes you think he can turn this slump around? The defence has been gash for 3 seasons now (well 2 and a bit) and he hasn't addressed it at all, just threw money at it and what looks like down the drain for the most part (well not down the drain but he looks like he can't best utilise the defenders he has bought). It seems he has even alienated one of the big money defenders he has bought.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What makes you think he can turn this slump around?

The same thing that I thought the first time he turned it around, when people were talking about him being sacked; the knowledge that he's a good, but young manager who is missing his best striker and is only a few players away from a strong first team and a strong squad. I know things are off, but they're not as wildly off - despite the poor results - as some are making out. That's my view, anyway. I said ages ago that there would be bumps in the rebuilding road. We're at one now.

Or they pretend they're a child and talk about being a grown up in a hope that their knee-jerk cuntery is covered by belittlement and patronisation.

Please explain what I have posted that is knee-jerk. I think you will find I am pretty rational on my views. We have been shit in defence, midfield and attack this season. Rodgers has brought 25 players since he arrived, this is his squad. I hold the manager responsible as he coaches and selects the team. Not exactly a strange view to hold is it?

I have suggested he should get the season then at the end the owners will review what he has done (how outrageous). I have pointed out in football, any manager with a bad run can be vulnerable but I strongly suspect FSG would give him the season.  I am worried that after 2 and 1/3 seasons he has been utterly inept with the defence. Regardless of personal and we have had umpteen cb pairings two separate keepers and numerous mf setups.

I am also worried that this season he has seriously struggled to get the best out of the new players. Now if it was 1 or 2 fair enough. But all the players played better elsewhere, that is a huge worry. Please explain what is knee-jerk in holding those views?

I don't blame Rodgers since the great majority of our success last year was down to the unbelievable efforts of one player. I know this is true because we are not even a shadow of what we were last season and the only difference, forgetting for a moment all the additions, is that he's not here. I suppose Sturridge being out has hurt somewhat, too, but who here thinks we'll make it back to second just with him.

Rodgers has to show it was more him than Suarez and up until now he hasn't. I'd definitely give him the rest of the season and expect 4th at least. If not, he'll be gone I think.

If so, I can't see any reason why Simeone would come here, unless we broke the bank for him. Less so with Klopp, who might just want to move on. Whoever it is better be strong enough to deal with Gerrard and assert himself forcefully.