You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Freedom of speech

banger

Gervais in his latest show is on about joking about certain subjects with regards to freedom of speech.

Not about being abusive in a verbally violent manner to other people.

A comparison of a racist, paranoid, obviously with a screw loose, cunt on a train isn’t a very good example.

Hence the bit where I said "I'm not comparing the incidents".

Where would you draw the line?

I would draw it at saying "gas the jews" 23 times, then putting it on youtube (even if it's to a dog).  How about you?

You can watch the video in the article here

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-arrest-nazi-dog-owner-7930401

I think its pretty obvious its a joke.

It's unfunny and pretty unpleasant, but "gassing the juice" should not get you jail time.

It's clearly a joke, but I prefer they sentence him just for being a dick. 

Hence the bit where I said "I'm not comparing the incidents".

Where would you draw the line?

I would draw it at saying "gas the jews" 23 times, then putting it on youtube (even if it's to a dog). How about you?

Why bring up that video then? I’m confused. I don’t think they are anyway related.

Personally I think anyone with a YouTube channel is an absolute cunt regardless of the content. That’s my honest view.

Anyone abusing people without provocation in person is even more of a cunt.

I don’t actually know what you’re getting at.

Why bring up that video then? I’m confused. I don’t think they are anyway related.

Personally I think anyone with a YouTube channel is an absolute cunt regardless of the content. That’s my honest view.

It doesn't matter.  I'm out.

Neither does he.

I’m not having a go I just honestly don’t understand that angle on this one.

More than happy to be made to understand and don’t mean to sound dismissive, just so you know.

Honestly, it really doesn't matter.

I haven't got the energy and you're right, I'm barking up the wrong tree.

I’m only messing. I’ve listened to a couple of the tracks you’ve posted on FB. They’re good!

Just had the idea of a YouTube channel, consisting of one half sober guy talking his way back into a stadium at half time, on behalf of him and also a very pissed guy who thought a game of a unmentionable sport had ended and wanted to go for a Kebab.

That would have racked up the views.

Or the absolute crux of the argument.

In my opinion the absolute crux of the argument is open to interpretation and disagreement.

There are some abusive and hurtful - rather than simply offensive - things that are said... that one might be entitled to claim does not have the right to be said nor deemed "free speech".

It might, for example, be just as reasonably deemed vilification or verbal assault.

I say that as a person, who has certainly on occasion overstepped on the "free speech" thing in my lifetime.

You can watch the video in the article here

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-arrest-nazi-dog-owner-7930401

I think its pretty obvious its a joke.

Trying to plead you're not a racist and then turning up to court with one of Britain's most famous violent racists; not a smart move.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/20/man-taught-dog-nazi-salutes-convicted-hate-crime-2-7402575/