You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham vs Liverpool (August 31st, 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Let's hope that's true. Plenty of pace and good mobility in midfield with Allen and Hendo doing the hard work.

Yeah, I agree. You'd like to think that our midfield and forward line would cause pretty much every side they face a fair few problems. Ably supported by an additional threat from our full backs. Oh yeah, probably our strongest bench for some time as well.

Rumours on twitter that our team is:

Mignolet

Manquillo Lovren Sakho Moreno

Allen Gerrard Henderson

Sterling Sturridge Markovich

If that's correct then its about right. Coutinho would've been the only one to have been dropped from the team. He's been a bag of nails the first 2 matches and now that we have competition in attacking midfield the players need to know there's no guaranteed starts.

I'd be tempted to play Can instead of Allen, especially if we're playing Markovic instead of Coutinho. A bit more solidity, from what I've seen of Can thus far...

I don't think Can is up to speed yet. He was blowing on Monday. I think if/when he is up to speed, I agree he would probably replace Allen.

if that team's correct then I was right about The Leader of Men being UNBENCHABLE. Still think we'll win tho. Lazar will kill them.

You do realise it's not a pre-requisite of the site to have a boring twat keep recycling the same drivel day after day?

We get you don't rate Lovren, for the sake of everyone- yourself included, give it a fucking rest man.

• Upvote 8

Yeah, I agree. You'd like to think that our midfield and forward line would cause pretty much every side they face a fair few problems.

Maybe. But there are not a lot of natural goal scorers in our midfield, so we will have to rely heavily on Sturridge and Balotelli to do the business. Allen as the most advanced of the three midfielders is a nightmare.

I will NEVER give Lovren a chance, I know he's a red now etc. but he's just mediocre, I knew it, he won't get better, he's been always like that, he's 25, and we'll give away many goals because he won't be benched, he costed 20mil for fuck's sake. 20mil! Benatia costed 23mil, one of the best CBs in the world. 20mil for The Leader of Men? Fucking ABYSMAL business.

• Downvote 5

I will NEVER give Lovren a chance, I know he's a red now etc. but he's just mediocre, I knew it, he won't get better, he's been always like that, he's 25, and we'll give away many goals because he won't be benched, he costed 20mil for fuck's sake. 20mil! Benatia costed 23mil, one of the best CBs in the world. 20mil for The Leader of Men? Fucking ABYSMAL business.

You are an abysmal fan for not giving him a chance. 

• Upvote 1

Noted. What about the rest of the team?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Brig, I don't care if you give him a chance or not, but is there any chance you can lsy off the snipes and daft names. He's a new Liverpool player and not everybody (almost anybody) likes to continually read the same insulting stuff over and over. It's clear now what you think of him.

• Upvote 3

I don't think Can is up to speed yet. He was blowing on Monday. I think if/when he is up to speed, I agree he would probably replace Allen.

Yeah, my mate works for the club and he said Can was blowing out of his arse in the friendly we played at melwood the other week. 

Hes not fit enough to start. 

if that team's correct then I was right about The Leader of Men being UNBENCHABLE. Still think we'll win tho. Lazar will kill them.

It's likely Lazar won't even be in the first eleven. This is a big one because we have a confirmed bad start if we lose, so I'd guess Rodgers will keep him on the bench and go with someone he's more sure of. If he does start and we do well it'd be great, would prefer that to happen, but it seems like quite a risk.

Montenegran you massively wrong cock.

Serbia & Montenegro you clit, I'm too old and can't remember the split. Excuse my Alzheimer.

Brig, I don't care if you give him a chance or not, but is there any chance you can lsy off the snipes and daft names. He's a new Liverpool player and not everybody (almost anybody) likes to continually read the same insulting stuff over and over. It's clear now what you think of him.

You're right, but I was asked a question. I answered. But You're right, way too early to give him Johnson-esque abuse, 2 years from now.