You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham vs Liverpool (August 31st, 2014)

WhiskeyJar

sturridge   Mad Mario

sterling

Allen                      Henderson

Gerrard   

Moreno       Sakho              Lovren             Manquillo

Coutinho to come in for allen

Can  to sub in for Gerrard/Hendo

Lambert for Sterling/MM

This is feeling like a big game

International break coming up too, I hate going into them on the back of a draw or a loss, we need to get back on it here & it'll be a lot harder than it was last season.

Balotelli will start, no idea about the rest of the team but I can see Coutinho sitting it out after last night's display.

sturridge   Mad Mario

sterling

Allen                      Henderson

Gerrard   

Moreno       Sakho              Lovren             Manquillo

Coutinho to come in for allen

Can  to sub in for Gerrard/Hendo

Lambert for Sterling/MM

This is feeling like a big game

I'd stick with skrtel and let our center backs get to know each other better and do some East European bonding. Leave Sakho and Toure for back-up till we have one pair on the same page. Spurs look dangerous in attack.

I think Lamela is the one we are going to have to look out for. He had a shocking season last year due to injuries but has started this season well scoring and providing. I would start with:

Mignolet

Manquillo

Skrtel

Lovren

Moreno

Gerrard

Allen

Sterling

Henderson

Balotelli

Sturridge

I miss Sakho and he was ace in this fixture last season, so for that reason:

Ming

Manquillo Lovren Sakho Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson     Allen/Can

Sturridge     Balotelli    Sterling

Would like to see Coutinho instead of Allen/Can, but we forget that we are away at what is a very good side, despite us bumming them much goodness last year.

I miss Sakho and he was ace in this fixture last season, so for that reason:

Ming

Manquillo Lovren Sakho Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson     Allen/Can

Sturridge     Balotelli    Sterling

Would like to see Coutinho instead of Allen/Can, but we forget that we are away at what is a very good side, despite us bumming them much goodness last year.

I think if anyone's going to be moved to a wide position, it'll be Balotelli rather than Sturridge. 

Neither of them should be moved to a wide position. They are both garbage out wide.

I won't claim to be an expert on Balotelli, but I've been reading a few pieces which say he was arguably better there for Inter and City; it allowed him to avoid being isolated, he could also drop deeper to get involved with play and make runs from an angle which suited him.

I still think he'll partner Sturridge, but I wouldn't bet against him being used out wide at times.