You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

The only times he's been in the paper since he's joined us is for his off the field shite. Which I've actually no interest in what he does or doesn't do and if it's true or not. But it just sums up he can't make the back page of the paper for being you know good at scoring or assisting in goals for us.

I really really can't wait till we fuck him off and he's someone else problem.

Yeah, said this a few weeks ago, the terrifying thing about Balotelli from our point of view is that he appears to be more unable than unwilling to understand and follow orders.

This really should not have come as a surprise to anyone at the club involved in his signing. He's been a fucking imbecile for quite a while.

Vargas and Song, both out on loan, at QPR and West Ham respectively. A hard working, decent second string striker, enough quality to get a decent amount of goals in a side capable of playing good football, and a holding midfielder proven in the league.

On loan. Even if there were loan fees, we're talking a couple of million at the most. 

It's enough to make you cry. Why are we so fucking shit at transfers? Why?

• Upvote 2

The only times he's been in the paper since he's joined us is for his off the field shite. Which I've actually no interest in what he does or doesn't do and if it's true or not. But it just sums up he can't make the back page of the paper for being you know good at scoring or assisting in goals for us.

Not gonna happen unless the Premiership once more being awash with money tempts one of the (other?) straggler clubs to bid for him.  Otherwise, and maybe even then, the combination of his stock being at it's lowest ever point and our status as perennial mugs means a succession of loans is on the cards.

This really should not have come as a surprise to anyone at the club involved in his signing. He's been a fucking imbecile for quite a while.

Vargas and Song, both out on loan, at QPR and West Ham respectively. A hard working, decent second string striker, enough quality to get a decent amount of goals in a side capable of playing good football, and a holding midfielder proven in the league.

On loan. Even if there were loan fees, we're talking a couple of million at the most. 

It's enough to make you cry. Why are we so fucking shit at transfers? Why?

Aye, being able to spot that Balotelli was a duck egg resides in a similar bracket as "Jimmy Savile, eh.  Who would have thought it?"

its just not happening for him is it, thought he put a decent shift in today and showed some good footwork in tight areas at times, caught offside a few times which suggested he is making runs at least, but he too stupid to time them right. He carries zero goal threat at the moment. He WILL be better when sturridge comes back never a lone striker in  a million years, worryingly rogers has yet to grasp this.

its just not happening for him is it, thought he put a decent shift in today and showed some good footwork in tight areas at times, caught offside a few times which suggested he is making runs at least, but he too stupid to time them right. He carries zero goal threat at the moment. He WILL be better when sturridge comes back never a lone striker in  a million years, worryingly rogers has yet to grasp this.

In addition to not grasping that Lolvren is shite, Johnson is shite, Gerrard is fucked, Allen is a nothing, Borini is shite, Suso is decent, and Henderson is a wuss.

Apart from that, he's bang on top of it.

That's just utter bollox.

What has he done off the pitch that's been so bad?

And if people were willing to give him a break, they'd see that he's improving every game.

Obviously his starting point was fairly low, and he's still not a lone striker in a million years. But he's making unselfish runs*, defending from the front, and generally being a good team player.

I know he still makes bad decisions, and gets caught offside way too often.

But he was doing all that without working hard when he joined us. We seem to have cracked the work ethic part. Now to work on his game intelligence.

I think I've said it before, and if I haven't, I should've. The problem isn't Mario, even though he doesn't help himself. The problem is Rodgers' pigheadedness in playing him as a lone striker when he clearly isn't one.

* - He made a great run to give Can space for his goal yesterday. And you could actually see when the ball went in, Mario kinda punched the air with delight. Almost as if the run was justified to himself because the goal was scored.

• Upvote 2

He played ok yesterday. He's putting in more effort than I ever thought he would. And it's not his fault that the manager's tactics not only isolate him for huge periods of a match but are asking him to play a totally different role than he has done all his career.

Get him a partner up there and get some more bodies in the box from midfield when we attack and I'd be reasonably confident he'd show he's worth a place in the side.

• Upvote 3

He played ok yesterday. He's putting in more effort than I ever thought he would. And it's not his fault that the manager's tactics not only isolate him for huge periods of a match but are asking him to play a totally different role than he has done all his career.

Get him a partner up there and get some more bodies in the box from midfield when we attack and I'd be reasonably confident he'd show he's worth a place in the side.

I said the same at the game yesterday. For all his flaws, and he's got quite a few, Rodgers is doing him no favours whatsoever.

I said the same at the game yesterday. For all his flaws, and he's got quite a few, Rodgers is doing him no favours whatsoever.

He's an easy target. People near me screaming at him to track back and then moaning he's not found himself space a moment later when we've won the ball.

The fact is you need a Drogba or Costa based on yesterday's performance type striker to play the formation we are. Balotelli is never going to change his game enough to mirror what those two do almost naturally.

He's an easy target. People near me screaming at him to track back and then moaning he's not found himself space a moment later when we've won the ball.

The fact is you need a Drogba or Costa based on yesterday's performance type striker to play the formation we are. Balotelli is never going to change his game enough to mirror what those two do almost naturally.

Lambert, though far from perfect, would be a far better bet than Balotelli. At least he holds the ball up, makes relatively intelligent runs and gets into the box from time to time. I can't understand why he has played as little as he has. The lad strikes me as the kind of player who needs a run of games to show what he can do.

He is an easy target because he is crap.

This. I don't believe it's because he doesn't try or care. He's just a lumbering old fashioned center forward who needs a creative no 10 to play off. He just doesn't have the awareness, movement, positional sense or imagination to play as a lone striker.