You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have/Could you cheer a ManUre goal?

old skool tom

City could win the league from us by one point, or on goal difference and this point that people are happy for them to get tomorrow could make all the difference. 

Let's get it straight. We're Liverpool fans. Not United haters, although it could be argue that wishing them to not do well is part of being a Liverpool fan. 

But, the bottom line is Everton, United, whoever, if them winning a game enhances the chances of us winning our first title in 24 years, that should be the ONLY concern. Especially with United this season. They're fucked anyway, well off the pace, so it doesn't really matter, in terms of their threat to us or their overall finishing position, if they win tomorrow. 

I'll definitely be wanting them to win tomorrow (or City to lose). Fuck all this draw bollocks.

Cheer no but be happy yes.  I could never cheer them scoring but I could be happy with a result that benefited us.  

City need to drop points and I want Utd and Arsenal to take points of them.  Not rocket science.

Fuck I want Everton to take points of them and if it means they get into the top four, I am in.  

Anything that helps us I am in.

I'd rather celebrate Everton beating them later on in the season to help us win the league. A draw would be fine though. Preferably one where United are a few goals up and get pulled back late on in the game.

To be honest City have many tough matches to go and them/us winning the league wouldn't be that much affected by the game at OT tomorrow.

The mancs have really sunk to new depths. On Redcafe they're talking about laying down before City and deliberately getting turned over if it helps City to beat us to the title! I guess from their perspective, if a defeat at home to City also hastens the departure of Moyes, it's a bonus.

• Upvote 1

The mancs have really sunk to new depths. On Redcafe they're talking about laying down before City and deliberately getting turned over if it helps City to beat us to the title! I guess from their perspective, if a defeat at home to City also hastens the departure of Moyes, it's a bonus.

Yeah, but we've got folk on here hoping for a flaming draw tonight because they don't want to see Man Utd win! Mental.

• Upvote 1

Oh ffs the vast majority of Mancs will be desperate to beat City. I think its 4 out of the last 5 they've lost now. I daresay there would be handful of mentally challenged reds that would want us to lose to Everton if it damaged Utd. If were going to have a pop at Utd there is plenty of real ammunition lying around 

OK some might just be set in their ways but I've been sensing a bit of 'one-up-manship' from a few of those claiming they want United to win tonight, despite the result not being in our best interests. It's as if they feel it make them appear like better Liverpool supporters for it. Either that or it's some kind of Evertonian esque 'hate our rivals more than we support our own team' type syndrome.

If United help us to the title by taking points off City, no one's going to look back through the history books and remember tonight's result. All anyone will recall was that in 2013-14 Liverpool were champions of England. End of.

I don't care. I just want success for Liverpool. If Rooney, Evra or whichever c#nt scores a late winner I will be dancing around my living room!!

Put it this way. Who do you think Brendan Rodgers will be supporting this evening?