You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham vs Liverpool (Sunday 6th of April 2014)

WhiskeyJar

article-0-1CE2C90600000578-284_634x435.j

That has to be a penalty, whether he touched the ball or not.

I can see the argument if he comes out, gets the ball, and in the same motion takes out the player. But here he touches the ball, then grabs Flanagan's leg. It's not part of one move, it's two seperate moves, and the second is a foul.

• Upvote 1

A giant win against a nasty little fat Sam side. Well in Brendan and the lads, I could only see it in bits and bobs as I was working but I saw the penalty incidents and the fat fucker can fucking do one the bitter former Real Madrid insane clown twat.

Come on you mighty red men!

• Upvote 1

Not everyone gets on to have a whinge. I was buzzing so much after we beat Juventus at home in 2005 that I had to get on to say what the ground is all about and how I hoped we would never leave. 

I've been on a few times and never to moan. You keep that to yourself. Like cunts who boo at the ground. You don't do that. You don't know who could be listening.

A couple of little stats that have slipped by unmentioned.

Gerrards second penalty was our 90th Premier League goal this season. Unbelievable when you think our previous best was 78 and we still have 5 games to go. We may yet make the ton.

Although it ended in reality some time back, our three points today make it mathematically impossible for Utd to retain the title. We are seventeen points ahead of them and they only have five games left. And doesn't that feel good. So pleased that it was us who hammered that final nail into their coffin lid.

• Upvote 2

Sakho was good today , but when he passes the ball he reminds me a game I used to have years ago where you pressed the players head down & the foot just stiff-kicked it.

To be fair he usually finds a team mate.

The way he moves just looks so ungainly and indecisive that you think that he must be crap, but his passes are spot on and he decisively wins the lions share of challanges. He will be great for us for a long time.

I think it was a penalty. The second one.

But, my detailed take on it is that I couldn't really give a flying fuck if it was or wasn't. Argue it's not or it was debatable, if so, we're not the first, not will be the last team to win a game by a debatable refereeing decision. If that penalty wasn't given, people would likely be laughing about us dropping points, and taking extra pleasure that it was because of a refereeing clanger. So, they can't have it both ways and later complain when an alleged second clanger from the same ref goes in our favour.

Plus, either directly or indirectly via our rivals picking up points, we've suffered from poor officiating in the past. Now refereeing decisions seem to be going in our favour (although I even debate this, given some of the horrendous calls we've had against us this season), fuck it. It's long overdue.

They were both blatant penalties. 3 points are 3 points, no matter what. If those 3 points win us the league, that will in no way cheapen my enjoyment of our title success, because we got 2 pens in one game.

So, let people moan. It's in the past. We won. Fairly and squarely. On to the next game.

Excellent win. Baffled at the debate about the penalty, it was stonewall, just because the guy touched the ball before hauling Flanno to the floor by his ankle doesnt make it acceptable.

It amazes me how many of the pundits guess the laws of football. How many of them have clearly never read them, obviously I'm excusing Jamie Redknapp here as there's no way he's ever learnt to read. Poor lad can barely speak.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who calls 606 is. 606 is like a magnet for wankers.

Certainly is . I also heard the tool that wanted the fouled player to have to take the pen.

He was basically whingeing because Stevie is very good at taking pens

The fact that these cuckoos get air time says all you need it know about the programme

Stevie was saying after the game that West Ham used every cheap tactic to get the points. Made the coach park a mile away. Didn't water the pitch. Put the heat up in our dressing room so it was hot in there.

Enjoy that fat bastard of a manager you have you southern cunts. 

Where's that from mate?