You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham vs Liverpool (Sunday 6th of April 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Taylor is a uselesss twat. First penalty was a penalty and a red card. Equaliser was a foul. The second penalty wasn't.  

Still, given they should have been one nil down and down a man I don't see how West Ham can complain.

I thought the second was a pen too, the keeper tugged Flanno's ankle after getting just a minor touch on the ball.

With that said, I don't think the ref thought it was a pen, and we would never have got that had the Lex Luthor tribute act not already fucked up so badly for their equaliser.

• Upvote 1

Second pen was nailed on as well. Flanno had pushed it past him despite the keepers touch and was going clear of him and was fouled as he went past. I thought Skrtel was really good against Carroll. In seasons gone Skrtel would have got bullied. Balls of Adamantium from Stevie.

I wouldn't start Lucas next week either, but Stevie was spot on, he was excellent. Provided a calm we missed in the first half.

Sakho was also good considering his lack of recent football.

Just so relieved to have won this game. A tough match that we fought really hard for the three points.

What balls gerrard has! Great penalties and his long passing was superb today. Sakho was brilliant as was the whole defence. Got to say these tight wins at the end of the season are crucial it the results that count. Special mention to Brendon , bringing on Lucas was a masterstroke, we controlled the midfield and he was a calming influence.

Beat City and the title is ours I reckon. Chelsea progressing in the CL might not be the worst thing in the world either, or extra time at least. 

Beat City, hope Swansea do us a favour against Chelsea and we're laughing. 

No chance and very premature to think like that.

Still 1 or 2 more shocks to come yet.

Tough game that, every time you think we might flounder we don't, the players and Brendan deserve immense credit regardless of where we finish, they've made this our most exciting end to a season since I was 10, and that's what their job is at the end of the day, to send you to bed happy and make Monday mornings in work feel a bit happier, we've not had our fair share of that as big European clubs go in recent years, well in lads.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

A few things to say about that: firstly, "it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning is winning". Never a truer word spoken. Three points against a shithouse team with a shitcunt manager playing shithouse football with shithouse players. Take that you fucking pub football cunts. Secondly, Brendan Rodgers won that game as much as Gerrard or whoever, the tactical switch up was right on the money. Thirdly, hats of to Lucas Leiva today. I thought he was dodgy in the final third, but when he came on he controlled play, calmed things down, and did a good job of controlling the central areas in a way that Coutinho can't (and, to be honest, shouldn't be expected to - which is why Allen would have started if he could have). Fourthly, fuck Sam Allerdyce for what he said about Flano. I'm not having that at all, the prick. He called him a diver, and whilst I have reservations about the lad (including today), he's as brave and honest as the day is long. The keeper took his fucking legs out. Allerdyci made himself look like a right fucking weapon when he was saying that and the replay was being played behind him. Cunt.

Finally, onto next week. Can't see anything other than an away win.

Good performance. Skrtel and Sakho in particular were excellent. I thought it would be an easier game than that but West Ham were very well organized and tough to break down. It wasn't pretty to watch, but we did what we had to do to get over the line.

Second pen was definitely a pen for me. I don't see what all the fuss is about.