You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

How do you know his twitter handle if you know nothing about him? It's not as if it's something like @Frode/CodeTLW, one you could find quite easily.

Cos - if indeed you aren't Code- doesn't that show you up to be the obsessed one? For all the zillion times I've seen him mentioned on here, I don't think I've ever seen his twitter posted up.

473416.jpg

Okay Chief final post on Frodmania as it is clogging up the transferstuff. I posted two tweets and one was from Frode and another from John. They were stuff I saw posted on twitter never meet them could not pick them out from anyone if I meet them. Just agreed with the points they were making. I was then exposed as Frod due to this stuff from twitter.

Once we get Moreno and a good striker I think we are good to go, hopefully Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho and Henderson gain more confidence from last season. I think Markovic is a fast skilful player who will be suited to this league. Was impressed with Lovren last season and he looks calm and authorative, he'll be very useful from set plays too. Long term we need to get shut of Glen Johnson and maybe get a strong holding midfielder as Lucas will probably leave, haven't seen enough of Can to form an opinion yet and not sure where Joe Allen will fit in this season.

I'm quietly optimistic about the season and can't wait to see who we get in the Champions League.

• Upvote 1

I think its BS but what the hell:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/08/10/exclusive-liverpool-on-the-verge-of-completing-stunning-47m-deal-to-sign-psg-forward-edinson-cavani/

Exclusive: Liverpool On the Verge of Completing Stunning £47m Deal to Sign PSG Forward Edinson Cavani

Liverpool are close to securing a club record deal to sign PSG star Edinson Cavani.

The Anfield side have registered a €60m (£47m) bid for the 27 year old and the Parc des Princes outfit is said to be ready to accept such a deal as they look to sell the Uruguayan ahead of a fresh move for Real Madrid winger Angel di Maria.

CaughtOffside understands that a number of other sides are also keen on Cavani though Liverpool are thought to be leading the chase as they look to bring in the former Napoli man to replace his fellow countryman Luis Suarez, who has of course left to join Barcelona.

Read more Liverpool FC news.
Liverpool’s owners are ready to bankroll such a bid as they seek to issue a real statement of intent ahead of the club’s return to Champions League action.

Brendan Rodgers has been actively pursuing a replacement for Suarez in recent weeks and saw a move for Loic Remy collapse due to a failed medical and many sources have claimed the Merseyside club are ready to make a move for a high-profile capture to end Liverpool’s extensive summer spending spree.

Cavani is unsettled as PSG, unhappy at playing second fiddle to Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Laurent Blanc’s insistence on playing him out in a wide role to accommodate the Swedish international.

Cavani can fuck right off, the gobshite. He was mouthing off last summer when the Suarez to Arsenal shite was going on.

Here is one little quote from the weird faced tit....

‘The Liverpool coach can talk about loyalty and disrespect, but maybe he needs to look up what it means,’ said Cavani.

‘Luis had the chance last year to join a big club like Juventus, who went on to win the league in Italy.‘But, instead, he chose to stay and fight with Liverpool. Now, that’s what you call loyalty.

‘I’ve known about his agreement with Liverpool and understood that he would be leaving, if they were not playing in the Champions League.’

• Upvote 1

The mad thing is we can afford to go and spend £50m on Cavani and along with what we pay for Moreno we'll still have a net spend of less than. £60m providing we can sell Borini, Agger and Assaidi for the reported fees.

I don't think we will though, nor should we. Sturridge has earnt his go at being the main man and I'd rather concentrate on giving him a support striker that will help him flourish. It's more likely we'll sign Lavezzi for that role IMO.

Cavani can fuck right off, the gobshite. He was mouthing off last summer when the Suarez to Arsenal shite was going on.

‘The Liverpool coach can talk about loyalty and disrespect, but maybe he needs to look up what it means,’ said Cavani.

‘Luis had the chance last year to join a big club like Juventus, who went on to win the league in Italy.‘But, instead, he chose to stay and fight with Liverpool. Now, that’s what you call loyalty.

‘I’ve known about his agreement with Liverpool and understood that he would be leaving, if they were not playing in the Champions League.’

Dunno about you, but I'm as fickle as fuck. If it means a world class player replaces another, so be it. He's been a right prick there, but then they nearly all have been at some point.

Same as every single fan who's been screaming at- and about- Suarez would suck off their own cousin if he were to sign for them.

vXkj0hl.gif

Dunno about you, but I'm as fickle as fuck. If it means a world class player replaces another, so be it. He's been a right prick there, but then they nearly all have been at some point.

Same as every single fan who's been screaming at- and about- Suarez would suck off their own cousin if he were to sign for them.

Slight problem, he isn't World Class.

• Upvote 1

I can't stand the tit. He's even got a dead snidey face that I'd never get tired of smashing with a hammer. He's not even that good.

vXkj0hl.gif

Slight problem, he isn't World Class.

He's scored 129 goals in his last 4 seasons (played about 170 games). He might not be Suarez but he's a great goal scorer.

Would raise all kinds of questions about who plays where. Might disrupt the squad.

Not really our type of signing either, he's older than what you would think we would go for bit I reckon he would get us enough goals to get us back in the champions league next season which is worth a shit load of money so the transfer might pay for itself