You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread 2014 - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

Did I just actually read comparisons with Klopp and Rodgers?

Maybe when Rodgers has won the league and CL then he would get some slack cut for him but the fact is he has won fuck all and this is now his 3rd year in charge means he has to earn it.

I didn't expect anything from the Madrid game and I don't want him sacked yet but the defence is a fucking joke and the way he has set them up is a joke, last year Suarez massively masked it and now he has gone but the defence and coaching remain, if he can't see his own shortcomings he will never become a top coach and the fact he doesn't seem bothered about getting soneone in to drill the defence suggest that.

If he gets us a top 4 finish this year he will have done well with bedding a new squad and the loss of Suarez, if he doesn't then it will look like it was infact Suarez that had the biggest hand in last seasons challenge.

He has still got everything to prove and silly comparisons with Klopp being shown patience wont help him.

• Upvote 6

Gerrard should be dropped for a few games. 

Balotelli should start up-front with Lambert against Hull. 

Coutinho was brilliant in the first 20 minutes against Real madrid, I did a sex wee

Lovren and Sakho is the long term answer, Skrtel is back to being a lump 

Mignolet should be replaced in the summer, ideally with Lloris 

Vertonghen is out of favour with Pochettino, he should be here and i'd swap Lovren, Sakho or Skrtel for him 

I still don't think Allen is good enough and think we should be looking at 2 top central midfielders, one defensive and one creative

Mike Marsh is more scouse than Liverpool Lad 

I still want someone else to start a thread about shot hey would like to see replace Rodgers if the unthinkable ever did happen 

• Upvote 1

I don't think Rodgers has got the stones to drop him, and I think he really wants to as well.

I believe it to be the case. You can understand why though, given what Stevie has achieved and what he can bring when he's on his game.

I still think Stevie has a lot to offer, but as a sub and in the attacking half of the pitch. Not as the nearest man to the keeper when we are in possession. I think it's madness.

• Upvote 1

He's won two league titles, a domestic cup, and got to a Champions League final. I think his point is still valid, the comparisons with Rodgers are absurd.

It's mental Klopp and Rodgers should not be spoken of in the same sentence. Rodgers is a tougher and media savvy version of Keegan as things stand. Hopefully he can get to the next stage and win a Champions League or League or outwit coaches across Europe on a regular basis.

I believe it to be the case. You can understand why though, given what Stevie has achieved and what he can bring when he's on his game.

I still think Stevie has a lot to offer, but as a sub and in the attacking half of the pitch. Not as the nearest man to the keeper when we are in possession. I think it's madness.

Yeah, I'd have Stevie playing 50% of the games as a number 10 (the other 50% not playing, rather than playing elsewhere). Or coming off the bench for the last 20/25 minutes in the same position.

I can understand Rodgers not dropping him, how the fuck does he go about approaching the situation? Dropping arguably the best player to have ever played for the club. He'll also get more stick for us being shit without Gerrard in the side, than us being shit with him in it.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I'd have Stevie playing 50% of the games as a number 10 (the other 50% not playing, rather than playing elsewhere). Or coming off the bench for the last 20/25 minutes in the same position.

I can understand Rodgers not dropping him, how the fuck does he go about approaching the situation? Dropping arguably the best player to have ever played for the club. He'll also get more stick for us being shit without Gerrard in the side, than us being shit with him in it.

I cant believe he keeps dropping Souness and Dalglish if i'm honest.

Apart from other things, Rodgers needs to shut up a little. Wanking away about Hodgo and the England set-up being to blame for Sturridge's injury. Result: Sturridge hurt immediately in our training. Now he's going on about Balotelli endlessly, this after his captain and vice-captain made tough talk before the RM game, only for both to play like shit and one end up getting subbed.

Pressure is on Lambert to start, pressure will be doubled as he, too, has done nothing so far. Time for the team to start producing on the pitch instead of the manager gobbing it up for the press.

Klopp's never won the CL.

My memory isn't what it used to be but as Jairzihno said the point stands, I don't actually mind Rodgers that much but unless he realises how to master all areas of the game then he will ultimately fail.

I remember someone on here saying shortly after his appointment that his teams had always conceded high numbers and that's what we have had since he has been here, it's his 3rd year and he doesn't seem to have accepted you need to be able to defend well alongside having a good attack, that's what frustrates me because if he can get to grips with organising a defence alongside the attack then he could be a top manager, if he isn't strong about that side then bring someone who is in staff.

Well he should start by buying better midfielders than Gerrard.  He hasn't done that yet tho.

I think many are now under valuing Gerrard probably because of the beast he once was. He is still a very good player and prepared to die for the cause . Were lucky to have him .

Chelsea probably binned off Fwank too soon and he walked into Citehs team

He usually comes on in the last 20 minutes, and plays an attacking role. Which is what many fans want us to do with Gerrard.

City wouldn't play Lampard twice a week as the holding midfielder. Because that would be fucking stupid.

I don't get the excitement watching us now without Suarez, it's gone, and last season was kind of like watching a Tyson fight in the late 80's, the excitement of watching an unstoppable force smash his way through all opposition, uncontested, and the knowingness of that, that it was 100% certain to happen as well and everyone was powerless to stop it.

Now it's like watching Tyson from 1995 onwards, your hoping that he'll rekindle what he once was but deep inside you know it's not there anymore, you know without Cus (or without Suarez) that it's impossible. 

• Upvote 1