You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread 2014 - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

Basically, you post things you happen to think, but that you're not usually too keen to broadcast on the rest of the forum, without the threat of reprisal, judgement or tarring. Just to clarify, breaking of amnesty is, according to the GF constitution, a very serious crime and will be dealt with the fury of God's own thunder.

I still think Johnson is quality.

I think letting Spearing and Shelvey go was a mistake.

I don't like having Dalglish as a non-executive director. It seems largely symbolic and totally beneath him.

I don't rate Kolo Toure.

Over to you.

We remain too sentimental but are finally starting to get over it.

Johnson is rapidly going from overrated to disgrace to the shirt.

We're better without Gerrard.

We should have kept Shelvey.

We should be committed to winning the league this year.

Lucas, even at his best, was not really up to much, and his limitations mean his role, and contribution, is smaller than any comparable player in that position.

Kuyt was a liability and cost us far more than he contributed.

Neither Garcia and Benayoun were top-half-of-the-premiership players.  

Nor was Baros.

And as for Ngog.

We wasted the opportunity with the Sahin loan and I was sorry to see him go.  

I quite liked Aquilani and I would have been happy to see him stay and fight for his place.

I think Allen is a better player than Henderson.

We massively overrate the potential of most of our kids in the reserve/U21 teams.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The captain needs to be dropped. Can't pass short, nor does he move after passing. Allen and Henderson are the future and they need somebody with pace, short passing and quality tackling to back them up.

I feel like a piece of shit for thinking it. Play him where he adds something or drop him.

• Upvote 5