You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread 2014 - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

It is a bit like people can't wait to have a moan though. After 5 minutes yesterday people were going mental on Twitter. I think LFC fans need to be a bit more Jungian.

Well, moaners will always outgun those with a positive view.  It was ever thus.

Positives from yesterday:

1.  We won!

2.  Some of our players recovering from injury got some game time.

I suspect it would have been much much easier to be positive about this game overall had I not watched it.  That's where I'm going wrong.    

People who post online when the game is on are complete twats.

How can you watch the game & post at the same time? I don't go anywhere near the internet when the game is on.

It's quite easy, you just set up often used shortcuts such as "Fucking hell, we're shit", "Fuck off Johnson", "Balotelli is utter wank", "Lovren is turd", "Mignolet looking shaky", "How shit have we been?", etc, and post them via the touch of one button at regular intervals during the 90 minutes.  They've stood me in good stead this season, that's for sure. 

• Upvote 5

People who post online when the game is on are complete twats.

How can you watch the game & post at the same time? I don't go anywhere near the internet when the game is on.

You could write a book while watching our shit. And not a very good book. Certainly not Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNabb.

Ah, he'll end up supporting Liverpool. If I didn't do it, my wife would do it in my stead and she'd be right. I suppose the fact that I'm having these thoughts shows I'll never be the real deal as a supporter. It's part of her heritage, it's not part of mine. Still, I don't think it's unreasonable to question whether the pleasure is worth all the pain (financial pain included).

This Manc team is similar to ours

Both have a suspect keeper (athough theirs is better)

Both have a shit defence,

Both have an average midfield (although ours is better)

Both are half decent up front (although theirs is better)

They have a world class player

We don't

The race for 4th is going to be ridiculous

United have as much chance at the title as we do.

Unfortunately however I'd make them favourites for fourth, as I don't believe we'll sign a striker in January, have little faith we'd buy well even if we did, and what we have makes Old Mother Hubbard's supplies look like Costco.

United have as much chance at the title as we do.

They have a better keeper and better attacking players. Both defences and midfields are poor. They also have fewer games to concentrate on. And they'll probably splash more cash in January.

But they still won't win the league...