You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread 2014 - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

Ah not the fucking portrait stuff again. This is too much. Hammer him for what we're seeing on the pitch - that's absolutely fair. Stop bringing up bullshit reasons to fling faeces at him.

He's not allowed to go and watch the X Factor now either, didn't you get the memo?

For his critics,the blonde bimbo,x factor and self portrait are ammunition so are easy pickings.

They are largely irrelevant,although the marriage break up could easily effect his professional behaviour and point towards a more fragile state of mind?

I like to keep my criticism to the poor transfers and tactics but the off the field stuff is to be expected in a crisis like now.

I think with all the shit that goes on behind the scenes in football, bribary, gambling, gang bangs, underworld shit, drug abuse, I think getting your teeth whitened and getting a younger bird are pretty tame to be honest.

Rodgers in entitled to do what he wants in his life to make himself happy like every other human being.

So what if he got his fucking teeth done, he would have been seeing a lot more of himself on tv and papers when he became lfc manager, if he was self concious about his teeth whats the problem with him getting them done, its not like hes done a michael jackson or something.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers in entitled to do what he wants in his life to make himself happy like every other human being.

So what if he got his fucking teeth done, he would have been seeing a lot more of himself on tv and papers when he became lfc manager, if he was self concious about his teeth whats the problem with him getting them done, its not like hes done a michael jackson or something.

Would be class if he did go full Jacko.

"Brendan, what do you say to those who think you should have a defensive midfielder?"

"It's ignorance, you're just being ignorant".

It has allways 

I didn't like seeing Kenny like that either, but it wasn't at all inevitable that his demeanour would have been the same or got worse if he'd stayed in the job. It was the direct result of two things: the shit over the racism affair and the handshake, and the fact that the owners refused to defend the club, the players and him from all the vitriol and bullshit that the media was throwing; and the run of poor results which had him facing the sack.

If he'd started a new season having had the chance to spend a decent transfer budget, I'm sure he would have been a lot more chipper. A line would hopefully have been drawn under the racism episode, and he'd have been looking forward to a fresh start in the league and in Europe with an improved squad.

He loves the club, and it was obvious to everyone how much it meant to him to be back in the dugout after his first spell was cut short. After he was sacked I watched the footage of him walking round the pitch at the end of the last home game of the season, v Chelsea a few days after the cup final. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but watching it again with the knowledge that he knew it would almost certainly be the last time he'd be in front of the Anfield crowd as manager, the pain in his expression was palpable.

If you can find it, watch the footage. If you love the man, it's more heartbreaking than seeing him getting shitty in front of a microphone could ever be. 

It infuriates me how Kennny’s been criticized for the way he handled the Suarez- Evra incident. “Unprofessional” seems to be a common word from the majority of the press and also a lot of fans.

The fact is Kenny, and Kenny alone, was the only man at our club who conducted himself with any dignity at all. The cowards who was too afraid to see what happened can fuck right off.

My respect for our current owners dropped to zero after that.

• Upvote 2

I preferred watching Torres at his best rather than watching Suarez at his best last season. Just could never fully warm to Suarez and his niggly weirdness/madness.

Agree with that, from word go Suarez had a face on him, never really warmed to him. Suarez was a creator but I preferred watching the pace and power of Torres, an out and out centre forward. Would hace loved to see them both play together in their pomp though, no exaggeration to say it would have been one of the best strike partnerships in world football history.

Agree with that, from word go Suarez had a face on him, never really warmed to him. Suarez was a creator but I preferred watching the pace and power of Torres, an out and out centre forward. Would hace loved to see them both play together in their pomp though, no exaggeration to say it would have been one of the best strike partnerships in world football history.

I think Torres had his perfect partner tbh (Gerrard).

• Upvote 1

I don't think this season is the complete disaster a lot of people are making it out to be.  It's disappointing, no doubt, but too many people are losing perspective and panicking.

Last year was a wild ride and we ended higher than any of us thought possible.  This season was always going to be a bit of a flat, hungover return to reality.  True, it's started worse than we'd all hoped, but we're still within easy striking distance of Champions' league qualification and we have three cup competitions to go for.

Let's win some shit. 

I don't think this season is the complete disaster a lot of people are making it out to be.  It's disappointing, no doubt, but too many people are losing perspective and panicking.

Last year was a wild ride and we ended higher than any of us thought possible.  This season was always going to be a bit of a flat, hungover return to reality.  True, it's started worse than we'd all hoped, but we're still within easy striking distance of Champions' league qualification and we have three cup competitions to go for.

Let's win some shit. 

That's true, still plenty of games to play for.

I'm stuck in two minds almost everytime I think about us at the minute. There's still plenty of points up for grabs and cups to win. 

But we've been so utterly terrible its hard to look and see any future positives coming. We're unbeaten in 5 now but we've still been fairly poor. 

In saying that, I do believe we'll hit a patch of good form and the shite form of a lot of our rivals does give some hope. 

Said over on the MF I fully expect us to start playing better when the pressure and expectation is off us to do anything this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see us lose the next 2 games against the Mancs and Arsenal and then go on a 8 game winning streak or something like that.