You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

3 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Not sure if these are real quotes, and I'm even less sure about whether to post it here or in the UFC thread. 

FB_IMG_1540833010275.jpg

FB_IMG_1540833001550.jpg

FB_IMG_1540832989651.jpg

On his first visit to the United Arab Emirates capital Abu Dhabi, Khabib told daily newspaper Al Ittihad that he follows Liverpool winger Mohamed Salah and thinks highly of him.

“I never met him before but I follow him, he is a great player and we need more people like him to reflect our ethics and present us properly to the rest of the world,” the fighter told Al Ittihad newspaper.

“He made a name of himself because he is disciplined. I feel that Allah is by his side. The new generations need those who are like Mohamed Salah to learn more about how you can be modest, no matter how famous and innovative you are.

“He’s an icon that we should take care of and help reach more success. I admire him and admire the ethics he is spreading every day in Europe.”

On 10/27/2018 at 11:17 AM, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don't see why Mo Salah would want to go to Madrid right now. But if they want to pony up 400m, then I guess I'd deal. Mo Salah would be an outcast in Madrid within a few months. He could be a legend here. Although, I have to admit, he certainly doesn't look like he wants to be at Liverpool. Everything about his demeanour is wrong, everything about the way he carries himself on the pitch looks like he doesn't want to be around. At the end of last season, he looked like he wanted to be at the club. I'm surprised if he wants to fuck off, but if that's the case then it's a shame. Reading between the lines and probably totally wrong, it seems like we had a big offer for him in the summer and we turned it down despite him wanting to go.

I genuinely thought this was a sarcastic post as Salah looks nothing like this to me.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I genuinely thought this was a sarcastic post as Salah looks nothing like this to me.

Both Salah and Mane seem a bit down in the dumps this season to me.  Last season everyone was all smiles all the time.  Maybe it is something to do with being a bit off form, but even when we have scored they don't look too happy.

Maybe it's a hangover from last season and the Champions League final, or they're just feeling a bit more pressure to win stuff this year.

The vibe is definitely a bit less fun though.

I know they celebrated the goals together in that Cardiff game but there were times where Salah and Mane gave out vibes to each other like I make the runs and score so your job is to feed me kinda thing. When the obvious pass was there they took it like Salah assist for Mane's 2nd and Mane sent Salah clear only for the goalie to get to the ball 1st. But when it was about 50/50, they both wanted to make the same run and leave the ball to each other, often wasting possession and opportunity in attacking third.

It worked out well for us in that game, both of them were heavily involved in all goals so no harm done this time around. In a tighter game against better opponent though, this could well cost us points. 

Anyone feels the same or am I making stuff up again? 

1 hour ago, Luckyhillkop said:

I know they celebrated the goals together in that Cardiff game but there were times where Salah and Mane gave out vibes to each other like I make the runs and score so your job is to feed me kinda thing. When the obvious pass was there they took it like Salah assist for Mane's 2nd and Mane sent Salah clear only for the goalie to get to the ball 1st. But when it was about 50/50, they both wanted to make the same run and leave the ball to each other, often wasting possession and opportunity in attacking third.

It worked out well for us in that game, both of them were heavily involved in all goals so no harm done this time around. In a tighter game against better opponent though, this could well cost us points. 

Anyone feels the same or am I making stuff up again? 

I think this is a problem for Liverpool so far this season.  We are often caught making similar runs around the opposition box, actually condensing space.  If our front runners ran a little more angled we'd be quite a few goals better off.

1 hour ago, mgw100 said:

I have read his demeanour as frustration in regard to his slow start to the season. If we had received a big offer from one of the Barcelona or Madrid, I suspect we would know about it via the daily updates from their media outlets and players. 

We would have heard about it from their players in the media, saying how they would welcome Mo to the #insert Spanish cunt of a club here# family.

1 hour ago, mgw100 said:

I have read his demeanour as frustration in regard to his slow start to the season. If we had received a big offer from one of the Barcelona or Madrid, I suspect we would know about it via the daily updates from their media outlets and players. 

Correct. Genuine interest from either of the Spanish bullies would be too big to hide. 

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Aye, he has been a bundle of fucking joy this season. What with him throwing bottles and not celebrating goals. 

The bottle chucking incident which was a non story is still being brought up even now when we are top of the league(almost) and we are scoring goals again? Seems strange timing.

9 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Both Salah and Mane seem a bit down in the dumps this season to me.  Last season everyone was all smiles all the time.  Maybe it is something to do with being a bit off form, but even when we have scored they don't look too happy.

Maybe it's a hangover from last season and the Champions League final, or they're just feeling a bit more pressure to win stuff this year.

The vibe is definitely a bit less fun though.

I've noticed this from most of the team, it could be any number of reasons none of which are worth worrying about. 

Could be hangover from last year. 

Could be that because we haven't been scoring a great deal they haven't been as relaxed, it's very good scoring a goal but there's still work to do mentality. 

Tiredness from playing so much. 

The attacking play hasn't been as free flowing as last year, so the goals have been a bit scrappy instead of as a result of beautiful play so they get less excited about tap ins vs Cardiff. 

Klopp has admitted he's going a bit more defensively this year, so maybe the front three are frustrated that they aren't able to play the way the most enjoy. 

Maybe it's knowing this team is due a trophy, and it's going to take 100% focus to bring it home, so no getting giddy about beating the dregs. 

Mohamed Salah has revealed he began plotting his move to Liverpool when he left his native Egypt six years ago.

The 26-year-old joined Swiss side Basel in 2012, and then moved to Chelsea - who beat Liverpool to his signature - two years later.

However, Salah struggled to break into the team at Stamford Bridge, and spent time in Italy with Fiorentina and Roma before finally arriving at Anfield last summer.

Salah reached 50 goals for Liverpool in just 65 matches when he scored against Red Star Belgrade - the quickest any player has reached the mark for the club.

Speaking about his "dream" move to the Reds to Liverpool's official website, he said: "It's famous all over the world - and with a lot of supporters in the Middle East - so I think I first heard of Liverpool when I was 10 or 11.

"The story of me playing as them on my PlayStation is true; sometimes it was as other teams, but most of the time I was Liverpool.

"Back then, I could never have imagined I'd be here one day, but it was always a dream of mine and you have to try and follow them.

"When I went to Basel from Egypt, I had a plan in my mind that I would hopefully one day come to Liverpool. There was a chance before, but at the time it didn't work for both sides.

"When there was interest again last year, I was very interested in coming to Liverpool straight away in my head, but you also have to see what the plan for you is and how you will fit into it."

Meanwhile, Salah's team-mates Jordan Henderson and Naby Keita have completed individual training sessions on Thursday ahead of Liverpool's Premier League clash at Arsenal on Saturday evening.

Henderson has missed the last two matches with injury, while Keita has not played for Liverpool for nearly a month because of a muscle issue.

8 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Mohamed Salah has revealed he began plotting his move to Liverpool when he left his native Egypt six years ago.

The 26-year-old joined Swiss side Basel in 2012, and then moved to Chelsea - who beat Liverpool to his signature - two years later.

However, Salah struggled to break into the team at Stamford Bridge, and spent time in Italy with Fiorentina and Roma before finally arriving at Anfield last summer.

Salah reached 50 goals for Liverpool in just 65 matches when he scored against Red Star Belgrade - the quickest any player has reached the mark for the club.

Speaking about his "dream" move to the Reds to Liverpool's official website, he said: "It's famous all over the world - and with a lot of supporters in the Middle East - so I think I first heard of Liverpool when I was 10 or 11.

"The story of me playing as them on my PlayStation is true; sometimes it was as other teams, but most of the time I was Liverpool.

"Back then, I could never have imagined I'd be here one day, but it was always a dream of mine and you have to try and follow them.

"When I went to Basel from Egypt, I had a plan in my mind that I would hopefully one day come to Liverpool. There was a chance before, but at the time it didn't work for both sides.

"When there was interest again last year, I was very interested in coming to Liverpool straight away in my head, but you also have to see what the plan for you is and how you will fit into it."

Meanwhile, Salah's team-mates Jordan Henderson and Naby Keita have completed individual training sessions on Thursday ahead of Liverpool's Premier League clash at Arsenal on Saturday evening.

Henderson has missed the last two matches with injury, while Keita has not played for Liverpool for nearly a month because of a muscle issue.

He's leaving isn't he?

15 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

"Always my dream to play for Liverpool" 

Has the chance to play for Liverpool, but chooses Chelsea instead. 

He's a bad mercenary, get rid, we don't need people like him at the club. 

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He's leaving isn't he?

1 minute ago, Aventus said:

"Always my dream to play for Liverpool" 

Has the chance to play for Liverpool, but chooses Chelsea instead. 

He's a bad mercenary, get rid, we don't need people like him at the club. 

The timing of the quote seems odd and even the content seems a little weird. Playstation, occasionally other teams. Six years plotting. How many years has he been plotting his next move? 

Great player, mind.