You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea Away - 29/12/2013

Xherdan

Have to reinforce this window. Maybe young smith was used to ram that point home to owners.

looking ahead we need to replace skrtel agger and johnson. The way we play is so open we need better defenders to get us out of jail at back.

next 2 games hull at home an stoke away. 6 points from those and we are back on track with 42 from 21. Rodgers said our target is 2 points per game this season.

I know Lucas has his fans and I thought he was fantastic in that period just before his injury but we really need to be looking to get in a holding midfielder with more aggression and mobility.

He hasn't been the same since his injury and should be replaced.  This should have happened ages ago.

6 points off the top with an easier second half of the season isn't that bad.

we have played all the away matches against good sides bar man united so we have city, chelsea, everton etc at anfield to come.

just need a response against hull

city and chelsea are probably going to end the season in 1st and 2nd.

going into these past 4 games, i would have been happy with 4 pts. we got 6. just need to calm down a bit.

Our squad is what you get when money is an object and you are carrying injuries to a number of first team players. It's no surprise. Also, playing back to back games against top sides when we have very little scope for resting players, it's inevitable that we are going to have periods when energy/concentration levels are low. That was our first half today.

Second half was better, but  Oscar and arguably Eto'o (although that would have been a bit harsh) should have gone and the shove on Suarez was certainly a penalty. Chelsea's game plan was one of persistent low-level fouling all over the pitch to cause disruption and it worked for much of the game.

Very disappointing to lose two in succession, but we've now played City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton away and we are a contender for any position in the top 4. Our squad needs strengthening in January if possible, that much is clear. 

Good effort in the second half. Is it a coincidence us and City both looked like shit after that intense game between us? Meanwhile Chelsea had shitty Swansea on boxing day and swapped half their team around.

Anyway, we are very well positioned, we've played more away than at home so far and played pretty much every good team in the league away.

Two narrows losses in the hardest fixtures in the league.

If we get fourth it'll be by consistently winning against the rest of the sides, it's never relied upon results away to the two favourites for the title. 

We're not going to bring in four first team players in January, nor are they needed to beat the sides sitting 5-20th. One or two additions, with Gerrard and Sturridge to come back should be enough given we've got some very tough fixtures out of the way and are still in the hunt for fourth.

Factors to remember;

1. Our hardest away fixtures (bar a few) are out the way.

2. The Christmas schedule has not CL games, the teams above us may have CL hangovers when CL starts up again.

3. Sturridge and Gerrard to come back into the squad in a few weeks.

4. The transfer window is open in a few days and Brendan can use this game as an example to the owners we need new options.

We're 6 points off top in Dec.  

I really like Mourinho. I think he's a good coach. Proven record. I'm not going to slag him off because of that result. Fact is, if he was our manager and we his fans, we'd be a force to be reckoned with. Mutual respect and passion. Thats not in ANY way meaning to be disrespectful to Rodgers.

No, all my anger is directed at the absolutely shocking officiating. Again. The simple fact is that thanks to little more than cheating, we have gotten NOTHING out of two massively important fixtures. Thanks to extremely poor judgement AT BEST, those two games unfolded in very atrange ways, panning out against us.

The team will now be very fucking frustrated, and much confidence lost. We saw both the best and the worst of the modern game both today, and at city.

All I can say is that i LOVE MY CLUB and justice WILL prevail.

• Downvote 1

Well that was a bit shite. We've played well in both the last 2 games and have been hard done by, by the ref in both. We could have quite easily taken 6 points from the last 2games or at the least deserved 3 points.  We have to dust ourselves off now we are only 6 point from top at New Year I think many of us would have taken that at the start of the season. We must win our next few which are all games we should be winning. The teams above us all have quite tough games coming up.

• Upvote 1

DID OUR FUCKING MANAGER JUST SAY 'HOWARD WAS EXCELLENT'?

Did he seriously just fucking say that?! Are you fucking kidding me.

Unfortunately, he did.

Now we'll have internet superfans turning themselves inside out trying to defend him.

Bollock dropped.