You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brazilian ref murders player then gets decapitated by spectators

razor

Was going to put this in "Other football" thread, but after considering it for a minute, thought it kind of deserved its own thread...

Brazilian referee beheaded by spectators after he fatally stabs player | Football | guardian.co.uk

• Double murder takes place at Brazilian amateur match

• Police make one arrest, with investigation continuing

Police in northern Brazil say one man has been arrested after a referee who fatally stabbed a player during a match was decapitated by spectators who stormed the field.

Local reports said the incident, which took place on 30 June in the remote Brazilian town of Pio XII, escalated when the player, 30-year-old Josenir dos Santos, became involved in an argument with the referee, Octavio da Silva.

As the confrontation became physical and Dos Santos refused to leave the field, Da Silva allegedly produced a knife and stabbed the player, who died while being taken to hospital.

Reports said that outraged spectators responded by running on to the field and stoning Da Silva, before severing his head and sticking it on a stake in the middle of the field.

Police at the regional headquarters of Santa Ines said a 27-year-old man was arrested on 2 July, with the investigation continuing.

Police spokesman Valter Costa was quoted as saying: "We will identify and hold accountable all those involved in this incident. One crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not correspond with state law."

Brazil faces mounting pressure to show it is a safe place for tourists before 12 cities host the 2014 World Cup and Rio de Janeiro the Olympics in 2016. The Confederations Cup in June was marked by violence as anti-government protestors angered by the amount of money being spent on the events clashed with police.

I'd have stuck the stake up Graham Polls arse.

I despised poll when he was a ref. then I used to listen to him on the chappers podcast (what happened to that?) and got to quite like him. He was very honest, even down to talking about how/why refs were intimidated by ferguson and gave a good insight to the life of a ref.

I despised poll when he was a ref. then I used to listen to him on the chappers podcast (what happened to that?) and got to quite like him. He was very honest, even down to talking about how/why refs were intimidated by ferguson and gave a good insight to the life of a ref.

I hated Poll and still do. He was a hell of a lot better ref his last couple of seasons though when he calmed down and stopped worrying about reffing to please the assessors (and pisshead).

Why I still hate him is that he allowed pisshead to bully him and even admits it. Awareness after the fact is one thing and any degree of awareness is better than nothing but he basically came out and admitted for the vast majority of his career he allowed himself to be overly influenced and corrupted by a manager.

Now a lot of that blame has to go down to the FA, the Premier League, the refs body and that cunt himself but it's not an excuse to say I was young, immature, inexperienced etc. Poll was paid a bloody good wage and as part of that was expected to be above influence.

He's basically admitted he wasn't able to do his job properly bar a couple of years and I'm not going to stop hating him because he put in a decent 24 months.

I hated Poll and still do. He was a hell of a lot better ref his last couple of seasons though when he calmed down and stopped worrying about reffing to please the assessors (and pisshead).

Why I still hate him is that he allowed pisshead to bully him and even admits it. Awareness after the fact is one thing and any degree of awareness is better than nothing but he basically came out and admitted for the vast majority of his career he allowed himself to be overly influenced and corrupted by a manager.

Now a lot of that blame has to go down to the FA' date=' the Premier League, the refs body and that cunt himself but it's not an excuse to say I was young, immature, inexperienced etc. Poll was paid a bloody good wage and as part of that was expected to be above influence.

He's basically admitted he wasn't able to do his job properly bar a couple of years and I'm not going to stop hating him because he put in a decent 24 months.[/quote']

When I've heard him talk, he's basically said its a career decision. You don't give decisions against ferguson because that's the sure fire way to finish you career. He called nearly every bad performance Webb would make before it happened in the build up to the last WC, for exactly the same reason. It would seem to me the problem is with the FA who would happily fuck a refs career if ferguson wanted them to.

These guys are ambitious, why else would you choose to be a ref at 18 or whenever they start? Once they get near the top, they need the support of the governing body, not a governing body that essentially hangs them out to dry. While I agree he shouldn't have allowed himself to be intimidated, I feel it is inevitable.

Police spokesman Valter Costa was quoted as saying: "We will identify and hold accountable all those involved in this incident. One crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not correspond with state law."

Talk about stating the bleeding obvious!

i watched the liveleak video of this referee's body and head in hospital where they were trying to stitch his head together. also, looked like they chopped off his fingers and part of his arm as well.

it was some gruesome shite.

Yes, it was very gruesome. They chopped his arms and legs off as well as his head. Pretty medieval.

i watched the liveleak video of this referee's body and head in hospital where they were trying to stitch his head together. also, looked like they chopped off his fingers and part of his arm as well.

it was some gruesome shite.

I dont understand why they were putting him back together again, faster, stronger. They will put him back out there on the pitch, half man, half machine, all ref. Then he will flip out one day in the lab and go looking for the people who went nin nin nin, nin bang! Give the man a hand, etc. Then he will hold the perpetrator by the neck and try and kick off before he gets his ass checked by fifa directive 4 classified his ass. He puts his card in his top pocket like TJ hooker 'Can you do that dad'?.

Anyway it turns out that it was all a big conspiracy by the refs association, 'we killed you', 'wheres your partner?' and his linesman bird is all like 'murphyrinho' its you' an freakin out an shit. He's like talk to tha hand, hes more Kane than murphy tho thats the irony really, hes liable to freak out, this is a man who stabbed a player to death, so he would probably get pissed off and be like, 'get ten yards behind the ball, you have fifteen seconds to comply' 'Im 12 yards back ref, ee aar', 'You now have ten seconds to comply'.

When will they lurn?

Someone at work showed me the video below which he said was the referee's body at the hospital.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

liveleak.com/view?i=ab6_1372968263

grim that. fucking animals.