You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Maybe we should sing a new song. " we nearly won the league we nearly won the league, when are you gonna believe us when are you gonna believe uuuuussssss. We nearly won the league "

I nearly shagged Gail McKenna I'm mean had a dance. Well asked For a dance. Sort of looked over and hinted. Looked down at the floor. Was never really in the club. Fucking close though.

That we nearly won the league is relevant to the discussion, though there are differing views on Rodgers' input. I'm just as sick of hearing that it was 99.5% to do with Suarez with Gerrard, Coutinho, Sturridge and the rest not being worthy of mention.

Think I read somewhere that Ancellotti wouldn't be available until November/December, which might give him a few more months in the job if that's our favoured option.

There's nothing stopping them from getting a caretaker manager in and getting Ancelotti to sign on the dotted line, if they want to wait for him. Don't fuck about with Rodgers and miss out on the chance to get Ancelotti or Klopp...

Maybe we should sing a new song. " we nearly won the league we nearly won the league, when are you gonna believe us when are you gonna believe uuuuussssss. We nearly won the league "

I nearly shagged Gail McKenna I'm mean had a dance. Well asked For a dance. Sort of looked over and hinted. Looked down at the floor. Was never really in the club. Fucking close though.

Aye, shall we just forget about that season then? Or shall we remember the bit where we fucked it up and forget the good bits, that's probably a better plan.

Aye, shall we just forget about that season then? Or shall we remember the bit where we fucked it up and forget the good bits, that's probably a better plan.

Theres not many left here from that squad now is there, three or something I think, the ones that left have been replaced with mediocrity most of whom are on loan now or injured. If this carries on in each window ie Coutinho, our future is not so bright to say the least..

Is the truth. His disloyalty to his coaching staff ( as mentioned by others ) does him no favours but all the rest of the crap that he comes out with is just hot air. I hope this doesn't drag out any longer than it needs to. They are in a fucking bubble over in Boston if they believe this is going to settle down. The fella is toast and we must secure Klopp or Ancelotti whilst they are available. Drag it out till Xmas and get a turkey is the outcome I fear most.

( apologies for the festive pun)

I don't see how him getting rid of his backroom staff does him no favours, surely it's a positive he's prepared to put success ahead of friendship and personal relationships.I've seen BR accused of favouritism this season but getting rid of those two shows that is not the case.

O'Drisscoll has openly said he feels BR has brought him in to challenge his decisions and not just go along with everything he says.BR obviously took some criticism unboard last season and wants someone alongside him who

will speak up if they think he's doing something wrong.

• Downvote 2

Theres not many left here from that squad now is there, three or something I think, the ones that left have been replaced with mediocrity most of whom are on loan now or injured. If this carries on in each window ie Coutinho, our future is not so bright to say the least..

Buying the wrong tools is not only a false economy but it can hinder the job. You don't need a spanner to dig a hole.

I don't see how him getting rid of his backroom staff does him no favours, surely it's a positive he's prepared to put success ahead of friendship and personal relationships.I've seen BR accused of favouritism this season but getting rid of those two shows that is not the case.

If he's asking for more time for himself and throws his staff under a bus does it not smack even a little of disloyalty and selfishness ? If nothing else its hardly going to encourage others to put their faith in him

O'Drisscoll has openly said he feels BR has brought him in to challenge his decisions and not just go along with everything he says.BR obviously took some criticism unboard last season and wants someone alongside him who

will speak up if they think he's doing something wrong.

ooh look another bus coming...

• Upvote 2

Considering that, according to Rodgers, the only difference between us now, and us in 2013/14, is quality players then it seems all very strange that he chose to get rid of the two coaches that helped us achieve that magnificent 2nd place capitulation.

And sell the quality players to buy complete shite

• Upvote 1

his name was TK421

Well TK421 was talking shite as usual.  That team didn't want to play for him and the whole club was in disarray.  We were out of control on and off the pitch.  Benitez staying would have been crazy.  He wasn't going to retrieve the situation as long as he had a hole in his arse.  He wasn't getting any money for transfers and no-one at the club trusted him as far as they could throw him.  I'm amazed people still completely ignore all the context when they go on about Benitez leaving.  We have been a steaming pile of shite since but we were a steaming pile of shite then and we would have been a steaming pile of shite had he stayed, which lest we forget, he didn't want to. 

As well as having a go at the ex-players and pundits, Rodgers is explicitly poking the internet followers with a stick at the moment, which is why a lot of people on the forums have finally turned and gone for him over the last few days.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1