You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

With the Sterling money, we can bring in at least 3 midtable midfielders. Maybe 4 if we scan through the list of players out of contract next month. Do we have anyone scouting the Cypriot league? If we're really clever, this might just work.

Part of me still wants to give Brendan a chance despite of how bad this season has been, despite of how much he fucking loved playing Johnson and Lovren, despite of his blind faith in the ungrateful shit that is Sterling and despite of some incredibly cringey stuff said by him to the media over his tenure. However, it'd be infuriating if we've not even enquired about whether Klopp has any interest.

I do think Brendan has the qualities of a good manager but he's undone all of his 13/14 work with this disaster of a season.

We cannot allow another set of poor summer signings to be brought in, have a poor start then have to sack him at Xmas. More time and money wasted. He has lost the team in my opinion, as well as the plot. If FSG didn't have a CL qualification proviso in his contract then they are fucking clueless or the ''wanting a yes man '' at the helm talk  is 100% true. 

Something has to give at this club soon. My hope it is not a further downward spiral. 

With the Sterling money, we can bring in at least 3 midtable midfielders. Maybe 4 if we scan through the list of players out of contract next month. Do we have anyone scouting the Cyclops league? If we're really clever, this might just work.

I know its just a clip but this lad looks promising 

200.gif

• Upvote 1

I personally don't think sacking the manager will be enough. The whole structure of the club has to change first. Because if it stays how it is, whether it be Rafa, Klopp or Ancelotti they'll still encounter the same problems and face the same restrictions Brendan has imo.

FSG need to get serious and start employing real football men to run this club if we are ever to move forward. If they don't we are doomed to make the same mistakes over and over again. And waste millions upon millions of pounds in the process. Time to wake up LFC before it's too late.

• Upvote 1

If Rodgers was smart he would resign now, because I don't think he's going to be fired.

Yet.

6-9 months more in the job, when I think he will be inevitably sacked, might get him a huge payout but will only be damaging his management stocks more and more.

I honestly think resigning is the best thing for him to do, if he's a serious manager and not a chancer happy with severance pay.

The club on the other hand, I have this mortifying fear, may be damned if they do or don't part with him.  

Abjectly depressing.

I personally don't think sacking the manager will be enough. The whole structure of the club has to change first. Because if it stays how it is, whether it be Rafa, Klopp or Ancelotti they'll still encounter the same problems and face the same restrictions Brendan has imo.

FSG need to get serious and start employing real football men to run this club if we are ever to move forward. If they don't we are doomed to make the same mistakes over and over again. And waste millions upon millions of pounds in the process. Time to wake up LFC before it's too late.

Is right.

The club lacks top level football nous across all its key positions.

That has to change, the strategy has to change - sadly it's a case of those who have committed the crime are the jury so no chance of a conviction!

I've come to the conclusion we may as well keep Rodgers in place. If what Bascombe and Maddock have written is correct then we are implementing a strategy of hope over reality, and we have little chance of interesting a more experienced manager. Rodgers will do as well as anyone else we might get in those circumstances. 

It's just unfathomable that they can watch what has unfolded and not seek to make changes. And I'm not talking solely about managerial chnages but also the transfer committee and the club hierarchy as well.

The Guest being one, you yourself called him out for calling me 'a shithouse' for, wait for it, saying I didn't think Rodgers was up to the job. 

All I've seen on here - and Major Tom is the worst for it by far - is straw manning and goalpost shifting ad infinitum. 

Your'e a Sky Generation fan, you don't appreciate the fundamentals of modern football economics, this place is going to the dogs, Chelsea have lots of money etc, I've read it all on here in recent months. 

You're a whiner, Section. You moan about everything. Enlightened as you've been told you are or not.

Plenty on here didn't/don't rate Rodgers from the start. And they are not telling us so.

And, anyway, no-one would have called you a sky generation fan. While you're on the subject of straw men.

Massive when you factor in Champions league money tho shirley.

TV money bound to be the biggest influencer, ok we will always do ok because of who we are, but if we were to end up down around 10th all season we would start seeing that drop off as we start being on much less.