You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

In terms of record yeah there is no argument but it would end badly. 

Why would it. Geniune question.

If he wins the Europa League this year. He has consistently shown he can win silverware no matter where he goes. No matter which Chairman he works under.

Im pretty sure he's experienced enough to work under any structure FSG see fit.

Im not sure Ian Ayre would survive, but then don't we all think he should be demoted anyway.

If he wins the Europa League this year. He has consistently shown he can win silverware no matter where he goes. No matter which Chairman he works under.

Im not sure Ian Ayre would survive, but then don't we all think he should be demoted anyway.

Because I don't see how he's going topple four clubs that have infinite resources when he can't do it in a league where there is only one team. 

• Upvote 1

Well apparently if a manager has won trophies and is available it will be criminal not to at least sound said candidate out to see if they're up for it. What are we waiting for?

If we have to sack a manager when a manager with a better cv is available then indeed Rafas name should be right at the very top of the list out of those available.

In those circumstances the next manager is not important for the long term future anyway as when Abramovich gets fed up of Joses football and sacks him in a couple of years we will surely be getting rid of our current manager and getting him in.

For those of you who are saying it would be unlikely Jose has said he will not leave the prem after Chelsea, considering Manu, arsenal or city wouldn't have him due to his football I'd say it would be between us and Spurs.

If it's an unmissable chance now with Klopp then it certainly will be when Jose becomes available.

• Downvote 1

Never go back.

It would split the fanbase.

He's had his time.

Football is a game of two halves.

Life is like a box of chocolates.

I do still have a soft spot for Rafa despite thinking his time was up when it was, and I do think he's a better football manager than Rodgers by a long chalk, but you only have to look at this forum to see why it would be an extremely divisive move to get him back. Better to open a clean page.

Because I don't see how he's going topple four clubs that have infinite resources when he can't do it in a league where there is only one team.

Ah come on Robbie. What manager has a chance if that's the case?

Do you honestly think the man that brought Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, etc to the club, as well as getting the very best out of Gerrard, wouldn't be able to do it again?

Take names out of it and look at the stats of both managers. There really shouldn't be an argument.

No I didn't because I didn't think half the support would be gunning for him at the first mistake. I'll also happily admit my heart overruled my head on that occasion.

Well then half the support would be acting like cunts.

Ah come on Robbie. What manager has a chance if that's the case?

Do you honestly think the man that brought Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, etc to the club, as well as getting the very best out of Gerrard, wouldn't be able to do it again?

Do what again? Win the CL? No chance.